All-Star Cheer Companies Affiliated With/owning Gyms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yeah, I wouldn't exactly be surprised if the owner of Xtreme Spirit is still involved with Twisters. As far as I know there is some superficial separation (i.e. the Xtreme Spirit owner and his wife no longer coach teams at Twisters, etc.). Not to call anyone out, but I happened to overhear a main Xtreme Spirit staff member telling the coach of a Twisters team how they scored/what to improve for the next day at an Xtreme Spirit competition while I was sitting behind them in the stands. Even if there is no official affiliation, there are certainly still some ties.

I will leave with one final comment: the Twisters Elite website and the Xtreme Spirit website look remarkably similar.

My CP cheers for LZE. Our coach last year had a sister and her mom on the judging panel at Xtreme Spirit. I still don't quite understand how that was permitted. I always thought it would be considered conflict of interest.

My CP cheers for LZE. Our coach last year had a sister and her mom on the judging panel at Xtreme Spirit. I still don't quite understand how that was permitted. I always thought it would be considered conflict of interest.
I know exactly who you mean! And yes, I agree, I don't understand how that is permitted. Hopefully no unfair advantages were given so when your CP's team did well, your CP really felt like she deserved the win!

It hasn't always been Premier.. it has always been Sharks though.. it was KGTC before Premier... Boog (SP) Potter, Cole and a couple others came up with the Concept of "Premier" in College as a project and then ran with it.. after a little time they sold it Varsity. It was a lot like the "United" concept but with a better business plan. (Ived worked at both) There are a handful of other gyms that aren't named Premier but paychecks come from Varsity.
I remember a time (and this is my little 9 year old brain trying to remember this) when there was talk of dropping the premier and becoming sharks allstars. I'm pretty sure I even have a shirt that says that on it. I have no idea why that happened but it only lasted a few months and we were premier again. Prob because a lot of our coaches ate varsity employees now. I don't know the complete and full history but I now a lot of it because I've been there for so long. I actually cheered under cole and kristie for several years before they moved up in the world so this is interesting to know about how they started it all.

I remember a time (and this is my little 9 year old brain trying to remember this) when there was talk of dropping the premier and becoming sharks allstars. I'm pretty sure I even have a shirt that says that on it. I have no idea why that happened but it only lasted a few months and we were premier again. Prob because a lot of our coaches ate varsity employees now. I don't know the complete and full history but I now a lot of it because I've been there for so long. I actually cheered under cole and kristie for several years before they moved up in the world so this is interesting to know about how they started it all.

Yes lol I have shirts that read Premier All-Stars, then went under Tennessee All-Stars ( to attempt to remove our association with Varisty ) and then we finally ended with Premier TN AllStars before ACE came in..

I have to shower every time I hear something about Xtreme Spirit. All the stories remind of the traveling carnival games that look just inviting enough to entice the innocent......

It hasn't always been Premier.. it has always been Sharks though.. it was KGTC before Premier... Boog (SP) Potter, Cole and a couple others came up with the Concept of "Premier" in College as a project and then ran with it.. after a little time they sold it Varsity. It was a lot like the "United" concept but with a better business plan. (Ived worked at both) There are a handful of other gyms that aren't named Premier but paychecks come from Varsity.

Does anyone else think that this information should be disclosed publicly? If I am going to a Varsity-run event and I have to compete against Varsity-owned teams, should that not be posted somewhere? If they don't believe this to be a conflict of interest, then surely they wouldn't mind making their gym affiliations public.

Can we start a list of gyms that are either directly owned by Varsity or their owners are Varsity employees under contract?

Direct Ownership:
Premier
Kentucky Elite

Owner(s) are Varsity Employee / Contract / Other
Stingrays
Rockstar

Unsure:
ACE ?
Charlotte ?
GymTyme ?

Does anyone else think that this information should be disclosed publicly? If I am going to a Varsity-run event and I have to compete against Varsity-owned teams, should that not be posted somewhere? If they don't believe this to be a conflict of interest, then surely they wouldn't mind making their gym affiliations public.

Can we start a list of gyms that are either directly owned by Varsity or their owners are Varsity employees under contract?

Direct Ownership:
Premier
Kentucky Elite

Stingrays
Rockstar

Unsure:
ACE ?
Charlotte ?
GymTyme ?

Would this include Varsity sales reps and camp staff?

Direct Ownership:
Premier
Kentucky Elite

Stingrays
Rockstar

Unsure:
ACE ?
Charlotte ?
GymTyme ?

The ACE locations in Tennessee are Premier gyms with the All Star program managed by ACE.

BlueCat In the above article it stated Rockstar sold WSF to Varsity. Do you mind sharing how Rockstar and Stingrays are affiliated with Varsity under the Employee/Contract/Other category?

The ACE locations in Tennessee are Premier gyms with the All Star program managed by ACE.
The new ACE of Panama City is also Premier, as far as I know those are the only 3 ACE's that are also Premier's. However even though the gym goes by ACE the staff is still on varsity payroll and varsity employees.

BlueCat In the above article it stated Rockstar sold WSF to Varsity. Do you mind sharing how Rockstar and Stingrays are affiliated with Varsity under the Employee/Contract/Other category?

I'm not BlueCat (insert sad face here) but Scott is still affiliated with Varsity through Cheerlebrity. After selling WSF, Scott started the Cheerlebrity competitions which are Varsity events, and also still owns Rockstar. If that is wrong, he can clarify (RockstarCheer), but that is my knowledge.

Back