Cheer Curls!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i hated wearing the fake hair it was unfomfortable and annoying to wear mines long gone of course it wont match my color anymore lol

i like big curls half-up half down with a BIG bow and pouf, kinda hard to do with my hair but i still love that look :cool:

my favourite style is halfup half down but i still love the curls. ihave short hair so sometimes a curl piece to make it look longer is nice 4 a change

I was on a team that used them and they look good new but once you used them for a while they looked horrible and stretched out. They also caused major headaches! Not to mention the zillions of bobbie pins it took to hide strings and keep it tight.

They look fake, and when they fall out, it looks like a rat lying on the floor :eek:

Amen! Watching a girl tumble out of it is just tragic. You can't stop looking at it as it flies through the air like a furry bird. It's like the 37th member of the team. And she sucks.

I don't see how anybody can wear their hair half up and half down during a competition! Maybe its just because I have the longest hair ever, but if ALL of my hair isnt in a high pony tail I am considered a danger to everyone around me. Heck, even with it up its a weapon. But how does having hair down in a routine not drive everyone insane?

i love when teams have curled hair i think it looks soooo pretty! my one problem is when everyone`s curls look different. that happened to my team this year and it looked a little funny.
i absolutely HATE fake hair! unless you do it perfect you can always tell that its fake

Are you talking about wiglets or actual curls? If you're talking wiglets, they are terrible. Thank god teams have stopped using them. They look fake, and when they fall out, it looks like a rat lying on the floor :eek:

I like nice, tight natural curls. Some teams look amazing (MD Twisters for example).

When I used to work all the big comps, we'd have ear pieces in to control timing between judges, main floor and warm-ups. The guys running the main floor would always come over the system with "Rat on the floor! We have a rat loose on the floor." When a wiglet would fly out during a routine.

I love MD Twisters curls, and WCSS. Both curl their hair differently, but both always look amazing!

I used curls in school cheer , but for competitive we still wear hair and its like a flip ? I think cheer hair is more uniformed , because everyone's hair is different . And we sew ours in so it never falls out . :) But i wouldn't mind half up with a poof either (;

I wore curls in high school (not fake ones, we put sponge rollers in the night before a competition) and I personally LOVED it! But now, it's not really the trend anymore.

Now, I like half up/half down with a poof. I like loose curls, but only if the team does them together so they look the same. I also have a soft spot for a high, tight bun :).

Our minis have used High pony, pouf with high pony, and half-up half-down curls. By far and away, the half-up half-down curls showed the best. The girls were tons sassier and had a lot more personality with them. I used curlformers in my daughter's hair and got perfect spirals. I highly recommend them for anyone who hates sponge rollers. www.curlformers.com

Back