All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Is it possible for someone to be a "fly-in" at CA?
Yes.
If so, how does it work?
You fly in, practice, then fly out.

(More specifically, you are typically put on a team with other fly-ins and attempts are made to minimize the total number of stunt groups affected by absences of the fly-ins during the weeknight practices. They typically practice only on weekends until the week prior to big competitions, when they may come in more often.)

I can't begin to tell you how proud we were of the athletes on this team for choosing to do this. (All of it was their idea.) That performance and the emotion surrounding it was far bigger than any single competition or trophy. It was, and probably will always be, my all-time greatest experience in cheerleading.
Can I just say this was the most beautiful moment of the entire weekend for me. It literally brought tears to my eyes, and while I was looking forward to watching them perform in finals beforehand, I felt emotionally invested in them after this was made public. Very touching.

Yes.

You fly in, practice, then fly out.

(More specifically, you are typically put on a team with other fly-ins and attempts are made to minimize the total number of stunt groups affected by absences of the fly-ins during the weeknight practices. They typically practice only on weekends until the week prior to big competitions, when they may come in more often.)
What team(s) would you say have the most fly-ins? I'm guessing Wildcats and Ladykatz? And do you only see that with level 5 athletes? I would think so, but I''m just curious.

What team(s) would you say have the most fly-ins? I'm guessing Wildcats and Ladykatz? And do you only see that with level 5 athletes? I would think so, but I''m just curious.
Off the top of my head, I would say Cheetahs, then Panthers. Outside of actually flying, athletes traveled well over an hour each way for all of our Worlds teams.

It is pretty rare for college-aged athletes to fly-in actually. Nearly all of the longer-travel athletes are Level 5.

Off the top of my head, I would say Cheetahs, then Panthers. Outside of actually flying, athletes traveled well over an hour each way for all of our Worlds teams.

It is pretty rare for college-aged athletes to fly-in actually. Nearly all of the longer-travel athletes are Level 5.

sounds a little ridiculous to jump on a plane and fly just to attend a practice or two, the cost just to be on allstars alone is already really high enough, i can only imagine how costly it is, to book a flight every time just for a practice. how many athletes at the top of your head can you think of that actually do this at CA??? just wondering

sounds a little ridiculous to jump on a plane and fly just to attend a practice or two, the cost just to be on allstars alone is already really high enough, i can only imagine how costly it is, to book a flight every time just for a practice. how many athletes at the top of your head can you think of that actually do this at CA??? just wondering
Brandon Wu and his sister fly from Illinois and Matt from Arkansas! Incredible

I can't answer for BlueCat, but I do personally know some fly ins at other gyms. Airlines usually run the same flight schedules weekly so they pick the flight that works best for them and book that one weekly. The people I knew did it on a small airline and signed up for frequent flyer/rewards programs as a way to keep costs down.

It's an added expense but it's definitely doable.

Around 4-5 I think. That is probably typical of most years.

Also if you have a parent that works in the industry you can fly stand by for free, the reservation sales agent will usually tell you what your chances are of getting on a certain flight, then you just put yourself stand by for the same flight each week. It is the one perk I miss from being in the airline industry. When I first met my dh, it was like "Oh hey I feel like going to San Diego this weekend..." BOOM off we went!
But hey I get all the free bandaids I can carry now....

I'm not sure what you mean by "teaming up" with a gym.
ha and by team up with a team I really just mean merge together or take over a gym. Is that what you are doing with the Austin gym or are yall opening something brand new.

We are focused on getting CA Austin up and running at the moment. We don't want to over-extend ourselves too quickly. Once Austin is running full speed, then we may look to expand further.

Do you have suggestions on where we should expand to? (where you think the business could actually work and be successful)

The UK and Europe are crying out for big gyms with the experience, knowledge and equipment to learn from and be a part of. You could set up in the tiniest town over here and still be massively successful and have people driving for hours just to be a part of your gym.

If you don't think it's possible to set up a branch overseas, how about a SuperCAmp? I was all for flying over and attending but it would cost over £2000 in total. I can absolutely guarantee a UK camp would sell out.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

ha and by team up with a team I really just mean merge together or take over a gym. Is that what you are doing with the Austin gym or are yall opening something brand new.
They are opening a brand new gym and the building is owned by a former CA Wildcat :)

I heard Angela and Brad talking on a bus, and it seemed like the intention is to keep Panthers in large senior (obviously assuming they can maintain the same competitiveness they had this year), have you guys discussed this at all? Is this the plan?
Also, was the disappointment in Cheetahs' new uniforms factored into whether they were to be worn on finals or not? I know there were superstitious reasons, but I wondered if the uniforms being disliked (from both fans and, from what I hear, athletes) factored into whether they were going to be worn again?

We are focused on getting CA Austin up and running at the moment. We don't want to over-extend ourselves too quickly. Once Austin is running full speed, then we may look to expand further.

Do you have suggestions on where we should expand to? (where you think the business could actually work and be successful)
The Tampa Bay/Clearwater area!

Back