All-Star Cheer Mashup

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Thanks for all the input as we do appreciate it a lot. As said, we cannot be certain what the final product will be, how it will evolve and how successful it will be going forward. Anyone who knows Maddie knows her love and respect for cheer. All involved want to make it work and give cheer an very positive representation while balancing the need for income and advertising.

That said, as grandma said, the proof is in the pudding. I hope I have mine with a tall glass of iced tea as we go forward.

Thanks for all the input as we do appreciate it a lot. As said, we cannot be certain what the final product will be, how it will evolve and how successful it will be going forward. Anyone who knows Maddie knows her love and respect for cheer. All involved want to make it work and give cheer an very positive representation while balancing the need for income and advertising.

That said, as grandma said, the proof is in the pudding. I hope I have mine with a tall glass of iced tea as we go forward.
"The need for income and advertising"
Thats the key to it all right there, just like SDoaAC was, tons of promos for stuff to pay for the show. WE as cheerleaders will watch content, good or bad content, but we don't want stuff shoved down our throats.

I do hope it turns out well, cheerleading as a whole needs and wants good exposure and representation in the media. Best of luck to all involved

"The need for income and advertising" Thats the key to it all right there

True. Unfortunately the cheer market is not especially large when limited to the true believers and they are the very ones that want an accurate documentary format first and foremost. To be a commercial success on a large scale and attract large advertisers, you have to have a wider appeal. Will be a tough hill to climb. But why not give it a shot?

Everyone else:
tumblr_ls9kx3YSY41r2tzxuo1_250.gif

tumblr_ls9kx3YSY41r2tzxuo7_r1_250.gif

Me:
tumblr_m6nw13LRHg1rtv5gfo1_250.gif

I am not against anything done well that helps cheer. I think people fear it will be halfway done (like diary). If it is done well then I don't care who it comes from or who is on it.

But the show is going to have competition. CheerLive and Varsity I doubt will let this go down without swinging. Those who win over the Fierce Board crowd will win.

I posted earlier with a gif, but thought I should go into further detail of my opinion. I think Maddie is a smart, well spoken girl who can take all the criticism and all the hate that is thrown towards her and push it aside. She doesn't let much of anything get to her. I was, well shocked, to say the least when seeing that she would continue with Cheer Channel, mostly because their first time around seemed to be, well...a busy. I hope that this doesn't turn into another joke, for Maddie's sake. I applaud her for being able to take all the criticism that has been tossed her way over the years, and continuing to take it.

I am not against anything done well that helps cheer. I think people fear it will be halfway done (like diary). If it is done well then I don't care who it comes from or who is on it.

But the show is going to have competition. CheerLive and Varsity I doubt will let this go down without swinging. Those who win over the Fierce Board crowd will win.

Agree with all of this, especially if the people responsible for advertising for say Forever 21 read these boards and decide on ads based on opinion here. And what I'm saying is yeah, but what really matters is ratings, etc. But that little tidbit aside a show like this will have to stay true to the nature of cheer and what it really represents. That is the plan I believe. I wonder if expectations for the first show were out of line with what the producers were trying to do with the show. From what I can tell, they were able to sell the concept and get a pretty good cable deal for distribution and seem to be having success with advertisers. What the Fierce Board was looking for and what the producers wanted to acheive may have been two different things. I can tell you they get a lot of interest from everywhere about being included on future shows.

Agree with all of this, especially if the people responsible for advertising for say Forever 21 read these boards and decide on ads based on opinion here. And what I'm saying is yeah, but what really matters is ratings, etc. But that little tidbit aside a show like this will have to stay true to the nature of cheer and what it really represents. That is the plan I believe. I wonder if expectations for the first show were out of line with what the producers were trying to do with the show. From what I can tell, they were able to sell the concept and get a pretty good cable deal for distribution and seem to be having success with advertisers. What the Fierce Board was looking for and what the producers wanted to acheive may have been two different things. I can tell you they get a lot of interest from everywhere about being included on future shows.

I think you are grouping two separate groups of people that might share the same traits, but are not the same. I don't think Forever 21 crowd necessarily likes cheerleading. But Fierce Board people do like cheerleading, and signifigantly outnumber the amount of people that viewed those videos. The amount of video views the show received is not entirely that impressive in web standards. I think the reason there was any attention paid to this is because there currently is no one tapping the cheer market. The videos altogether totaled 400,000 views. There are threads on here that hit half that number in a weekend. Amount of pageviews for the board I measure every month in the millions, not in the thousands. As well as the show was marketed and tailored for a large portion of the people on this board. Even the creators and marketing people for cheer channel came on here under fake names and real names and tried to defend it.. repeatedly. They seemed to care a rather large amount of people were perceiving the show on here.

