All-Star Cheer Extreme Showcase 2013

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Can we talk about Molly and her pep talk to Amber?? Just look at her in the video. If Molly wouldnt talk with her I dont think she would hit her pyramids the way she did.
I always tought Molly is an amazing kid but afrer seeing this....she really IS amazing!!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

She really IS!!!

oh, i agree with you. she did exactly what she was supposed to and then something happened. so, perhaps mistake wasn't the best word choice. but "who's that girl who got dropped on her head?" still doesn't seem to be the appropriate means to inquire about an athlete.

and she certainly is that. i'd also add in that she's one tough kid, as well, for continuing with a smile on her face after that fall
I'm with you though. And when JAM proposed that question I meant to reply that I don't prefer to mention anyone who is a minor, regardless if it's good or bad, UNLESS I specifically have their parent's permission. For example, on one of my YouTube videos someone asked who she was last year (just a crazy coincidence it was her) and I specifically asked her parents if it was ok or not. I would have even pulled the comment of the person asking who she was if they wanted. They were ok w/it. But not everyone is and I try to afford people the same respect in which I would like to be treated.

Blown away by SE's pyramid...just wow. I was wondering what was gonna happen with all the quiet moments in the music, and now seeing it, it makes so much more sense with the music. Obsessed for yet another season!
And also very impressed with IOC! It's been years since I've seen a good IOC out of CEA, and I feel like once this team is polished and the gaps where they aren't doing anything get filled, this is going to be a phenomenal team. Also love those new uniforms, so out of the box for what they normally have!
So impressed!!

Blown away by SE's pyramid...just wow. I was wondering what was gonna happen with all the quiet moments in the music, and now seeing it, it makes so much more sense with the music. Obsessed for yet another season!
And also very impressed with IOC! It's been years since I've seen a good IOC out of CEA, and I feel like once this team is polished and the gaps where they aren't doing anything get filled, this is going to be a phenomenal team. Also love those new uniforms, so out of the box for what they normally have!
So impressed!!

The fact that many of them are coaches and some even in college as well (I believe) makes it even 10x more impressive to me in addition to that!
*edit- by "some in college" I mean the coaches who are also on the team, not the people who are in college and on the team.

I'm with you though. And when JAM proposed that question I meant to reply that I don't prefer to mention anyone who is a minor, regardless if it's good or bad, UNLESS I specifically have their parent's permission. For example, on one of my YouTube videos someone asked who she was last year (just a crazy coincidence it was her) and I specifically asked her parents if it was ok or not. I would have even pulled the comment of the person asking who she was if they wanted. They were ok w/it. But not everyone is and I try to afford people the same respect in which I would like to be treated.

i love that you do that. i know being a flyer on such a high profile team, it's probably almost expected that people will want to know you in this "cheerlebrity" age and i know a lot of people on the boards have very different feelings about this and the discussion of minors..

my feeling is just that in "my day" (i'm only 23 but the industry and technology have changed drastically in the last 10 years) if someone asked for someone's name it would be so they could sit up front and scream for them and their team at a competition. maybe compliment them after their performance at a comp. now, when someone asks for a name, it's so they can go on Facebook, twitter, instagram, and whatever else to follow them and stalk their every move and save pictures of them to make collages and make fan pages. and for whatever reason they feel like they're entitled to that information. i don't like it. why can't you just say "i admire so and so" without needing to know their whole life story? welcome to the social media generation, i guess. i never thought i'd feel so old fashioned at such a young age, but i really just don't like any of it.

i love that you do that. i know being a flyer on such a high profile team, it's probably almost expected that people will want to know you in this "cheerlebrity" age and i know a lot of people on the boards have very different feelings about this and the discussion of minors..

my feeling is just that in "my day" (i'm only 23 but the industry and technology have changed drastically in the last 10 years) if someone asked for someone's name it would be so they could sit up front and scream for them and their team at a competition. maybe compliment them after their performance at a comp. now, when someone asks for a name, it's so they can go on Facebook, twitter, instagram, and whatever else to follow them and stalk their every move and save pictures of them to make collages and make fan pages. and for whatever reason they feel like they're entitled to that information. i don't like it. why can't you just say "i admire so and so" without needing to know their whole life story? welcome to the social media generation, i guess. i never thought i'd feel so old fashioned at such a young age, but i really just don't like any of it.
Thank you! :)

