All-Star Cheer Extreme Richmond?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Makes me wonder what a huge impact this will have on the smaller programs in that area such as Richmond Twister & USA...

Geographical skills aside (and 6 hours was what my source said, not me,) I was also told that it would be the same coaches that are there now and that the coaches in NC wouldn't leave where they are to come to RIC. Personally, I think if they teal-up the place, they would have cheerleaders coming out of their ears, but who knows? Richmond Twisters and USA seem to have hung in just fine even w/ Fame swallowing everything south of the James, so an East End location of any gym probably wouldn't be the kiss of death.

I find it hilarious that the people seemingly concerned about the number of gyms and the distance AREN'T with CEA! If the CEA parents and athletes aren't concerned, why are you?

Central VA has had at least a couple of all star gyms disappear or at least downsize seriously, each year for the past few years, so we tend to keep an eye and ear out for what might be happening around us. Many of us came from gyms that are no longer around, and those that are "seemingly concerned" may care genuinely for other gyms, families and athletes.
Further, CEA parents and athletes don't need to care at this point, now do they?

I find it hilarious that the people seemingly concerned about the number of gyms and the distance AREN'T with CEA! If the CEA parents and athletes aren't concerned, why are you?

I think that being that we live in Richmond and cheer in Richmond we should be concerned with what is going with other gyms. I know of 3 gyms that have shut down in the past 2 years and some are not doing well. I am a fan of CEA but hope that if they decide to come here that they make the program as amazing as their other gyms. I find it funny that someone who is nowhere near Richmond feels the need to be so mean. With that being said we love our gym and would love to see some good competition here in Richmond! :)

I think that being that we live in Richmond and cheer in Richmond we should be concerned with what is going with other gyms. I know of 3 gyms that have shut down in the past 2 years and some are not doing well. I am a fan of CEA but hope that if they decide to come here that they make the program as amazing as their other gyms. I find it funny that someone who is nowhere near Richmond feels the need to be so mean. With that being said we love our gym and would love to see some good competition here in Richmond! :)

I don't really understand why you think my comment was mean. The comments posted before mine pointed out the distance from K'ville and the logistics of coordinating something that far, etc. So, the posts implied that they were concerned with the ability of CEA to operate the gym.

I don't believe that was their true feelings. I think they were concerned about competition. And, if I'm right, it's a legitimate concern, but don't hide behind some false concern over whether CEA can make it work.

I didn't see a lot of "congrats, can't wait to compete against you" kind of posts.

I don't really understand why you think my comment was mean. The comments posted before mine pointed out the distance from K'ville and the logistics of coordinating something that far, etc. So, the posts implied that they were concerned with the ability of CEA to operate the gym.

I don't believe that was their true feelings. I think they were concerned about competition. And, if I'm right, it's a legitimate concern, but don't hide behind some false concern over whether CEA can make it work.

I didn't see a lot of "congrats, can't wait to compete against you" kind of posts.

To clarify, no one is "hiding." What was said is that it remains to be seen what will happen with the program, BASED ON WHAT I WAS TOLD, due to location, staffing, etc.
Probably not safe to assume that you would know what anyone thinks or believes about much of anything. For the record, your reply did sound mean.

Well if they cheer for Fame I am sure they would love some good competition at local comps. For the most part at local comps we win everything. I always love when my daughter's teams go up against great teams. I don't think it is nice to make assumptions on other people's posts unless you know them personally!!!

I think it would be great! I'm sure there are many athletes in that area that would LOVE to cheer for CEA but feel that a 3 1/2-4 hour drive is too much. Having a closer location would be great! and I'm sure they would have no problem bringing more staff and new cheerleaders. This will be great!

To clarify, no one is "hiding." What was said is that it remains to be seen what will happen with the program, BASED ON WHAT I WAS TOLD, due to location, staffing, etc.
Probably not safe to assume that you would know what anyone thinks or believes about much of anything. For the record, your reply did sound mean.

This whole thing is speculation and I heard this and that. Again, anyone with a legitimate question or concern about what might or might not be happening in Richmond at a possible CEA location should email the boss and ask her about it. Only then will you know for sure 1 way or the other.

Not posting directly to you Mamarazzi but your post was just a jumping off point.

And I have it on good authority that Rich's emails go to her spam file. (HAHAHA J/K ya Rich!)

Back