All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So all Ive been hearing about is how everybody hates the new uniforms. But what really matters is how the kids feel about them. Awesome uniforms really boost your confidence, and if they like them, then thats all that matters. So how do the kids feel about them? Are they upset about the hate the've been getting?

The online response to the uniforms has been pretty mixed, with some people loving them and some people absolutely hating them (or saying that they do, at least.) The people who saw them live - particularly Panthers - tend to have a much better opinion of them than those who have just seen a picture.

Those teams are used to getting a variety of opinions about them from message boards / twitter / etc. We try to teach them to view it ALL as a form of flattery. We tell them that if they weren't as strong as they were, no one would care enough to talk about them one way or the other. So, no, they are not upset by "hate" that they are getting. They mostly just tune that stuff out.

We are focused on getting CA Austin up and running at the moment. We don't want to over-extend ourselves too quickly. Once Austin is running full speed, then we may look to expand further.

Do you have suggestions on where we should expand to? (where you think the business could actually work and be successful)

New York. I know it's far, but a lot of cheerleaders here are far away from big known gyms and would love if you brought it here!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I have nothing but respect for all of the athletes & coaches from CA. You guys are truly an amazing program and an inspiration to cheerleaders everywhere.

Especially to the Wildcats athletes, I hope you all the best of luck in your future and hope that God returns the favor that you guys did for Omar this past weekend.

No hate towards the new uniforms,although I am not a fan of them after seeing them in both pictures and live, but could you explain what the thinking behind these uniforms were? It seems like Panthers and Cheetahs have always had a very clean looking uniform that looks good on almost every athlete and enhances their best features making them look great on the floor. CA has always been very well recognized for their tan skin and abs, so why choose not to embrace that and cover their stomachs with a pale/white? These uniforms are a lot less athletic looking than the previous cheetahs and panthers uniforms. What caused you guys to change your minds about the images of the team? I don't know if I'm making sense here haha so many questions.

We are focused on getting CA Austin up and running at the moment. We don't want to over-extend ourselves too quickly. Once Austin is running full speed, then we may look to expand further.

Do you have suggestions on where we should expand to? (where you think the business could actually work and be successful)

You should look into opening a gym in Lake Forest, California! The only other big name in California is bullets and it's such a far drive from the lake forest area so not many people go! So many girls want a big name gym out here you would be successful for sure.

The online response to the uniforms has been pretty mixed, with some people loving them and some people absolutely hating them (or saying that they do, at least.) The people who saw them live - particularly Panthers - tend to have a much better opinion of them than those who have just seen a picture.

Those teams are used to getting a variety of opinions about them from message boards / twitter / etc. We try to teach them to view it ALL as a form of flattery. We tell them that if they weren't as strong as they were, no one would care enough to talk about them one way or the other. So, no, they are not upset by "hate" that they are getting. They mostly just tune that stuff out.

This 'hate' you speak of. Is it from the 'Haterz' I keep hearing about in cheer music? Just trying to put the pieces together.

BlueCat Thanks for the feed back! I wish you all the luck with opening up the gym in Austin. But when it come to the potential California gym, I think it would be an awesome idea to maybe team up with a gym that is already in the area. A lot of Southern California is taken up by either Cali or CheerForce but Northern California is more available. A thought though is teaming up with like CheerForce who is on their way back up could be an amazing thing for both programs. Just an idea.

You should look into opening a gym in Lake Forest, California! The only other big name in California is bullets and it's such a far drive from the lake forest area so not many people go! So many girls want a big name gym out here you would be successful for sure.

Isnt there a CheerForce right around that area? They had some teams at worlds this weekend no? At least 20 mins or so...

Isnt there a Cheerforce right around that area though? I know they had some teams at worlds this weekend..? Like 20 mins or so if not less.. poofofsecrets

BlueCat Thanks for the feed back! I wish you all the luck with opening up the gym in Austin. But when it come to the potential California gym, I think it would be an awesome idea to maybe team up with a gym that is already in the area. A lot of Southern California is taken up by either Cali or CheerForce but Northern California is more available. A thought though is teaming up with like CheerForce who is on their way back up could be an amazing thing for both programs. Just an idea.
This is a wonderful idea!!! Maybe even teaming up with a smaller name gym (An OC Allstars type gym) would be a good idea. I know a lot of smaller gyms have so much potential they're just not sure how to use it of haven't gotten the chance to show their talent and potentially compete well at worlds! CA teaming up with a gym would be awesome!

Long Island. We have a bunch of gyms here but the talent is dispersed amongst them and most gyms bow down to the high school and youth league seasons. Most of us cannot make the 2+ hour drive to NJ to the big name but would gladly welcome one if it came here.

No hate towards the new uniforms,although I am not a fan of them after seeing them in both pictures and live, but could you explain what the thinking behind these uniforms were? It seems like Panthers and Cheetahs have always had a very clean looking uniform that looks good on almost every athlete and enhances their best features making them look great on the floor. CA has always been very well recognized for their tan skin and abs, so why choose not to embrace that and cover their stomachs with a pale/white? These uniforms are a lot less athletic looking than the previous cheetahs and panthers uniforms. What caused you guys to change your minds about the images of the team? I don't know if I'm making sense here haha so many questions.

Both of those teams have athletes of varying body types & crop tops do not always necessarily flatter every athlete on every team. We were approached by Rebel to design a custom uniform to try out a different direction. These potentially had the look of a crop top, but the more modest covering of a full top. They would also be one of the few uniforms that uses dye-sublimation, bling, and the look of cutouts.

For what it is worth, the reaction to these is very similar to when we first introduced the last uniforms. Many people absolutely hated the dye-sublimation at first.

We have had very good experiences with Rebel thus far. They can make nearly any type of uniform that you want. If you don't like the designs, they can always make you something different and/or more conventional.

I'm not sure what you mean by "teaming up" with a gym.

Back