All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I was reviewing some older posts and noticed this. I actually had some BBQ last time I was there and I was amazed. It is VERY different from the BBQ here, but it was fantastic.
Glad you enjoyed it![emoji6]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Not sure if this has been asked before but how did CA Charlotte open? Why Charlotte? I've always wondered that...

Many reasons, mostly demographic. Charlotte is a wonderful area with lots growth and lots of families with cheer-aged kids. We had also already set up a close gym (Frisco), a medium-distance one (Austin), so we wanted one in a completely new market that didn't overlap with any of our current facilities. Also, our director really liked the area as a new home for himself.

In hindsight, it was one of the best decisions we ever made. We have found a wonderful staff that has really bought into the "CA Way." The athletes and families in North Carolina have been fantastic. It is already our largest expansion gym by team enrollment, (despite being the newest). It has been very successful for us and all indicators point to another big growth year for next season.

Last edited:
Many reasons, mostly demographic. Charlotte is a wonderful area with lots growth and lots of families with cheer-aged kids. We had also already set up a close gym (Frisco), a medium-distance one (Austin), so we wanted one in a completely new market that didn't overlap with any of our current facilities. Also, our director really liked the area as a new home for himself.

In hindsight, it was one of the best decisions we ever made. We have found a wonderful staff that have really bought into the "CA Way." The athletes and families in North Carolina have been fantastic. It is already our largest expansion gym by team enrollment, (despite being the newest). It has been very successful for us and all indicators point to another big growth year for next season.
This is our first year at CA Charlotte and we couldn't be happier. In fact, we didn't know cheer could be this competitive AND fun. The coaches are AMAZING; the perfect mix of toughness, fun and love. And the atmosphere at the gym is hard to describe. You feel the positivity the minute you walk in… you just don’t want to leave. I’m one happy CLT cheer mom.

Do you any World athletes that also attend and cheer for Navarro? Is it possible to make those schedules work together/do both?
Thanks

BlueCat,

How is it decided which Worlds Level 5 team an athlete is placed on? For example, what decides whether an athlete is placed on Med Coed Junglecats or Large Coed Cheetahs?

Also, is your worlds' choreography created in house or do you bring in a choreographer?

And I just wanted to say thank you for answering all of our questions honestly and professionally.

CA = Class Act.

^^^ im curious as well, do athletes get an option as to what team they wish to be on. Ive always noticed some athletes spend more years being with just one team, then switching around a lot.

BlueCat,

How is it decided which Worlds Level 5 team an athlete is placed on? For example, what decides whether an athlete is placed on Med Coed Junglecats or Large Coed Cheetahs?

Also, is your worlds' choreography created in house or do you bring in a choreographer?

And I just wanted to say thank you for answering all of our questions honestly and professionally.

CA = Class Act.

Athletes are allowed to mark their team preferences and we take those into account. However, rosters are primarily determined by what we feel will be best for the program/teams as a whole. We take an enormous amount of time balancing out flyers/bases/tumblers/performers/etc. to try to make each team successful for their division. It is impossible to always predict athletes' future abilities and growth, but we generally do a good job of setting the teams up for success.

Pretty much all of our choreography is done in-house with the exception of a few of the dances.

When one of your teams gets a full paid bid to worlds, knowing the full paid bid amount is $650 times the amount of athletes on the floor plus two coaches, what happens to the alternates? Do they still have to pay their own way there or does the gym/any prize money the team recieves during the year cover that amount?

When one of your teams gets a full paid bid to worlds, knowing the full paid bid amount is $650 times the amount of athletes on the floor plus two coaches, what happens to the alternates? Do they still have to pay their own way there or does the gym/any prize money the team recieves during the year cover that amount?

If the athlete has been with that team for the season, the gym covers that amount for them. This also generally true of rings/jackets/shirts/other than an EP may not provide. (The gym purchases) Other situations are handled case-by-case.

Back