All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Part 2... Was discussing with @fabulousity

Cheer Athletics as a brand seems to be marketed very well. Do you have consultants/agencies that assist with the development of collateral/white papers/PR or is it all done in house?
We have been very protective of the brand/logo/name over the years, but we have not gotten any outside or professional help with it.

Given the amount of time you've been in the industry, how do you feel about cheer leading becoming more tumbling orientated? When I first started cheering in college in 04, the best teams (all star and college) were all balanced - they had strong partner stunters and tumblers, and the routines reflected this. Now, I watch teams and feel like it's just a gymnastics competition.
I feel it is actually less tumbling oriented than it was a few years ago. I think that the tumbling focus has been generally good for gyms, as it has helped foster the growth of tumbling classes, which are many gyms' bread and butter. The deliberate move away from a balanced scoresheet in the international divisions could eventually be a big detriment to US gyms' class programs.

I feel it is actually less tumbling oriented than it was a few years ago. I think that the tumbling focus has been generally good for gyms, as it has helped foster the growth of tumbling classes, which are many gyms' bread and butter. The deliberate move away from a balanced scoresheet in the international divisions could eventually be a big detriment to US gyms' class programs.

Sorry to interrupt your thread, but I whole heartedly agree with this. The less tumbling is worth the less reason people have to take tumbling classes and tumbling privates.

What are your thoughts of having a "college recruiting" day at CA for those high school juniors & seniors that want to cheer in college. As a parent, I would like to know what the options are for my athlete, scholarships available & all that. I heard a gym on the east coast does it & college coaches from all over the country come to recruit. I honestly don't think we get alot of info on this since it's Cheerleading & it's so underexposed. I would like to see more emphasis on this for those kids that don't know what their options are & for those parents that don't want their athlete to miss out on scholarships & squads that are out there. It's really sad to me that my daughter doesn't want to cheer for a university in our great state for reasons such as lack of scholarships or lack of program as a whole.

What are your thoughts of having a "college recruiting" day at CA for those high school juniors & seniors that want to cheer in college. As a parent, I would like to know what the options are for my athlete, scholarships available & all that. I heard a gym on the east coast does it & college coaches from all over the country come to recruit. I honestly don't think we get alot of info on this since it's Cheerleading & it's so underexposed. I would like to see more emphasis on this for those kids that don't know what their options are & for those parents that don't want their athlete to miss out on scholarships & squads that are out there. It's really sad to me that my daughter doesn't want to cheer for a university in our great state for reasons such as lack of scholarships or lack of program as a whole.

Interesting idea. What time of year do you think would be the best time for that?

Interesting idea. What time of year do you think would be the best time for that?
The only time I could think of would be either spring or summer. Fall is football season so that is out. Think it could be offered to soph, jr & upcoming seniors. CA could charge a fee to each athlete to get that exposure/try-out. Think it would be a win win for all involved. :)

The only time I could think of would be either spring or summer. Fall is football season so that is out. Think it could be offered to soph, jr & upcoming seniors. CA could charge a fee to each athlete to get that exposure/try-out. Think it would be a win win for all involved. :)
I don't think necessarily we would want to charge admission, but I like the idea. In fact, I think we could open it up to any athlete from anywhere, HS and/or all-star.

Back