All-Star Cheer Extreme Showcase Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I would think being on youth 3 and actually competing would be more beneficial than exhibitioning mini 3.

It all comes down to this. She does what she feels is in the best interest of her kids/teams/parents. Not everyone has to agree with it or think it's a good idea. But the strong teams we field in other division's is a testament that what she does works for US. And that's the only people she has to answer to.

Will this idea work for ME this season? We won't know until the end of the season..and a few season's ahead when those kids age up in the system but historically it has benefited our Youth and Jr teams greatly, I have to assume it will continue to do so. Even if we never field a Youth 3 ever again.

Stop. That makes too much sense. No room for that in this discussion.

If you're speaking hypothetically then yes, I do think it makes a lot of sense. But we're not. We're speaking of ME specifically and the mini 3 concept has worked for that team in the context of our gym philosophy.

If you're speaking hypothetically then yes, I do think it makes a lot of sense. But we're not. We're speaking of ME specifically and the mini 3 concept has worked for that team in the context of our gym philosophy.

Now that is a fantastic answer and completely sound. And completely legitimate. However it doesn't work for an entire industry and sport, that is why it was taken away. So small picture, it was great for CEA. Big picture, not so great and had safety concerns. That is why it was taken away.

I feel like at times.. we could really use a "stirring the pot" smiley.. like this one:

stirthepot.gif

We just might be able to use it more than the cow..
Omg yes!

I think what CEA_ATC is trying to say is that there are other, more pressing issues in Allstar Cheer than mini 3. That this division was of benefit to the athletes who participated, but hurt no one. For example, I don't necessarily agree with all of the tumbling rule changes, but I can see the concerns that drove them. The mini 3 thing seems like a non issue by comparison. Realistically, it could have been left alone.

Now that is a fantastic answer and completely sound. And completely legitimate. However it doesn't work for an entire industry and sport, that is why it was taken away. So small picture, it was great for CEA. Big picture, not so great and had safety concerns. That is why it was taken away.

Which is why at USASF events they will be in a division that fit's the parameter's of what they deem to be "acceptable" and at Showcase and X Evolution's they will be what she deems acceptable.

I don't remember asking why it was taken away. LOL But I do appreciate the lesson.

the Mini Elite thing, im not as accredited as some of the people who spoke about it, but im all for it. They obviously had the talent in the past and seeing them in person practice after practice and all those girls tucking at that age was amazing and it really pushed more and more tinys and minis to want to be on mini 3 so i saw a lot of improvement over even just one year with a lot of the little ones. Even the senior kids. I saw a few kids start out with layouts who were going for their doubles by the end of the year. the energy in that gym is unbelievable when it comes to advancing skills and how much heart goes into the process. its always push push push. (not saying other gyms arnt like that). But you definitely see CEA Youth 5 and the strength they have and i remember seeing all those girls on mini 3 and how much they have grown from it. And that even goes for when they were trying to get rid of or restrict youth 5, It's no surprise or shock that cea has these amazing skills in young athletes and a level like mini 3 has definitely been one of the reasons. *last year two of the girls on mini 3 had a full, and that was just at the beginning of the season idk if they had more later on.(obviously they didnt throw them while on mini 3).

Which is why at USASF events they will be in a division that fit's the parameter's of what they deem to be "acceptable" and at Showcase and X Evolution's they will be what she deems acceptable.

I don't remember asking why it was taken away. LOL But I do appreciate the lesson.

It is also an insurance issue. By not being a real division it is not covered under the insurance company. So EPs doing exhibitions or even under a private show if someone got severely hurt in a division that does not exist it could end up really badly for those who put it on.

It is also an insurance issue. By not being a real division it is not covered under the insurance company. So EPs doing exhibitions or even under a private show if someone got severely hurt in a division that does not exist it could end up really badly for those who put it on.

Valid point King! And those are the things I'll admit I know absolutely nothing about. So I'll let you debate that with people from the industry that know more than I do on this subject!

But if you visit gym philosophy's again I'm coming back........lmao.......:cool:

the Mini Elite thing, im not as accredited as some of the people who spoke about it, but im all for it. They obviously had the talent in the past and seeing them in person practice after practice and all those girls tucking at that age was amazing and it really pushed more and more tinys and minis to want to be on mini 3 so i saw a lot of improvement over even just one year with a lot of the little ones. Even the senior kids. I saw a few kids start out with layouts who were going for their doubles by the end of the year. the energy in that gym is unbelievable when it comes to advancing skills and how much heart goes into the process. its always push push push. (not saying other gyms arnt like that). But you definitely see CEA Youth 5 and the strength they have and i remember seeing all those girls on mini 3 and how much they have grown from it. And that even goes for when they were trying to get rid of or restrict youth 5, It's no surprise or shock that cea has these amazing skills in young athletes and a level like mini 3 has definitely been one of the reasons. *last year two of the girls on mini 3 had a full, and that was just at the beginning of the season idk if they had more later on.(obviously they didnt throw them while on mini 3).

And those are the things that are just too hard to describe in words to people on a message board. Seeing it in person and feeling that "buzz", hearing your kids so excited about working hard at practice to be like the "big girls"........which is why I think she's so passionate about subject's she feels is messing with our gym dynamic....which is why I think parents are always so passionate when defending her. I've said this about other things before but unless you've lived it.....you can't understand it.

Back