All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm curious how the 1 or 2 alternates are handled. There were injuries last year on panthers at worlds, was there no alternates to step in or was it decided that they could still compete with the injuries. Do alternates not compete at all or are they temporarily moved to other teams till they are needed?

I'm curious how the 1 or 2 alternates are handled. There were injuries last year on panthers at worlds, was there no alternates to step in or was it decided that they could still compete with the injuries. Do alternates not compete at all or are they temporarily moved to other teams till they are needed?

All of that is case-by-case.

Okay so I know you would have to see an athlete & it's up to the coaches, and placement spots etc. But If an athlete had a full and working combo to full, jumps to back tuck, and was a good stunter, & was working on tumbling standing passes to full what level would that typically be?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

This is from the tryout packet 2013:

Level 1 – jump connected backward roll, bridge kick over, back walkover, front walkover, cartwheel, round off. (All of these skills should have straight legs and pointed toes with a strong land/stand).

*A bonus skill for Level 1 could be a standing back handspring with average to low technique.

Level 2 – standing back handspring, back walkover back handspring, round off series of back handsprings (3 or more), front walkover or back handspring step out specialty pass to series of back handsprings. (All of these skills should have legs squeezed together, straight legs, and pointed toes with a strong land/stand).

*A bonus skill for Level 2 would be a strong standing two back handsprings with average to low technique.

Level 3 – multiple jump combo to jump series of standing back handsprings, standing series of back handsprings (3 or more), round off back handspring back tuck, punch front, specialty running pass of front walkover, back handspring step- out, or punch front pause to round off series of back handsprings to back tuck. (All of these skills should have straight legs, pointed toes, and legs together on back handsprings. The back tucks should have tall sets and then tight tucks with a strong land-stand).

*Bonus skills for Level 3 would be standing back tuck, standing series of back handsprings to back tuck, or round off back handspring layout with average to low technique

Level 4 – multiple standing back tucks, multiple whip jumps to back handspring back tuck, standing one handspring to layout and/or back handspring tuck/whip to two back handsprings to layout, round off back handspring layout, level appropriate specialty pass of punch front, whip, or bounding whips to round off back handspring layout. (All of these skills should have straight legs, pointed toes, and legs together. The layouts should have tall sets, pull into a straight body (hollow position hold for the entire flip), and then a strong land/stand).

*Bonus skills for Level 4 would be multiple jump combination to back tuck and round off back handspring full with average to low technique.

Level 5 Restricted – multiple (4+) combo jump to back tuck, standing two back handsprings to full, round off back handspring full, level appropriate specialty pass to round off back handspring full. (All of these skills should have straight legs, pointed toes, and legs together. The full should have a tall set, strong hollow body position, tight twist, and a strong land/stand).

*The bonus skills for Level 5 Restricted would be having some of the true Level 5 skills listed below but not having all of them.

Level 5 – multiple combo (4+) jump to back tuck, multiple jump combo to two back handsprings to full, standing one back handspring to full, round off back
handspring double full, level appropriate specialty pass to full/double. (All of these skills should have straight legs, pointed toes, and legs together. The full/double should have a tall set, strong hollow body position, tight twist, and a strong land/stand).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some specific examples of how an athlete can or can not make a certain Level:

Example A – Suzy has strong technique on standing 3 back handsprings, she has an excellent round-off back handspring back tuck, and a strong specialty pass with front walkover to series of back handsprings to back tuck.

Suzy is an excellent candidate for a very strong Level 3 team this year.

Example B – Sally was on level 3 last year with the hopes of going to level
4. She was a very strong level 3 athlete this year and has all the necessary requirements to make level 3 again. She also has a round-off back handspring layout with average technique, a solid standing back tuck, a jump combination to back handspring back tuck with weak technique, and no specialty pass to layout, and no standing 2 to layout.

Sally would not be a good candidate for Level 4 at tryouts this season because she doesn’t have the entire skill set for Level 4 and she doesn’t have strong to excellent technique on the Level 4 skills she does have.

Example C – Debby competed Level 5 last year and is trying out with the jump combo to back tuck and a round off back handspring full. She doesn’t have any of the other skills required for Level 5 so she probably won’t be a great candidate for a Level 5 team this year and may struggle making a restricted Level 5 team.

Please know we always make the best decisions for each athlete and team. We genuinely care about the athletes at Cheer Athletics and want to provide each person with the best chance for success and for a fun year. Good luck at tryouts! We are going to make this next season our best ever!!

Feel free to contact one of your current team coach if you have any questions. If you need further assistance after speaking with a team coach, please refer to your Level Director.

Thanks,

Cheer Athletics Staff

Do you guys ever have coaches come in from other gyms to observe your coaching style?
A few times - it really depends on the time of year and what the teams are working on. Our camp program is talking about adding in some coach education elements for future camps - those may include some hands-on type of training and working together with our current team coaches.

Okay so I know you would have to see an athlete & it's up to the coaches, and placement spots etc. But If an athlete had a full and working combo to full, jumps to back tuck, and was a good stunter, & was working on tumbling standing passes to full what level would that typically be?

We would have to see all of that in person and it's up to coaches, what is available, and who else is trying out. (Also, someone saying they "have" or are "working on" a particular skill can mean different things to different people.) More often than not, however, someone with that skill set would be a 4.

i saw another girl ask these one time, and lost the page. But i see people using the 'CA logo' every where. so my question is it copy right/ illegal if someone was to make a bow or shirt with the logo on it and not be buying it directly from CA pro shop or re-sales?

i saw another girl ask these one time, and lost the page. But i see people using the 'CA logo' every where. so my question is it copy right/ illegal if someone was to make a bow or shirt with the logo on it and not be buying it directly from CA pro shop or re-sales?

I may be wrong but to my knowledge, if they make a bow or whatnot with a CA logo on it and then make a profit off of it without the permissions from CA to use it, they would be violating copyright laws. But it's up to CA if they want to go after them for it. They can send them a cease and desist letter from their lawyers if they want and then take them to court if they ignore the letter but most times it's not worth the hassle.

But of course I'd like I hear what BlueCat says.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

If it is involved in any way with selling , advertising, or trading a service or product, then yes - that is illegal to do without permission. PLEASE let us know if you see someone using it in a way that you don't think is approved. We have worked hard for 20 years to create value in that federally registered trademark.

Back