All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

To start with, their need to be fewer, but larger, competitions. Good luck trying to figure out how to make that happen.

I agree about needing fewer, but larger events and there being almost no chance of that happening. Given the constraints we have how do we improve our situation? Is increased pay the best solution we have to offer?

These have been easy so far.

If you had a question, but were afraid to ask . . . now is your time.

Being on Panthers is my dream. I was actually planning on graduating a year early to move down to Dallas during what would be my senior year to go to college and tryout. What does it take to be a CA athlete, more specifically, what does it take to be a panther?

Being on Panthers is my dream. I was actually planning on graduating a year early to move down to Dallas during what would be my senior year to go to college and tryout. What does it take to be a CA athlete, more specifically, what does it take to be a panther?

There aren't strict skill requirements for any team. However, for comparison purposes, the majority of the athletes on Panthers do at least running double fulls and standing 2 to fulls.

I would be shocked if it were true, but I had heard the kids are all weighed at every practice. I am sure its a crazy rumor!

I would be shocked if it were true, but I had heard the kids are all weighed at every practice. I am sure its a crazy rumor!

To my knowledge, we have never weighed a single athlete. Weight isn't a very reliable indicator of health anyway. If we think that someone may be bordering on an unhealthy weight (either too high or low) for their body type, then we may pull them aside outside of practice and discuss it with them, but that is rare. (maybe 1-2 times a year total out of the whole program.)

To my knowledge, we have never weighed a single athlete. Weight isn't a very reliable indicator of health anyway. If we think that someone may be bordering on an unhealthy weight (either too high or low) for their body type, then we may pull them aside outside of practice and discuss it with them, but that is rare. (maybe 1-2 times a year total out of the whole program.)
How would you handle something like that so an athlete wouldn't be offended? I went through a phase when I was a sophomore in HS when I had gained some extra weight due to some medication I was on, and if anyone at my gym had spoken with me about it, I would have been mortified. Maybe I am too sensitive, but I think most would find themselves feeling the same way in a similar situation. At a time in one's life when feeling confident and having a high self-esteem is so important, wouldn't having someone that you look up too, like a gym owner or your favorite coach, telling you that you are overweight or underweight, damage your self-esteem?

Not trying to attack your program, just trying to understand how you would handle it so I can know how to handle it, as a coach, if I was in a similar situation where I was concerned about an athlete's health.

Just wondering.. what areas do you believe that CA is maybe lacking or not as strong in? (In actual cheer and as a business)

Nice one.

We have really worked hard to improve our youth/mini/tiny program the last few years and it has gotten MUCH better. It is still not where we would like it to be. We would really like that to grow and be a bigger part of our business.

Also, we are not as efficient with our facility as we need to be. The gym sits empty for most of the day during the week and on Saturday. We are probably losing a great deal of money by not coming up with things to do in the building during all of that time.

Also, we are not as efficient with our facility as we need to be. The gym sits empty for most of the day during the week and on Saturday. We are probably losing a great deal of money by not coming up with things to do in the building during all of that time.

If you solve this in a manner that can be replicated across the industry, everyone will sing Hosannas to you.

Back