All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If you guys wanted could you have kept swooshcats instead of bringing back fiercecats?

I suppose. However, the international division made more sense with the athletes we had at tryouts. FierceKatz was the name we had used with the IO5 division previously.

@BlueCat I have several questions regarding growth/teams.

1. Will you put a cap on the amount of world teams (as well as lower levels) at all 4 locations? Since there is only 10 worlds divisions and most of your worlds teams come out of Plano. Or will you be willing to put two teams in the same division?

2. How will your program handle this in the future? Assuming Charlotte will grow as years pass. What will happen if (say going based off talent coming in before team decisions) if CA Charlotte has a lot of talent coming in that's leaning towards a competitive large Coed and Plano has the same thing?

3. Do you want your other Texas locations (Austin/Frisco) to get as big as Plano or will you keep them small? I'm only assuming that these two are small/ar. I don't know too much about those locations

@BlueCat I have several questions regarding growth/teams.

1. Will you put a cap on the amount of world teams (as well as lower levels) at all 4 locations? Since there is only 10 worlds divisions and most of your worlds teams come out of Plano. Or will you be willing to put two teams in the same division?

2. How will your program handle this in the future? Assuming Charlotte will grow as years pass. What will happen if (say going based off talent coming in before team decisions) if CA Charlotte has a lot of talent coming in that's leaning towards a competitive large Coed and Plano has the same thing?

3. Do you want your other Texas locations (Austin/Frisco) to get as big as Plano or will you keep them small? I'm only assuming that these two are small/ar. I don't know too much about those locations

1. There is no cap on teams at any level. Competing against our teams isn't ideal, but each gym functions independently and sets up their teams/divisions in a way that benefits them.

2. Again, CA Charlotte will have whatever set of teams/divisions is best for CA Charlotte. Plano/Austin/Frisco don't have "dibs" on any particular division.

3. We have been thrilled with the growth so far in each location and assuming we can keep the quality high, we would love for each gym to keep growing. Austin and Charlotte are both well over 200 regular all star athletes so far. Frisco is just under 100, but their class program is booming.

1. There is no cap on teams at any level. Competing against our teams isn't ideal, but each gym functions independently and sets up their teams/divisions in a way that benefits them.

2. Again, CA Charlotte will have whatever set of teams/divisions is best for CA Charlotte. Plano/Austin/Frisco don't have "dibs" on any particular division.

3. We have been thrilled with the growth so far in each location and assuming we can keep the quality high, we would love for each gym to keep growing. Austin and Charlotte are both well over 200 regular all star athletes so far. Frisco is just under 100, but their class program is booming.
Thank you for answering. I always wondered how gym handled that with many locations. Oh yes I never meant that Plano had Dibs on certain divisions. I was curious how that would be handled.

*Based off of the previous posts above*
I figured CA Charlotte would kind of be in 'their own world' considering they're on the opposite side of the country..
What I mean by that is that yes, I could see Cheer Athletics having some reservations about having same level teams from the Plano/Austin/Frisco locations..

However, I would think it wouldn't matter for the Charlotte location since they won't be competing against the other locations (aside from large competitions like NCA/Worlds/Summit).

My main point being, I thought CA Charlotte wouldn't really have any reservations for teams over there as if it acts as its 'own individual gym' considering its in no real proximity to the other locations. And that a 4th location in say Houston instead of Charlotte, that might be different

The post above mine got me thinking (actual question, not me just making a joke because I live there), why is there no CA Houston? The city's economy is booming and the population is huge so I would have thought that CA would have put a gym there long before moving out of state.

*Based off of the previous posts above*
I figured CA Charlotte would kind of be in 'their own world' considering they're on the opposite side of the country..
What I mean by that is that yes, I could see Cheer Athletics having some reservations about having same level teams from the Plano/Austin/Frisco locations..

However, I would think it wouldn't matter for the Charlotte location since they won't be competing against the other locations (aside from large competitions like NCA/Worlds/Summit).

My main point being, I thought CA Charlotte wouldn't really have any reservations for teams over there as if it acts as its 'own individual gym' considering its in no real proximity to the other locations. And that a 4th location in say Houston instead of Charlotte, that might be different
okay yes this all makes sense. I was thinking though when I first posted my questions that it would be the opposite since Charlotte is quite a distance from Texas. And even though Charlotte is like you said "individual gym" it's still a part of CA. And yes I was thinking more of them competing against each other at those big comps.

What do you attribute the seemingly immediate success of your new gyms to? Especially Charlotte, since didnt already have a presence in the general vicinity. did you advertise and market locally or were you able to just pull in that many existing allstars based off the brand? Do you have a lot of new to allstar kids there that you were able to reach somehow?

The post above mine got me thinking (actual question, not me just making a joke because I live there), why is there no CA Houston? The city's economy is booming and the population is huge so I would have thought that CA would have put a gym there long before moving out of state.

We do not have unlimited resources (coaches, money, etc.) so we have to pick our potential expansion locations carefully. Houston has obviously been in strong consideration because of its size, economy, and proximity to our other facilities.

Opening an expansion facility close to an existing CA gym has positives and negatives. Positives: You do save some on travel costs. (getting staff to training events in Plano, sending staff to expansion gyms to help set up, etc.), but that is really a small percentage of the overall expenses. You probably have a bit more brand recognition among the all star industry in the area. Negatives: You are forced to compete against yourself at more events. You "cannibalize" some of your own customers. You run the risk of doing too much damage to the local cheer-economy. (We are NOT trying to run everyone else out of business.)

What do you attribute the seemingly immediate success of your new gyms to? Especially Charlotte, since didnt already have a presence in the general vicinity. did you advertise and market locally or were you able to just pull in that many existing allstars based off the brand? Do you have a lot of new to allstar kids there that you were able to reach somehow?

We thought (and still believe) that our main growth in Charlotte will happen in year 2 or 3, after we have established ourselves in the area. Having nearly 250 athletes try out for teams after only a few weeks notice is surprising, even to us.

I believe that it is a result of combination of things. We tried to promote it through social media, but got a late start and didn't do as good a job of that as we would have liked. We did have a local news story about us, but I don't know how many people even saw that. I believe them main reason was that there were many athletes who were, for various reasons, not happy with their current options. Quite a few had previously decided to leave the sport entirely.

With as big of a turn out you had in Charlotte, are you expecting to be able to field a level 5 team within the first year of opening your doors?

Back