As well as the show was marketed and tailored for a large portion of the people on this board. Even the creators and marketing people for cheer channel came on here under fake names and real names and tried to defend it.. repeatedly. They seemed to care a rather large amount of people were perceiving the show on here.

Maybe, and without getting into how on calculates traffic, hits and views I have no doubt that anyone marketing anything in cheer would be more than glad to get their message out on this board. I think a web series' volume and an established message board may not be apples to apples on comparison as you are doing it, but that is fine. It will be interesting to see how numbers go with multiple outlets and choices in programming. But I think a 30 minute cable show may not be able to be easily compared to a message board, and I know the expense of developing programing and the need for capital in video dwarfs the expense of maintaing a board so you have to be able to sell to advertisers. Ask Facebook. But to cater only to the very cheer informed with programming will limit your audience. For instance, I doubt a program showing the legalities of a certain stunt to Fierce Board detail will get big ratings, however a cheer team competing over a season with human interest/interaction thrown in detail will draw audience. The gymnast are doing quite well in the endorsement arena right now. I do not see that opportunity in cheer. I doubt anyone will step forward with a multi million dollar endorsement deal for the next winner of a World's division. Do you? I think it is going to take hybrid programming that is based in cheer but encompasses much more. Again, I basically agree with your pov on the opportunity, I just think 50 minutes of programming cannot necessarily predict the potential of what can be done with the right people and at least someone is giving it a shot.

It's more that Cheer Channel is using Maddie's fame to bring hype to their 'show' just like they did with Superstars of All Star.. which turned out so well.. :cow:

I don't think people hate Maddie, its more they dislike the cheerlebrity ideal, where the athlete is bigger than the sport or bigger than the team. I'd love to see a magazine cover with 3 awesome girls on the front and the title contain their names with the sub heading "Maddie's bases."

Cheer is and has always been a team sport, people want to see that, not someone taking bows after their routine while the team celebrates..

You said it perfectly "cheer is a team sport.". I feel bad for every other member of senior elite because everything is always Maddie, Maddie, Maddie. There are so many other people and factors that contribute to her success and cheerlebrity status, but they get no recognition. This is what bothers me the most, thus making me roll my eyes anytime MG is mentioned. Just my thoughts on the topic.

I feel bad for every other member of senior elite because everything is always Maddie, Maddie, Maddie. There are so many other people and factors that contribute to her success and cheerlebrity status, but they get no recognition. This is what bothers me the most, thus making me roll my eyes anytime MG is mentioned. Just my thoughts on the topic.

For some reason Jan Brady jumped into my mind with Marsha, Marsha, Marsha. You are a coach and an adult, right?

For some reason Jan Brady jumped into my mind with Marsha, Marsha, Marsha. You are a coach and an adult, right?

Yes I am a coach and an adult, which is why I would like to state that I meant no disrespect in my comment, as I was simply stating my thoughts.

As a coach, I think it is very important to place an emphasis on cheer being a team sport, and I feel with the invention of cheerlebrities, that aspect is being taken away. I see too many kids that focus on being nothing but the best person on the team instead striving to be a part of the best team.

Again, I did not intend to be disrespectful and apologize fully if that is how you read my post.

PS-I too thought of Jan Brady when I wrote this post, and it did make me smile a bit.

You said it perfectly "cheer is a team sport.". I feel bad for every other member of senior elite because everything is always Maddie, Maddie, Maddie. There are so many other people and factors that contribute to her success and cheerlebrity status, but they get no recognition. This is what bothers me the most, thus making me roll my eyes anytime MG is mentioned. Just my thoughts on the topic.

Why doesn't anyone ever complain about the girls from other teams that everyone talks about? I never see people obsess over every single girl from any team, just a few girls who are talented and also have something else special about them that catches peoples' attention. You don't hear people bashing Kelsey Rule or Kiara Nowlin or Gabi Butler because they're "famous" and no one is swooning over all the other people on their team (I'm not implying anything negative about either of these girls... These are just the only "cheerlebrities" I can name.)

Everyone needs to get off the bitter bus about Maddie.

Back