Cheer Hair & Makeup

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This will be unpopular, but my all time favorite is a SMALL bump with a high pony, no or minimal tease, neutral or grey smokey eye that doesn't overdo it, with bright blush and either true red or a strong pink lipstick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree that the side pony is cute. It looks very spunky. It's also a good option for little kids since a normal pony might fall off center if their running around and playing. For makeup- a little neutral but noticeable eyeshadow, blush and a bright lip.

Tight bun, cute bow, lip gloss. With the little ones... Less is best :).

For tinys and minis I agree with you, but a youth cheerleader can be as old as 12. That wouldn't go over well with my 12 year old or her friends.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Our gym just requires lipstick for our squads from tiny - senior. I like it because I personally don't care for all the make-up that I see on most of the kids. Plus it makes it easier to get ready in the morning. One less thing to worry about.

Our Youth squad doesn't want to be too different from our Senior squads. Many of them are in middle school and hate anything that makes them feel like "little kids". Therefore, we keep the makeup the same: smoke eye, blush, red lipstick. Their hair is in a high teased ponytail, no bump or braid.

I don't think I'd ever want heavy make up to be a requirement but I do think it looks a lot better on the mat! Big hair is a staple of cheerleading but again not all kids have thick enough hair at this age so probably best to work with what the kids on the team have :)

What brand of lip stain would you recommend for Youth cheerleaders? We've never used a stain before (just gloss) and am looking for a decent priced brand ($10-$15) that'll stay put throughout warmups and performance. My girls are bad to chew their lips when nervous. :(

This year our gym did sock buns for youth and mini. At first I really really hated them. To be honest I'm still not in love with them, but it kept the girls hair all the same and out of their face. They also did a light white shimmer eye, mascara, blush and pink lip. The makeup was all elf brand and lasted really well. Lipstick we used drugstore lip stain. Not the best pic I have but her makeup is mostly still on after a 9 hour day and competing on 2 teams and hair is perfect.
fe177f9b130328951a53cd307a05c003.jpg

Last edited:
Back