All-Star Cheer: Full Out!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

yeay it's looking good! too bad it's only 8 minutes.
it had a link to one of gabie butler's episodes where she tells about joining GT. when she was talking about her former team, am I the only one that sensed a "weird/awkward" vibe?

oh and how do you pronounce Louisville correctly? it seems like everyone is saying it differently!

I got the "awkward" vibe when she was talking about her old team too ;).

I really liked both videos. GymTyme seems so fun! Gabi is probably in heaven w/ those bases she has - they look SOOO strong. There is probably really no limit on the stunts she can do w/ them. All the other flyers looked as crazy flexible as Gabi is too!

It was cool how the GymTyme video didn't really focus too much on introducing Gabi and instead spent more time on the others - Gabi's part was just like "Hi - it's me, Gabi - I'm here now - bye". Haha.

I got the "awkward" vibe when she was talking about her old team too ;).

I really liked both videos. GymTyme seems so fun! Gabi is probably in heaven w/ those bases she has - they look SOOO strong. There is probably really no limit on the stunts she can do w/ them. All the other flyers looked as crazy flexible as Gabi is too!

It was cool how the GymTyme video didn't really focus too much on introducing Gabi and instead spent more time on the others - Gabi's part was just like "Hi - it's me, Gabi - I'm here now - bye". Haha.
Thats what I liked about it as well! But is Robert on the team too? I didn't see him in any of the practice footage?

when she was talking about her former team, am I the only one that sensed a "weird/awkward" vibe?

just watched that episode, and what do you mean weird/awkward? as in strange to hear her talking about smoed as something that's in her past and not a part of anymore? then, yeah, since she has been on that team and associated with it/that team name for so long. i still think smoed when i see her face. other than that, no other type of weirdness/awkwardness.

Kinda related kinda not but, someone pointed out that at one point gabby was in top gun sweater/long sleeved top. Are people or coaches against athletes wearing "rival" gyms stuff?
Personally I don't wear stuff from my previous gyms or gyms in my area in general but I do own and wear things from Easter States gyms
I used to coach for a rival team & although I have heaps of awesome workout clothing from my time there I don't wear it to practice. (While coaching for the rivals I wore my raincoat that I've had forever. it's from when I cheered in middle school. I was "spoken to" for wearing a 10 year old jacket to practice because it wasn't supporting their organization. Weird.

I don't know, but I say it Lou-EE-ville. When I've traveled there for work I got the sense that all the people that grew up there say Lou-UH-ville, w/ a really de-emphasized ville.
Yeah, people from there say LOU-VULL. I've always said it like you do. Ugh but I'm moving to a new town & the town next to it is Louisville, they pronounce it Lewis-ville. (Like the brother on Even Stevens)

it had a link to one of gabie butler's episodes where she tells about joining GT. when she was talking about her former team, am I the only one that sensed a "weird/awkward" vibe?

oh and how do you pronounce Louisville correctly? it seems like everyone is saying it differently!

I'm going to he** in a handbasket, but my favorite portion of this episode was everything minus Gabi. I don't even know why because I like her, but I really liked getting to see everyone else more I guess. The action shots were good.

Lou-a-vuhl if you are from there

If you are not from KY you say lou--EE--Ville.

(Born and raised in the Ville--Go Cards!!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lou-a-vuhl if you are from there

If you are not from KY you say lou--EE--Ville.

(Born and raised in the Ville--Go Cards!!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When hubs got us stationed on the border of KY/TN, I had locals 'teach' me how to say names. Lou-a-vuhl was one of them. Took a road trip with my sister and passed Paducah and Cadiz and she pronounced it Pad-ah-ca and Cah-deez. I about died laughing. She's from FL, she should know how to pronounce that stuff.

I'm going to he** in a handbasket, but my favorite portion of this episode was everything minus Gabi. I don't even know why because I like her, but I really liked getting to see everyone else more I guess. The action shots were good.

It's because everything you had been watching was new, and fresh; things you hadn't explored before! Then, all of a sudden, something familiar came along and broke the spell. Gabi's seems like a nice girl, but she's also highly visible and familiar and just came off of a popular series. There's nothing wrong with that; it just is. So, I kinda get what you are saying.

2ly1kea.jpg

I'm not sure if awkward is the right word, but she was definitely choosing her words carefully and staying very PC about it all.

That's what I felt - she knew she was talking about something very delicate that the entire Smoed fan base was watching like a hawk to make sure she didn't say anything that could even remotely be construed as negative. She did a good job of deflecting any controversy w/ the things she said IMO. It had to be very uncomfortable for her to have to speak about that stuff. Kind of like having to talk about your ex boyfriend on a date - when you know the person is trying to figure out why you broke up and you really just don't feel like explaining any of it ;).

Back