All-Star Cheer Camp

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

mommadonna - there really isn't much to do AT ALL in that area. Like what a few other people have mentioned--State College (Penn State) is close...but there really isn't much to do there either--it's a college campus in the middle of nowhere. Lewisburg is about the same distance in the other direction, and that's where Bucknell University is...The only real idea I could give you for something to do is to go look at colleges if you have any CPs in that age--PSU and Bucknell are two of PA's best. Lewisburg is a nice, quiet town that you could make a "get-away" for you and DH...but Bucknell makes up most of that town...so when college isn't in session, it's pretty dead. I've been half living in the Lewisburg area for the past six months--if you're really interested, PM me, or add me on facebook and I can try to give you more ideas!

Sorry for the double post, but...

mommadonna - there is also a lake (Lake Raystown) about an hour and a half away from Woodward--my family has a house there and has been going to the Lake since 1975. It's gorgeous, and if you like outdoor-sy stuff, they have lodges and cabins on the lake, boat/jet ski rentals, beaches and other nature-y things to do for a week!

Does anyone have any experience working with Woodward? For those on the east coast Edge Cheer and Dance has a great individual program. I would recommend cutting edge to fellow all-star cheerleaders. Its at the NC State campus, and moderately priced.

My 7yo CP will definitely be there week 7, possibly week 8. I applied to work.. Their choice if with the horses or as camp mom. :) anyone else going or sending a CP that week?

Does anyone have any experience working with Woodward? For those on the east coast Edge Cheer and Dance has a great individual program. I would recommend cutting edge to fellow all-star cheerleaders. Its at the NC State campus, and moderately priced.
I went to edge this summer and I loved it! It was the best cheer camp I've went to,I got lots of one on one time.

Oh cool! Your gym has kids go the same week! That's neat. I know that the gymnastics program in our gym does that, but I'm not aware of the cheer program getting together to go. I think they just get together on their own. Babydonna is probably going to go with 3 or 4 of her friends from her team.
The ironic thing is that my two cps (well one is ex-cp now) always went the same week as cp's current gym which we just joined this season. Two summers ago she happened to be in the same cabin as them, so when she started taking a tumbling class at their gym during last season she already felt comfortable there. When we made the switch, it was a relatively easy transition especially given that most of her current team had already been together for 6 years. She wasn't able to go the same week as them last summer but this will be the first summer she goes with them as part of their gym.

mommadonna - there really isn't much to do AT ALL in that area. Like what a few other people have mentioned--State College (Penn State) is close...but there really isn't much to do there either--it's a college campus in the middle of nowhere. Lewisburg is about the same distance in the other direction, and that's where Bucknell University is...The only real idea I could give you for something to do is to go look at colleges if you have any CPs in that age--PSU and Bucknell are two of PA's best. Lewisburg is a nice, quiet town that you could make a "get-away" for you and DH...but Bucknell makes up most of that town...so when college isn't in session, it's pretty dead. I've been half living in the Lewisburg area for the past six months--if you're really interested, PM me, or add me on facebook and I can try to give you more ideas!
Thanks!

I think it would be really fun to stay there and work, but I'm wondering if we'd get much recreational time or use of the facilities too. Has anyone worked there before? Any advice on that?

Ask notimeforthat, she was cp's cabin mom several years back :)
wouldn't do it again!! had 1 in the cabin in pull ups and had to get 12 girls under age 10 to do chores! if anything canteen mom is the way to go... never be a driver those poor women were up 24 hrs with kids at the hospital which was pretty far away. especially at night when the skater boys concussion symptoms came on full force!

wouldn't do it again!! had 1 in the cabin in pull ups and had to get 12 girls under age 10 to do chores! if anything canteen mom is the way to go... never be a driver those poor women were up 24 hrs with kids at the hospital which was pretty far away. especially at night when the skater boys concussion symptoms came on full force!

Well you just totally pooped on my party! I was all happy, lol. Maybe I should rethink this whole thing lol!

Latest posts

Back