Cheer Hair & Makeup

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

In a perfect world, I'd love to a slick bun but I think my kids performance value would drop indefinitely. I'm trying to get my gym to ditch the braid, and just do a tight pony with teased curls.

I like the look of a high teased pony (but not too teased). But, the hair I prefer to fix is the bun. We did that last year and it was so easy!

What brand of lip stain would you recommend for Youth cheerleaders? We've never used a stain before (just gloss) and am looking for a decent priced brand ($10-$15) that'll stay put throughout warmups and performance. My girls are bad to chew their lips when nervous. :(

I love Rimmel. It goes on silky smooth and it stays for hours. We get Wink kits from our gym, but the lipstick was super goopy (honestly, it seemed old and past its prime), so we found a matching shade from Rimmel and other people ended up borrowing it, because it worked so well. :)

As long as there is no bump, I'm fine with whatever. I have a kid with super thick, curly hair to her waist. Trying to do a bump positively destroys her hair. Our team does a small braid into a high pony and I think it looks cute.

In a perfect world, I'd love to a slick bun but I think my kids performance value would drop indefinitely. I'm trying to get my gym to ditch the braid, and just do a tight pony with teased curls.
That's funny because our gym is doing just the opposite. Going from the pony/teased curls to the braid, straight pony :)

So glad the poof is gone from our gym. It was never consistent from girl to girl. Simple clean teased pony. [emoji1]No braid either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're going to a fake pony this year (not a posh, those are insane!), because my daughter's hair is just too curly to straighten before every comp (especially during a travel comp with a hotel stay with a pool). I'm looking forward to putting it in a tight bun, wrapping the fake pony on, and moving on with life.

Back