Sweetie I don't consider that "old-fashioned", I call it mature and responsible. ;) I feel the same way. Also, not everyone wants to be "Cheerlebrities"- @mstealtoyou has expressed over and over that she would rather her CP not to be a cheerlebrity for example. I would also ask permission from other teams if I took video of a non-CEA team at a comp. GBE is a perfect example. I had never seen them and had the privilege of watching them at BATB our first year (I think they were large all girl junior 5 team at the time). I contacted a parent of one of the girls who was on the team- which I got from here obviously :cool: and they cleared it for me. Obviously I trusted this person...but you get the drift. :) I've always said I would hate to be famous bc of the exact reasons you mentioned- the first time an unflattering picture was published I would be so mad/embarrassed and that's just the surface, shallow parts....the release of any really personal and private info would be downright devastating depending on what it was. That's just the way my mind works.

Can we talk about Molly and her pep talk to Amber?? Just look at her in the video. If Molly wouldnt talk with her I dont think she would hit her pyramids the way she did.
I always tought Molly is an amazing kid but afrer seeing this....she really IS amazing!!

what video?

Thank you! :)

Sweetie I don't consider that "old-fashioned", I call it mature and responsible. ;) I feel the same way. Also, not everyone wants to be "Cheerlebrities"- @mstealtoyou has expressed over and over that she would rather her CP not to be a cheerlebrity for example. I would also ask permission from other teams if I took video of a non-CEA team at a comp. GBE is a perfect example. I had never seen them and had the privilege of watching them at BATB our first year (I think they were large all girl junior 5 team at the time). I contacted a parent of one of the girls who was on the team- which I got from here obviously :cool: and they cleared it for me. Obviously I trusted this person...but you get the drift. :) I've always said I would hate to be famous bc of the exact reasons you mentioned- the first time an unflattering picture was published I would be so mad/embarrassed and that's just the surface, shallow parts....the release of any really personal and private info would be downright devastating depending on what it was. That's just the way my mind works.

This is very true, I have. When my oldest was on SE I went about 3 1/2 years and nobody knew my daughter was even on the team. I would have made it to 4 but Samantha and her became best friends and Sammy shouted it from the rooftops around here. LMAO It's just a personal decision we've made because we're a private family.....I realize that I can't keep people from knowing who she is. If you've met me in person you've probably met her. It's not a secret....But as our gym has become more well known over the years I never let them think they were special because of where they cheer or what team they're on on what skills they have.....I mean they're special to me don't get me wrong....but the only reason they're special is because they get to do this sport that they love. Not everyone has family's or parent's who'll do anything and work a lot of job's to make sure they can. THAT'S what make's her special.

This is very true, I have. When my oldest was on SE I went about 3 1/2 years and nobody knew my daughter was even on the team. I would have made it to 4 but Samantha and her became best friends and Sammy shouted it from the rooftops around here. LMAO It's just a personal decision we've made because we're a private family.....I realize that I can't keep people from knowing who she is. If you've met me in person you've probably met her. It's not a secret....But as our gym has become more well known over the years I never let them think they were special because of where they cheer or what team they're on on what skills they have.....I mean they're special to me don't get me wrong....but the only reason they're special is because they get to do this sport that they love. Not everyone has family's or parent's who'll do anything and work a lot of job's to make sure they can. THAT'S what make's her special.
I will never forget when we all found out she was on SE. That was a well kept secret haha. All 3 of your bit's are adorable, and special.

1). This is yet one of the many reasons I love you.
2). It's obvious bc your kids are not the least bit bratty and as you well know I adore them and have only trusted literally a handful of people to babysit my CP and your "middle girl" is one of them. Now the sisterly thing is obvious but they're not actually mean to one another and the older two love "little bit" so much and actually do a great deal for her too, from what I've seen.
3). The last part made me tear up bc I know the personal sacrifices you and you're wonderful hubby have made and still make that not many people know about- especially to the extremes (no pun intended ha ha) you guys go through to make sure they've been able to participate in this sport- and I'm sure probably never will. But that work ethic says a lot about you guys and all those long hard hours you guys continue to put in- and is also why you're all probably so down to earth. Please don't ever change... <3 <3

...and because Ms. K loves her! Shes my :cloud9:

Back