All-Star Cheer Bruises

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

last night my flyer peeled out on my arm and punched my husband in the nose/lips haha good times

we do a release in our pyramid thats a ball up to a lib. Sometimes my flyer comes down right on my face because she stays tucked too long, and im coming out of every practice with a cut up mouth and fat lip.

I get a lot of bruises on my biceps from elbows. Then I'll get super random ones like my current one on my hip... no clue how I got it.
Though I have given a few bruises to my flyers from gripping their ankles and catching/tossing their waists... Oops.

The first year i was in allstar cheer my mom actually sat me down and asked if my boyfriend at the time was hitting me... i had brusies all up my arms and a fat lip from basket tosses.. lol she honestly thought he was abusing me... i was like "nope..he doesnt touch me.. but my flier.. she could be a little nicer when i drop her ;)" LOL

When I cheered all my bruises were on my bicep facing forward. All from catching because I was a backspot.

I get shoe scrapes down my forearms all the time. Its from that little sharp part on the sides on nfinity evolutions, and I constantly have huge scratches.

You cant really see it all that well in the picture but it was baaaaad. The whole lower half of my arm was black and so swollen that i couldnt wear a sweater. Its from when my stunt was falling and instead of catching me my base steps away. Lucky my elbow didnt break!
189013_10150091607975981_2071474_n.jpg

Cp had shoe burn on her neck and collarbone area from the same flyer all last season. One of her teachers called her aside and asked if she had a hickey of all things on her neck. When I heard that my head almost exploded because cp was 11 at the time. I would have preferred if the teacher asked her if her parents hit her than to ask her about a hickey.

I always get really dark elbow shaped bruises on my arms from catching. One of my teachers asked if i got nailed with a lacrosse ball :confused:

I always have a red mark/scratch thing from baskets, my flyer's thumb digs into my neck EVERY TIME. and everyone's like "do you have a hickey?" I'm like, "No, it's from Kayla...." hahaha
But one time I gave my flyer a bruise b/c we were doing a braced front flip, but the bracing group on my side was too close and pulled her toward them.... I couldn't step back b/c I would be in their group, so she came down on my face really hard. Like her entire body... on my face.... It hurt, but I didn't have a bruise... just a scrape/rug burn thing on my nose/the area between it and your mouth... however, she had a huge bruise on her butt! hahaha it was the funniest thing

When my daughter was learning a front tuck she some how managed to slam her face into her knee. She got a black eye...the kind you would see in a cartoon, it was bad. DYFS investigated and questioned her at school and questioned the gym. I guess I was glad that someone wanted to follow through on a 7 year old with a black eye but at the time I was humiliated.

When my daughter was learning a front tuck she some how managed to slam her face into her knee. She got a black eye...the kind you would see in a cartoon, it was bad. DYFS investigated and questioned her at school and questioned the gym. I guess I was glad that someone wanted to follow through on a 7 year old with a black eye but at the time I was humiliated.

We were doing a front flip stunt and the flyer kneed herself in the face and gave herself a really bad concussion, she was out for like 3 weeks! It was sad but kind of hilarious that that would be the way she got a concussion...

We were doing a front flip stunt and the flyer kneed herself in the face and gave herself a really bad concussion, she was out for like 3 weeks! It was sad but kind of hilarious that that would be the way she got a concussion...

I kneed myself in the face overrotating a double back on tumbl trak once. I busted my ear drum, cracked a tooth, chipped my kneecap, and knocked my hips and spine out of alignment...:confused:
I didn't think anything of it. I actually stood up to try again because I thought I just knocked the wind out of myself. and then my coach told me my ear was bleeding and she was going to call my mom.....

Back