All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Before tryouts, do you have a good idea of how many total athletes will be trying out for that year? How accurate are you if you do?

Any chance we'll find Panthers back in Large Senior AG next season?!?

How has the new facility been working out so far?

(P.S. I was on your website today reading some of the recent news and I noticed in your "New Worlds Title Counts" article, you said CEA had 15 medals, but only 14 were accounted for in the little parentheses count. I'm not sure what number is correct, and it's not really that important, but I figured I'd let you know.)

do you cut athletes at tryouts?

Like everyone, we try to find spots for as many athletes as possible. When making out the initial rosters, it is usually possible to place 99% of the athletes.

Do you all teams/levels have waiting lists or do you mostly just have them with the level 5 teams?

Waiting lists happen when people come in for private tryouts after rosters are set. At that point, we have much less flexibility in placing athletes on the appropriate teams. There may simply not be any more spots available for the age/skill level of the athlete. We can usually work them in to a spot within a few weeks, but not always. This is true at all levels.

Before tryouts, do you have a good idea of how many total athletes will be trying out for that year? How accurate are you if you do?

Any chance we'll find Panthers back in Large Senior AG next season?!?

How has the new facility been working out so far?

(P.S. I was on your website today reading some of the recent news and I noticed in your "New Worlds Title Counts" article, you said CEA had 15 medals, but only 14 were accounted for in the little parentheses count. I'm not sure what number is correct, and it's not really that important, but I figured I'd let you know.)

We never know how many are going to try out and we have not found a reliable way to even guess.

Anything is possible with the divisions. We have not made the final determination of what the divisions will be. We are a couple of days away from finalizing that.

New facility is great. We had planned/hoped for some growth in all of our programs, but we are growing much faster than expected. Having a gym with space for 7+ teams to practice at once seemed a lot crazier 6 months ago than it does now.

I know we are heading down a day early to see the Olympic torch as it is travelling through Liverpool on the friday!
I know I posted a few months back about this and that my cheerleaders are involved, at the time I was told the 8th but actually this is the wrong weekend, it comes the Friday before, the 1st. I'm so very sorry, I really hope you haven't already booked to come down, I feel awful, I didn't realise anyone was making plans based on what I said the other month. :oops:

I’ve always wondered how your gym works with athletes who wish to super-senior, due to the success of your program you might have received athletes that wish to end their cheer career on a team at your gym. So let’s say a level 4 athlete has decided to attend college in Texas in the upcoming year, however, they won’t be in Texas for the entire summer. This athlete is 18 by August 31 of the respective year, making them eligible for one last year on a senior team. Say the athlete was placed on a Senior Level 4 team. My main question is how would the coaching staff work around the athlete not being able to attend all summer practices, while making sure that the athlete can aid the team in the most effective way possible or would it be easier to place the athlete on an International 5 or 6 team, even though they don’t have those elite skills?

I know I posted a few months back about this and that my cheerleaders are involved, at the time I was told the 8th but actually this is the wrong weekend, it comes the Friday before, the 1st. I'm so very sorry, I really hope you haven't already booked to come down, I feel awful, I didn't realise anyone was making plans based on what I said the other month. :oops:
nahh i was always staying 3 nights, i cant cope with driving glasgow-liverpool then competing lol!
dont sweat it you have just made my sisters day she wants to go to the Beatles museum

I’ve always wondered how your gym works with athletes who wish to super-senior, due to the success of your program you might have received athletes that wish to end their cheer career on a team at your gym. So let’s say a level 4 athlete has decided to attend college in Texas in the upcoming year, however, they won’t be in Texas for the entire summer. This athlete is 18 by August 31 of the respective year, making them eligible for one last year on a senior team. Say the athlete was placed on a Senior Level 4 team. My main question is how would the coaching staff work around the athlete not being able to attend all summer practices, while making sure that the athlete can aid the team in the most effective way possible or would it be easier to place the athlete on an International 5 or 6 team, even though they don’t have those elite skills?

Most fly-ins are here for at least part of the summer. If not, then it is unusual (but not impossible) to hold a roster spot for them. Most of the time, we have at least some open spots around the end of summer. This really just depends on the team.

New facility is great. We had planned/hoped for some growth in all of our programs, but we are growing much faster than expected. Having a gym with space for 7+ teams to practice at once seemed a lot crazier 6 months ago than it does now.

Thanks for the tour. The place looks wonderful!

i wish i had seen it being brought up too! I have alot to say from a UK perspective... they have offered us a reciprocal trip! if they cant keep their promises to CA and CEA then should i really even mention it to my kids??
they are still advertising to us that both teams are coming over and that we are having a clinic with you on the saturday night (which we cant attend because the dance competition will still be ongoing !!)

Can either yourself or BlueCat confirm if either team are coming?

We had to bow out because of the sheer amount that we would have had to fundraise. My CP is a just turned 13 year old and there's no way we could send her without a parent so out thoughts going in were........."Her trip will be covered and we'll fundraise enough for a parent to go" After the $$$ was allotted our bill rose to $4100. And that didn't include food and spending money. It was just out of our price range.

As far as the team, I will ask around because I know they've been fundraising and see how many are going if any. I wouldn't want to misspeak on their behalf. I will say this. I wish they had just been honest and up front about the whole thing. Because in my opinion Coed Elite needed to be in their regular division at Jamfest for a World's Bid much worse than they needed to be in the Major's.

If I were YOU Scottish_cheerleader I would just ask them straight out. "I know that CA and CEA didn't really win a trip here so I am hesitant to even bring this to my kids attention at the risk of the same thing happening to us"

If I were YOU Scottish_cheerleader I would just ask them straight out. "I know that CA and CEA didn't really win a trip here so I am hesitant to even bring this to my kids attention at the risk of the same thing happening to us"

i get on really well with the lady who runs jamfest europe and also know Dan Kessler quite well, BUT they dont really answer questions when you ask.
this is what it says on our website at the moment:
"Don't miss out on seeing the best team from the U.S. compete. Cheer Athletics Senior All-Girl and Cheer Extreme Senior Co-Ed will travel to Liverpool to compete, teach a clinic and meet all the athletes. No other event in the UK and Europe will you be able to see this caliber of athletes in person."

I have noticed that the wording of our "reciprocal" prize has changed to "selection to attend The Majors" instead of the "bid" and they are now offering paid registration for super nationals too

How do you feel about athletes and social network sites? Do you ever have issues with somethings athletes say over twitter to fb?

Back