All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Im not bluecat, but i am a mom whos daughter does 4hrs each way

Lol it takes lots of discipline for the athlete. But i will say it has taught my daughter to learn to manage her time wisely and to be very responsible.

Homework is done in the car on the way up and most of the time sleep the entire car ride home.

This is our 3rd year doing it.
We get home on week night practices about 130am. And school starts at 715am. it takes discipline and the right mind set for sure to make it work.

Practice times vary during the weekend. And usually worlds teams practice 730pm to 930pm during the week. So leaving shortly after school lets out is a must to make it by 730.

I will say its 110% worth it!

This is such helpful info. My CP is outgrowing her gym...this is her 4th season there...and she wants to go to CA. It is a 2.5 hour drive one way for us without traffic. She is extremely dedicated and passionate. That being said, she is 9 (10 in March). I worry about traveling that far at such a young age. She is very mature, an extremely hard worker, has a full and has been on a flyer on a J3 team for two years now. She wants a team who will share in her passion and be 100% committed 100% of the time. Penny for your thoughts?!?!?

Last edited:
This is such helpful info. My CP is outgrowing her gym...this is her 4th season there...and she wants to go to CA. It is a 2.5 hour drive one way for us without traffic. She is extremely dedicated and passionate. That being said, she is 9 (10 in March). I worry about traveling that far at such a young age. She is very mature, an extremely hard worker, has a full and has been on a flyer on a J3 team for two years now. She wants a team who will share in her passion and be 100% committed 100% of the time. Penny for your thoughts?!?!?
Thought I would share my experience, as we are in the midst of what could be similar to what you might experience. Your CP is pretty young, so you won't have High School Cheer or a lot of homework to deal with at this point so those are definitely positives for you. Where it gets tough is as they get older. My CP is a senior this year and I will say that if it wasn't her senior year it would probably not work for us. Between added homework, grade expectations, high school cheer/sports, and the fact that teens really need more continuous sleep, in our house, something would fall through the cracks. And, you will have to take into consideration, that at the higher levels, there will ALWAYS be extra practices called and missing practice is not an option. As we prepare to go into competition season, we have added an additional 6 practices so far and extended our regularly scheduled practices an additional 25 hours ABOVE what they were originally scheduled between now and the first week of December. Luckily, my CP is used to prioritizing and school is not too hard for her. If this had been the dreaded junior year, there is no way she could have kept up her studies, SAT prep, and cheer with this additional amount of drive time. Unfortunately, she gets motion sick, so no homework in the car for her. BUT, that being said, my CP will say that she would not trade this experience for ANYTHING in the world and is so excited to take the mat in 7 weeks.

Back