All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

For 1 the person didn't call out CA As a hole he called out a single coach who is trying to recruit his athlete who is extremely talented . 2 the fact you'll are calling out a 16 year old athlete and calling her a " liar " is making me sick to my stomach . 3 . The whole CA Doesn't host children is a LIE ! Oh wait that's right that new family moved " for work " and also Instead of beating around the bush if we want to talk about someone and how you stalk them on Facebook to even see the post how about we call out a name ? This entire site needs to be taken down and parents need to find a life . So frustrating what has happen to the cheerleading industry oh I know Parents got involved :(

1. I saw a copy of the original Facebook post. It mentions Cheer Athletics twice, Cheetahs once, but never mentions a CA coach. (I still don't know who the athlete or the CA coach are, because they weren't specifically mentioned in the post.)

2. It is possible that a coach said those things to that athlete. That is a possibility. That coach would be in serious trouble if true. Another possibility is that the either the 16 year old or the coach on the other end misunderstood or is stretching or not telling the truth. Honestly, I have no idea. The "host family" thing makes it MUCH more unlikely to be true, IMO, because that isn't something we normally do even for extremely talented athletes who contact us.

3. I believe you misunderstand "host family." If a family ups and moves to Texas so the athlete can be on a team, that isn't a host family - that is just a "family". A HOST family is when JUST the athlete moves and they stay with a completely different family. (The non-biological family is "hosting" the athlete in their home temporarily.) I can think of 2 or 3 times that has happened in the last 21 years, none of them were recent and I don't think those were "set up" by us.

We make mistakes. We have close to 120 employees and around 1500 unique athletes. Sometimes, they don't follow our policies, sometimes they mess up, and sometimes they do things we wish they hadn't. It happens. Directly recruiting an athlete during camp is against our rules unless they come to us first seeking information. If it did happen, I want to know so we can fix it.

I have been doing this all of my professional life and have seen more than my share of things said about our program. Usually, I can tell pretty quickly which complaints are valid and which are not. This one does not seem valid at first glance, but I could always be wrong.

Last edited:
I know it happens, that just seems so far for it to be a REGULAR thing (ex. 2x a week for an entire season.)

I also really would like to know how people do that with summertime gas prices when it is at or close to $4/gallon depending on where you live.

That's not a commute. That's a roadtrip. Every week. That's also almost my mortgage in gas after a few months.

Nine hours is "screw this, I'm buying a plane ticket" territory for us when it comes to vacations. I'd imagine it'd be the same for cheer (versus the miles on your car, wear and tear, gas, etc.)

Taking a road trip every week is crazy;I can't imagine the money,time away,stress and wear and tear on a body,it would bring,but hey,I don't have to do it,so I don't say anything....

From the time I've known them,they always drive. I have known them to do 16+ hour drives for pageants;I'm guessing that 9 for cheer is nothing for them. I also prefer to fly then drive,but I guess that buying a plane ticket once or twice a week is more expensive,but then again, I don't really know. Either way,you're spending a lot of money for cheer..

Taking a road trip every week is crazy;I can't imagine the money,time away,stress and wear and tear on a body,it would bring,but hey,I don't have to do it,so I don't say anything....

From the time I've known them,they always drive. I have known them to do 16+ hour drives for pageants;I'm guessing that 9 for cheer is nothing for them. I also prefer to fly then drive,but I guess that buying a plane ticket once or twice a week is more expensive,but then again, I don't really know. Either way,you're spending a lot of money for cheer..
We drove about 5 hrs round trip the past few years. I cannot fathom 9 hrs each way.

"What, you don't even go here!"

I still do not know who anyone is talking about.

Now for my question @BlueCat my Princess Hotmess wants to know if you would ever do traveling camps where you would come to diffeerent gyms like lets say a gym in Missouri and put on a camp?

I am sorry if this was asked before I did read through the entire thread I promise.
Yes. Contact [email protected] and he can talk to you about it.

We drove about 5 hrs round trip the past few years. I cannot fathom 9 hrs each way.

I'm antsy/annoyed when I find out that the location for a tee ball playoff game is 40 min away or when my HS girls have an away football game on the schedule that's an hour east. That tells you how I'd do with 9 hours in a car, especially if I'm driving.

I still do not know who anyone is talking about.

Now for my question @BlueCat my Princess Hotmess wants to know if you would ever do traveling camps where you would come to different gyms like lets say a gym in Missouri and put on a camp?

I am sorry if this was asked before I did read through the entire thread I promise.
They actually just did a camp at capitol city a few weeks ago!

For the record I'm still kind of confused. And if the kid isn't cheering does it matter if they're recruited?
The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

They actually just did a camp at capitol city a few weeks ago!

For the record I'm still kind of confused. And if the kid isn't cheering does it matter if they're recruited?
The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
The child in question does in fact cheer for a program as mentioned earlier. She was attending a CA camp.

Back