All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Also if you have a parent that works in the industry you can fly stand by for free, the reservation sales agent will usually tell you what your chances are of getting on a certain flight, then you just put yourself stand by for the same flight each week. It is the one perk I miss from being in the airline industry. When I first met my dh, it was like "Oh hey I feel like going to San Diego this weekend..." BOOM off we went!
But hey I get all the free bandaids I can carry now....
I was just about to say this. I go to school in Arizona, but I live in Illinois. My step dad is a pilot, so I can literally come home (or go anywhere) every weekend if I had the energy for it.

I heard Angela and Brad talking on a bus, and it seemed like the intention is to keep Panthers in large senior (obviously assuming they can maintain the same competitiveness they had this year), have you guys discussed this at all? Is this the plan?
Also, was the disappointment in Cheetahs' new uniforms factored into whether they were to be worn on finals or not? I know there were superstitious reasons, but I wondered if the uniforms being disliked (from both fans and, from what I hear, athletes) factored into whether they were going to be worn again?

We never know what teams we will have until after tryouts. We simply make the best possible teams out of the athletes we have available. I would assume that we would have Panthers as a large senior, but there isn't a way to know that until we see who all tries out.

The athletes and fans actually at the event were pretty evenly mixed on which Cheetah uniform they liked better after seeing it on the floor, and we didn't pay much attention to what people were saying online. So, popular opinion wasn't a strong factor either way. The Panther uniform got mostly positive reviews in person from our staff, other coaches, and the athletes.

I would again point to how many people online harped on how much they hated both previous Cheetah and Panther uniforms when those first came out, but people seeing them in person generally liked them.

We never know what teams we will have until after tryouts. We simply make the best possible teams out of the athletes we have available. I would assume that we would have Panthers as a large senior, but there isn't a way to know that until we see who all tries out.

The athletes and fans actually at the event were pretty evenly mixed on which Cheetah uniform they liked better after seeing it on the floor, and we didn't pay much attention to what people were saying online. So, popular opinion wasn't a strong factor either way. The Panther uniform got mostly positive reviews in person from our staff, other coaches, and the athletes.

I would again point to how many people online harped on how much they hated both previous Cheetah and Panther uniforms when those first came out, but people seeing them in person generally liked them.
I've been trying to tell people that the whole time and nobody listens to me. :p Maybe it's because my hat has a tassel? You're a cat, though, so perhaps they'll listen to you. :D

Brad/Jody/Angela/Joe - whoever runs the account - keep up the amazing class-act program you have. Year after year, I am never disappointed with the amount of tactfulness you all exude and the quality of cheerleading you produce. I think a lot of gyms could learn by your example - I'm sure a lot already do - especially your athletes. I've had a lot of friends cheer on CA level 5/6 teams...and they are some of the greatest athletes I've ever known. Anyways...congrats on your successes this past weekend! :shimmy:

I warmed up to the Panthers uni so much more after I turned around on Sunday morning and saw a Panther girl standing right behind me in it... Very pretty up close. They're definitely different but I do think the concept will take off more than people are thinking it will.

Is it true that Cheer Athletics funds airplane tickets for those athletes on the Worlds teams who live outside of Texas/Dallas?

Being honest....I've alway had a lot of respect for the CA Program, but wouldn't have ever really had a preference certain teams. When I think, my favorite team in ____division is ____. Cheer Athletics has never been on top of mind.

That being said, after Worlds this past weekend I LOVE the Panthers!! Seriously, the music = so exciting. Uniforms = a little ice dancer-ish, but actually quite appealing form a distance (which is how they are meant to be viewed during performances), that dance = AMAZING.

My new favorite team in Large Senior is Panthers. Please stay Large Senior!

I would just like to say that I was so impressed with cheetahs sportsmanship! Nowadays if teams don't win, you'll see them sobbing, bitter and often defensive. It was so nice to see them so happy after placing second, especially being reigning world champions. Cheetahs seemed so happy and blessed to be at worlds, and place so well. Thank you to cheetahs for reminding everyone that second place is an HONOR, not a bad thing

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

This has already been answered! They encourage healthy eating but in no way were connected to the "cheer athletics worlds diet" and were extremely upset when they saw that

Oh, I'm sorry! I've been on my phone and it takes quite a while to read through 50 pages, but okay. I had heard they did and didn't, so it's nice to know a direct answer now. I did notice that the "CA Worlds Diet" that was made was quite unhealthy too.

Oh, I'm sorry! I've been on my phone and it takes quite a while to read through 50 pages, but okay. I had heard they did and didn't, so it's nice to know a direct answer now. I did notice that the "CA Worlds Diet" that was made was quite unhealthy too.

Sorry I didn't mean for it to come off rude at all! I definitely don't blame you for not wanting to read through 50 pages haha :) yes it was extremely unhealthy and shocking, which is why CA was so upset about it I think! Really glad that diet wasn't real though

Back