All-Star Cheer Companies Affiliated With/owning Gyms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Cheer Evolution in Canada is owned by Doug Martin of UCC, Chris Hollingsworth and Frank Vurro of Cheer force, and also formerly Andy Ceccini of Supercheer.

i agree with you, in theory. in the olden days when varsity didn't own everything it wasn't too difficult to avoid most, if not all varsity events in a season. now, with varsity owning nearly everything, in order to see real competition or go to a bigger nationals 80-90% of choices are a varsity brand.

while morally varsity should say "hey we own this gym, so to be fair, you can't compete here" that would ruin the monopoly they have on things, and take away some of their profit (because it doesn't look like they're waiving comp fees for their gyms either.)

and a small part of me thinks it's okay that they compete there... because it's not like the owner of varsity is in the actual gym coaching kids. they are sitting back in their offices collecting profit from those kids, but i don't see varsity sending in the best choreographers/music producers/tumbling coaches to make sure their gyms win. (or maybe they do and i'm wrong. it happens :p )
I hear ya, I'm not against gyms and kids competing at the highest level. Maybe Varsity should just stick to competitions and not to gyms?

I know that at one point it was the owners of Cheerforce (Chris and Frank), PCT (Nat) and UCC (Doug) all owned and started it together. I know a lot of things have been changed over the past year and I'm not sure if this is entirely true anymore. However, I do know for a fact that Frank and possibly still Chris are still involved in Cheer Evolution.

Yeah I know Frank and Chris are still involved, just didn't know if the other owners still had a part in it.

Xtreme Spirit and Twisters Elite used to be affiliated. As far as I know that is no longer the case.

I am pretty sure they are still affiliated. I work with another cheer mom who has a CP at Twisters Elite, and she swears up and down that the owner also owns Xtreme Spirit.

I am pretty sure they are still affiliated. I work with another cheer mom who has a CP at Twisters Elite, and she swears up and down that the owner also owns Xtreme Spirit.
Yeah, I wouldn't exactly be surprised if the owner of Xtreme Spirit is still involved with Twisters. As far as I know there is some superficial separation (i.e. the Xtreme Spirit owner and his wife no longer coach teams at Twisters, etc.). Not to call anyone out, but I happened to overhear a main Xtreme Spirit staff member telling the coach of a Twisters team how they scored/what to improve for the next day at an Xtreme Spirit competition while I was sitting behind them in the stands. Even if there is no official affiliation, there are certainly still some ties.

I will leave with one final comment: the Twisters Elite website and the Xtreme Spirit website look remarkably similar.

How did I miss that one?!
I always thought it was pretty well known. Louisville/GT always exhibitions at a SS comp at the beginning of the season. I have seen James working at Northeast Knockout practically every season I cheered. Heck, he's even on the Spirit Sports facebook!

Well we went to varsity events a because let's be honest it's hard to not when so many are owned by varsity but we never got any kind of break. Even back when there was a premier championships our teams never walked away with a clean sweep. If anything we went to a varsity competition and place lower than they would like us to and then some branch of varsity people start assessing the gym and coaches so no breaks there.

ETA: of course that's just my experience with my gym not everyone's.

True but every team that attended was a Premier gym or Varsity gym so it kinda defeated the purpose.

I do know, when I was with a Premier gym as a coach for 8yrs. We had to fight them to be able to go to a Jamfest Comp or Supernationals and even though it was our Parents and Athletes favorite comp we weren't aloud to attend but one year.. I also found it odd that they stopped allowing us Custom Uniforms.. we were only aloud to purchase out of book uniforms.. needless to say we (the staff) were always fighting to get what fit best for our program and our area. There were times that everything went smoothly though.

I feel like Sharks was handled and run differently being the original Premier Gym and at the time most the staff worked within Varsity in some way.

We've always been Premier Sharks so i suppose we've always been a Premier gym. I think Premier hasn't always been owned by Varsity. then again, i could be wrong.

It hasn't always been Premier.. it has always been Sharks though.. it was KGTC before Premier... Boog (SP) Potter, Cole and a couple others came up with the Concept of "Premier" in College as a project and then ran with it.. after a little time they sold it Varsity. It was a lot like the "United" concept but with a better business plan. (Ived worked at both) There are a handful of other gyms that aren't named Premier but paychecks come from Varsity.

Back