All-Star Cheer Extreme Questions And Answers From Courtney

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

When an athlete has to quit your program how do you prefer them to confront the situation? Email? Phone call? In person?

Also, will you write an autobiography one day? Please? :)
I prefer not at all if that is an option. This is the saddest thing ever...feels like your heart is getting ripped from the inside. I would say in person. It takes guts.

who's choreographing the dance of coed elite? im looking forward for their dance every year because its so hot my all time favorite is the dance last 2009-2010 season
Jamien Small will be doing CoEd Elite's dance :) He always does a fantastic dance for this team and many of our level 5's ( hopefully you got to see Small Seniors' at worlds...one of my all time favorites )

What is the best way to contact you? I can't phone as I live in the UK, but I haven't received a reply over email. Thank you for opening up CEA to the rest of the world. :)

How far do people travel to go to the gyms?
One of my friends actually used to travel roughly 2 and 1/2 hours to K-ville.

Similar to kkinsley's question: Cheerleading is only just taking off in the UK but it seems like it's been on the brink of something big since I started cheering and coaching in 2004. I now run a small cheer and dance programme through our church community with a small group of volunteers. We have multiple dance and cheer classes and it's really taking off but because cheer isn't massivley understood and the fact that it's a community project, we can't seem to inspire them to attend every week. Birthday parties, babysitting or "my aunt may or may not give birth tonight" (I had this one only today) comes first for most. And parents think we're cheap babysitting, not a serious sport even though most have seen us compete or perform for them. We are passionate about cheer, as coaches, and have a great rappour with the kids... but how do you inspire your cheerleaders to take it seriously. And how do you get new cheer parents on board?

My 10 year daughter (Corinne) is OBSESSED with the rumors of a ball-up 720 and the addition of other ball-up 360s in the routine. Is this something we can expect to see in the upcoming season?

BTW, Corinne (and me) has come down from NJ to watch Senior Elite so many time in the past 6 months I would completely understand if you felt it necessary to charge her tuition! Seriously though I can't thank you, the parents and the cheerleaders enough for all the kindness, love and inspiration they have given my daughter!

I am chomping at the bit to pick this team and get started. We learn so much every season and have had several seasons of very strong junior teams to fill the roles of the graduates.

Yay! Cool! im so excited to See them! me and my friend are obsessed with senior elite. We cried because you guys didnt win! lol but im very ready for another great season! SO excited!

I could just tell you this in person, but IDK when I'll see you next, so I'll just do it on here.....
this is not a question and some other people have already told you how amazing you are, but no one has thanked you yet.
Thank you for having a dream, for believing in yourself, for believing in your family, for believing in your athletes, for succeeding from the heart. Thank you for never sleeping because you're so cheer obsessed, for devoting your life to your passion, for being honest about the kids and your business. Thank you for being an inspiration to so many.

1. Would you ever consider expanding Cheer Extreme further south? If I'm correct, right now your locations are primarily in NC then VA. Any hopes or expectations to expand anywhere in SC or even further up North for that matter? What is the geographic strategy in choosing locations to expand to?

2. Having multiple gyms, how much of your time do you spend traveling to other gyms to help out with their team practices?

Back