All-Star Cheer Extreme Showcase Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

You're right. It doesn't. That's why there is Youth 3 & 4 in between Mini 2 & Youth 5.

Cause so many kids go Youth 5 -> Junior 3 -> Junior 4 -> Junior 5 -> Senior 3-> Senior 4 -> Senior 5... Right? No, of course they don't.

If the kids have the skills, let them throw them. We did not have any injuries from doing level 3 with Minis. It seems like most teams Mini Elite would have competed against in Mini 2 appreciated not being in the same division. Don't we all hate sand-bagging by teams that are obviously at a higher level than they are competing? Come to think of it, I don't think I saw many (if any) Youth 3 teams that were on the level of that ME team... i just don't get why the division has to be eliminated. Other than to try to prove a point.

I have to agree about ME. Just give them some time, they'll get there!!!

Nothing is stopping a team from putting mini aged level 3 kids on youth 3. I think it was eliminated due to lack of competition (I've never seen a mini 3 team live and I live in TX). It's not some safety issue or conspiracy against young talent. My kid just aged off mini's this season and she hasn't been on a mini team since she was 6, turning 7. She still competed the majority of her skills.

Agreed about the competition. But we saw PLENTY of Level "2" Minis teams last year (my little one was on that team, too) that had Level 3 skills, but sat back in their comfort zone at Level 2.

Maybe it is just the CSP philosophy getting to me, but she showed faith in those kids to compete higher than the comfort zone. Maybe hoping other gyms would pick up the idea was too much to ask, but we enjoyed the times with CEA, ACX, and the other teams who were willing to step it up.

Cause so many kids go Youth 5 -> Junior 3 -> Junior 4 -> Junior 5 -> Senior 3-> Senior 4 -> Senior 5... Right? No, of course they don't.

You know exactly what I mean. Don't twist my point.

Don't we all hate sand-bagging by teams that are obviously at a higher level than they are competing? .

Yeah, I think most would agree that we hate sandbagging. So when this team "gets there" this season, you can go talk to all of the mini 2 teams that this "level 3 at unsanctioned events and level 2 at sanctioned events" team beats and see how they feel about it.

You really seem to be jumping years of this ME team to try and reach your point. Lets keep in mind what was on the mat LAST year, and what is on the mat to start THIS year.

Is it sandbagging when an overbearing "governing body" removes your division, and basically makes you compete a level down?

Or are you telling me that we should take this team (with some tinies aged kids on it) into a Youth division of level 3?

We cannot be the only gym with Mini aged kids with level 3 skills. It does not make sense that we would be. I just want kids to be able to compete in their age group at their skill level...

You really seem to be jumping years of this ME team to try and reach your point. Lets keep in mind what was on the mat LAST year, and what is on the mat to start THIS year.

Is it sandbagging when an overbearing "governing body" removes your division, and basically makes you compete a level down?

Or are you telling me that we should take this team (with some tinies aged kids on it) into a Youth division of level 3?

We cannot be the only gym with Mini aged kids with level 3 skills. It does not make sense that we would be. I just want kids to be able to compete in their age group at their skill level...

So you think the USASF took away this grand division with so many teams and so much talent that was just overflowing and the only reason they did it was to show their might and push around the little guy?

No... i think the USASF spends a lot of time worrying about things that in the grand scheme of things don't hurt anyone. They are cleaning the carpet when the house is on fire.

The Mini 3 division (even if it was only exhibition most of the time) was very important for the growth of the girls on those teams... just like I said before, you can see it in how polished the YE and JE teams are now. Those girls learn a lot from competing at that level, and that has been taken away, and I cannot figure out why. My 8 year old has already said that it feels different now, that the "drive" is different. I think that is why Courtney has that "edge" in the music that you heard and mentioned... she wants to keep the drive there for these girls, because she has enough vision to see what the long-term benefit is for her gym and for her athletes.

No... i think the USASF spends a lot of time worrying about things that in the grand scheme of things don't hurt anyone. They are cleaning the carpet when the house is on fire.

The Mini 3 division (even if it was only exhibition most of the time) was very important for the growth of the girls on those teams... just like I said before, you can see it in how polished the YE and JE teams are now. Those girls learn a lot from competing at that level, and that has been taken away, and I cannot figure out why. My 8 year old has already said that it feels different now, that the "drive" is different. I think that is why Courtney has that "edge" in the music that you heard and mentioned... she wants to keep the drive there for these girls, because she has enough vision to see what the long-term benefit is for her gym and for her athletes.

So you are saying without Mini 3 then YE and JE wouldn't be as good and successful as they are? And them these teams would stop winning?

I am saying that in a way, yes (not that they would stop winning, but that the reloading process would take a lot longer). The Mini 3 program (as CSP was running it, and explaining why she did to those teams) was to give those girls the feel of the big time... the feel of "watch these teams getting ready for NCA, for worlds.... that is going to be you one day, trust me". The same idea behind the Excel teams.. a level 3 team that WILL be level 4 by year's end. She inspires these girls to reach that level.

Those YE and JE teams are loaded with ones who started that process on ME teams. There was a different "feel" to those teams, and we were lucky to be there with them. I don't like the governing body, or anyone for that matter, telling EPs that they are not allowed to have a Mini 3 exhibition, much less a division, then drape it with whatever reasoning they come up with. I am glad we got our two years in with ME at level 3... now my daughter knows what is expected if she makes it to YE at some point, or JE. Point is, who is it hurting, what events are suffering, if there is a level 3 Mini team allowed on the floor?

I am saying that in a way, yes (not that they would stop winning, but that the reloading process would take a lot longer). The Mini 3 program (as CSP was running it, and explaining why she did to those teams) was to give those girls the feel of the big time... the feel of "watch these teams getting ready for NCA, for worlds.... that is going to be you one day, trust me". The same idea behind the Excel teams.. a level 3 team that WILL be level 4 by year's end. She inspires these girls to reach that level.

Those YE and JE teams are loaded with ones who started that process on ME teams. There was a different "feel" to those teams, and we were lucky to be there with them. I don't like the governing body, or anyone for that matter, telling EPs that they are not allowed to have a Mini 3 exhibition, much less a division, then drape it with whatever reasoning they come up with. I am glad we got our two years in with ME at level 3... now my daughter knows what is expected if she makes it to YE at some point, or JE. Point is, who is it hurting, what events are suffering, if there is a level 3 Mini team allowed on the floor?

By your reasoning we should have a Mini 4, 5 and 6, shouldn't we?

If the kids have the skills, let them throw them. We did not have any injuries from doing level 3 with Minis. It seems like most teams Mini Elite would have competed against in Mini 2 appreciated not being in the same division. Don't we all hate sand-bagging by teams that are obviously at a higher level than they are competing? Come to think of it, I don't think I saw many (if any) Youth 3 teams that were on the level of that ME team... i just don't get why the division has to be eliminated. Other than to try to prove a point.
Well then if those youth 3 divisions were not on the same level(which I saw plenty that were last year) then have mini elite compete youth 3. Whats the big deal? They would be even more prepared for youth 5 in that case

Well then if those youth 3 divisions were not on the same level(which I saw plenty that were last year) then have mini elite compete youth 3. Whats the big deal? They would be even more prepared for youth 5 in that case
Who's to say they won't? (That's a legitimate question. I have no idea what the decision making process will be)

Cleaning the carpet while the house is on fire- I need to use that more often.

Back