All-Star Cheer Live Video Website - Jamfest!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If you are selling a product, you are responsible for it.

I own a bow company. If a hair tie broke on someone's bow, I would replace it, not tell them to call the Goody Hair Company. Stand behind your product.

That's what I'm sayin!!! How do you charge for an event--all be it a good price--but not be able to be in control of what is shown?? So from what I gather, Cheerlive is solely responsible for just the awards portion of the live feed?? Heck, I could have saved my measly $10.00 and just followed the updates on the board?

So who is actually running this live feed?? If you can't control what the camera operators or the producers are allowing to be aired??? Who is in control of those "graphics" that get put up on the various floors??
If you are selling a product, you are responsible for it.

That's like buying a TV at Best Buy and having it break, but they won't take it back because that's Samsung's TV that broke, not theirs.

Haha im sorry but I see this as kinda funny! The guys who are selling DVD's Run the monitors on the side of the floor for people to have a better view from the stands! Im guessing the camera man forgot to switch back to the floor for that 1 routine! Some times people make a little mistake so I wasnt gonna go burn him for that! Obviously he was aware he made a mistake as he got it fixed before the routine was over!

Again im sorry for that small incident! We are in control of the webcast because we provide the equipment to allow us to put a video live on the web, the floor cameras on A,B and C are from the DVD company here at the event. Jamfest already had video guys for this event and they wanted us to take what they already had and expand!

That's what I'm sayin!!! How do you charge for an event--all be it a good price--but not be able to be in control of what is shown?? So from what I gather, Cheerlive is solely responsible for just the awards portion of the live feed?? Heck, I could have saved my measly $10.00 and just followed the updates on the board?

Thats what I did because i knew the videos would be on youtube before the night was over anyway

I love that after every sentence you use an exclamation point! It really makes you seem like you're making your point! I read your posts as if you're either really excited or really angry! But I just can't tell which one!!!!! (@cheerlive)

I love that after every sentence you use an exclamation point! It really makes you seem like you're making your point! I read your posts as if you're either really excited or really angry! But I just can't tell which one!!!!! (@cheerlive)

There is NO reason to have 2 video cameras from the same place on the same floor using the same angle! We felt it would be a better webcast if we offered exactly what the fans here at the competition see! Which includes Jamfest themed team graphics, backstage video and clear audio connection!

If you would like I will go let that employee from Lockwood DVD's that he messed up my live webcast for ONE team and that people are really upset about it! Will that make you feel better?

Im really excited!!! lol

If you would like I will go let that employee from Lockwood DVD's that he messed up my live webcast for ONE team and that people are really upset about it! Will that make you feel better?

I don't think it will make anyone feel better. That's not the point. As you mentioned in an earlier post 90% of the people that signed up did so to watch ONE team. If that one team gets messed up then it's pretty much a waste of the $10, correct?

With a live broadcast, you have to be right 100% of the time. Especially for soemthing that lasts 2.5 minutes.

I think that's why a live AND recorded combination will always be the biggest draw.

Wow! Getting in a war of words with customers(or potential customers) is not prof. DO I agree with everything that is put on here...no, but just not good business to respond. I like the angle close up shots and occasional pan of crowd when not in routine time. Yes people will make mistakes, but I'd be sure I was in control of what is going on live feed if it is my product /business. At least make customers aware that the camera work is being done by another source and you are just offering the live feed so if there are issues they know who to contact....but if it is you who need to give refund for missing a routine(just over 2 minutes) that someone has paid for then so be it.

Okay decided to pipe in my two cents. I too was waiting to see that team in particular, know a large number of those kids (my daughter who is an allstar grad cheered with them for years), we missed close to 2 minutes of a 2 min 30 routine. You are not responsible for the camera, but you are responsible for monitoring your product (the live feed), there should be some communication between the two companies (maybe we would have only missed 5 or 10 seconds if that were the case).
That said, I have really enjoyed the overall product.

Wow! Getting in a war of words with customers(or potential customers) is not prof. DO I agree with everything that is put on here...no, but just not good business to respond. I like the angle close up shots and occasional pan of crowd when not in routine time. Yes people will make mistakes, but I'd be sure I was in control of what is going on live feed if it is my product /business. At least make customers aware that the camera work is being done by another source and you are just offering the live feed so if there are issues they know who to contact....but if it is you who need to give refund for missing a routine(just over 2 minutes) that someone has paid for then so be it.

You know what...you are absolutely right! I guess I got a little carried away! If anyone reading this post wants a refund because of that 1 mistake I will gladly give you a refund!

You know what...you are absolutely right!

I do like the fact that CheerLive has someone monitoring this board and responding. No information is ALWAYS worse than not agreeing 100% with the response.

Thank you for doing that.

I reccomend next year a username registration service where you pay to register. Then if you are knocked off you just sign in again, no fee. Its pretty easy using WordPress.

And you can make it so only one IP can be signed on at a time per usernamr.

Back