All-Star Cheer Camp

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Well you just totally pooped on my party! I was all happy, lol. Maybe I should rethink this whole thing lol!

Ahhh! well you may just love it... the horses are nice... I think you have to take groups to sleep in a teepee overnight ... not my cup of tea but if you are a Girl Scout leader kinda mom you may really like it! Some moms go every year.
cabin moms do have a lot of down time and there's nothing to do but follow cp around from a distance and its pretty boring. the only thing they let you do is go on a horse ride (if there is room) and ride the go karts once I think!
CPs seem to love it, and if you are riding all the way there and have a week to never get back it may be for you! I'm sure there are other moms on here that have been. I'm a bit of an ornery mom lol!!

I absolutely love Woodward PA. I first went in 2010 for a week (I was 14), as well as 2011. This past summer I was signed up to go for two weeks but broke my hand tumbling at school tryouts. I'm so upset I didn't get to go for my last summer before I graduate.

I definitely recommend Woodward for everyone! The first year I went I didn't even have a back handspring but my second year I had a tuck and was able to move up in the groups. It was such a fun experience and I still talk to some of the girls in my cabin the first year.

As for parents needing something to do for a week..you don't necessarily need to stay right near Woodward. Pittsburgh, Philly and even NYC wouldn't be out of the question since there would be more to do in those cities for a week!

BlueCat Age for CA camp says 4+ is there a max age?
Also, if older campers are allowed, is there a big turn out for the older teen age division or is it mostly younger kids that go?

I worked last summer at Woodward as a canteen mom. If you do don't expect to have a ton of down time to enjoy much. They gave us a split schedule so I would work about 3 hours then go back later and work another 3. We worked a good amount of hours. It was always busy in there but it wasn't hard work. I enjoyed getting to know the kids who came in and by the end of the week I knew what a lot of them ordered without them having to even ask. It was nice to have the discount on merchandise too. I would do it again. I met other parents who worked as cabin moms/dads and drivers. I know the drivers worked crazy hours. I stayed in the mini cabin because it wasn't full that wk and my daughter was a mini. We had a driver mom in there and the very first night she got called out at bedtime and was at the hospital all night with a boy who broke his wrist. If I had to pick from the 3 I would pick cabin mom although they do a lot too. The cabin mom in my cps cabin did not connect well with the girls ( she was a mom of a boy who was a bmx biker) so I ended up doing double duty anyway.

I worked the World Cup Camp this past summer and it is awesome! Best coaching staff I've ever seen at one place! All levels worked hard, improved and had a blast!

Will you be doing this again this summer, and do you know when World Cup will release their summer camp schedules? I can't believe it's January and we are already planning for summer camp!! :eek:

BlueCat Age for CA camp says 4+ is there a max age?
Also, if older campers are allowed, is there a big turn out for the older teen age division or is it mostly younger kids that go?
It is a pretty wide variety. We try to split the groups up if it gets large and keep kids with similar ages together. There are lots of "older" athletes like you describe.

It is a pretty wide variety. We try to split the groups up if it gets large and keep kids with similar ages together. There are lots of "older" athletes like you describe.
I'm 18 and i'd be coming from canada (i'll be JUST 19 for the first camp session) too old? :/

I worked last summer at Woodward as a canteen mom. If you do don't expect to have a ton of down time to enjoy much. They gave us a split schedule so I would work about 3 hours then go back later and work another 3. We worked a good amount of hours. It was always busy in there but it wasn't hard work. I enjoyed getting to know the kids who came in and by the end of the week I knew what a lot of them ordered without them having to even ask. It was nice to have the discount on merchandise too. I would do it again. I met other parents who worked as cabin moms/dads and drivers. I know the drivers worked crazy hours. I stayed in the mini cabin because it wasn't full that wk and my daughter was a mini. We had a driver mom in there and the very first night she got called out at bedtime and was at the hospital all night with a boy who broke his wrist. If I had to pick from the 3 I would pick cabin mom although they do a lot too. The cabin mom in my cps cabin did not connect well with the girls ( she was a mom of a boy who was a bmx biker) so I ended up doing double duty anyway.
So about how many strawberry juleps did you have to make on average per day? Cp knows the drill. She is allowed ONE per day. Although now that they have that darn coffee bar her money still disappears quickly.

Thanks! We thought about signing up for camp jobs that week, but are still looking for more info. Is it fun? Is there opportunity for recreational time? Since this is our vacation too, we want it to be a great time for us as well. I'm also wondering if both parents of one child work, could the child get both credits? Hmm...

Some jobs do not allow for much off time - like being a cabin parent. Working at the shop can be tiring. The best job is definitely being a driver. You have scheduled drive times at the beginning and end of the week and are on call during specific hours in the middle of the week. It might be difficult coordinating your on call times but if I remember correctly there is always more than one person on call at the same time.

As parent staff you also can do the ropes course, go horesback riding, design and print a graphic onto a tshirt ... the things that campers have the option of doing. My major complaint was too much down time. But I didn't have a car of my own or someone with me. I'm not sure that it would be a vacation, but very interesting to see what Woodward is!

So about how many strawberry juleps did you have to make on average per day? Cp knows the drill. She is allowed ONE per day. Although now that they have that darn coffee bar her money still disappears quickly.
Too many to count lol. It stayed busy in there. What cracked me up was the skate boarders who would come in and fill their helmets to the top with candy. Bet their moms were thrilled at the end of the week when they saw their statements.

I was searching summer camps and came across:
Cheer Camp at USGTC in 2013

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Does anyone know anything about the Lake Tahoe Woodward? The Pennsylvania one is SO expensive to get there, it would cost $1200 for travel and only $1000 for the camp! So my mom wants me to look at the Lake Tahoe one, which is much cheaper. Has anyone been? I only ever hear about the Pennsylvania one.

Babydonna is going with three of her team peeps this summer! Week 7! She is so excited, and I'm pumped for her to have the opportunity! She has her layout and just got her standing tuck, so I'm hoping by the time she goes to camp she can work on her full. No pressure there, though. I'm sure that whatever she works on will help her get stronger either way. The camp looks like so much fun, and I know she's going to make lots of friends. I'm hoping it will be the highlight of her summer! (...and Daddydonna and I will have some down time together...aaahhhh...)

Latest posts

Back