All-Star Cheer! Mini Allstars On Lifetime Tv

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Slightly off topic but @cheermrt - I've never seen/heard ANY Ohio rules saying you can't do both high school and all star cheer. I've known hundreds (okay, less but you get the point) of girls and boys who do both for mannnny years. In fact, our gym offers classes to help you with high school tryouts. I'd doubt they'd be helping people sign up for high school instead of all star if that were the case. And I know many high schools that have all star coaches coach teams with many of their all star kids on the team.

I don't care what anyone says there is no reason an athlete on a senior team should still be old enough to me on a MINI team. I don't care how small your gym is if you require pulling up someone on a MINI team to your senior team then compete without the max number of athletes because that one 8 year old probably isn't going to help the team as much as you think.

ok but once again that is your opinion i am ok with your stating your opinion but im only going to tell you facts like i stated b4 our senior team is a true junior team as far as you saying that one 8 y/o is not going to help the team as much as i think FACT: we had one 8 y/o two 9y/o and 10y/o and they competed against senior aged flyers and we had a very sucessful season as a true junior team in a senior divison so i would have to disagree it did help as far as everything else your said im not commenting on like i stated before thats your opinion but dont come at midwest magic take it to usasf where it really matters this forum to discuss the show on the mini cheer team not the senior 3 team

Slightly off topic but @cheermrt - I've never seen/heard ANY Ohio rules saying you can't do both high school and all star cheer. I've known hundreds (okay, less but you get the point) of girls and boys who do both for mannnny years. In fact, our gym offers classes to help you with high school tryouts. I'd doubt they'd be helping people sign up for high school instead of all star if that were the case. And I know many high schools that have all star coaches coach teams with many of their all star kids on the team.

well the girls on my team said they cant do pickerington norths comp squad b/c they cheer allstar

I watched the show again and tried to view it as objectively as I could. I couldn't put my finger on exactly what offended me about the program the first time, but I know now. Allstar cheer is a sport. There are rules, technique, compulsory skills to be performed in routines, judges, scoresheets, training, etc. There are inherent dangers and benefits to participating in it at a young age. None of these things were discussed during the show. If you were watching this program, and knew nothing about this particular sport, when the credits rolled at the end, you still wouldn't know anything about the sport. Crazy parents aside (nobody's perfect. We all fall short and anyone can be caught with her pants down - especially in this age of all things digital), in the end, I learned nothing about these people, the coaches, their qualifications, or the rules. How did cheering for cheerleaders come to be? What kind of growth have you seen in your kids? Why do you train so much for competitions at such a young age? How do parents prepare their kids for competitions (a day in the life on competition day,etc)? So many worthy topics that could have been explored got left on the table. Both gyms were done a disservice, and most of all, the kids were made to look as though they were involved with Romper Room, instead of something legit.

P.S. In our gym, we have little ones who are self-motivated and push themselves even harder than the girl who does the 3x per week privates. It isn't so much that they lack balance, or are pushed by their parents, they sincerely love to be in the gym. I realize that we, as parents, should help to manage their time better. But, who am I to judge. We all want to see our kids smile and be happy. Hey, when I was two years older than she, I had a job. My parents are immigrants and the words "tired", and "young" when put next to each other, in a sentence, were considered oxymorons! My point is that kids all over the world work harder and longer on a daily basis, on less fun ventures, and thrive. When you look at it that way, 3x a week, in an air conditioned gym, isn't bad.

ok but once again that is your opinion i am ok with your stating your opinion but im only going to tell you facts like i stated b4 our senior team is a true junior team as far as you saying that one 8 y/o is not going to help the team as much as i think FACT: we had one 8 y/o two 9y/o and 10y/o and they competed against senior aged flyers and we had a very sucessful season as a true junior team in a senior divison so i would have to disagree it did help as far as everything else your said im not commenting on like i stated before thats your opinion but dont come at midwest magic take it to usasf where it really matters this forum to discuss the show on the mini cheer team not the senior 3 team

We are discussing the show, it was part of the show that has people scratching their heads. It had to have been known when signing the waiver to film at the gym that things would be seen that some do not agree with. The only reason it seems like people are coming at Midwest Magic is because they put their gym on TV for the world to see. There have been several threads on this board talking about the subject of younger athletes on senior teams. It has been discussed many times that people do not agree with it. Now that there is a gym on TV that has an 8 year old on a mini team and now come to find out a senior team, you bet there are going to be people bringing the topic back up. Just like with Jersey Cheer, cursing at athletes was a topic brought back up. This is just something that the entire gym is now going to deal with because they have aired their gym to the world.

You are taking things a lot better then others would and I give you kudos for that. But with the show on TV there is no stopping the opinions that are going to be based off of what Lifetime showed.

I have to agree with RJsExtremeMom that something that didn't make sense is why the show did not cover anything that will show the sport in a positive light and help those on the outside understand. It is just like Toddlers and Tiaras. That show doesn't really give you insight into the pagent world it makes a mockery of it. There is no reason for a show to be on TV exploiting children and the sport when it is in no way aiding them in anything positive. How are those kids going to feel knowning they were sorta made fun of by someone like Chelsea Lately on national TV? I would assume they won't feel too good. If this show actually showed what all star cheerleading is about instead of the crazy mom's in a gym then people may have a lot better of an opinion of the show.

Let me just say about talking around an 8 year old sibling when you're 16: There's a reason I don't hang out with my friends AND my 5 years younger brother. Unless I want my friends to constantly tell him to block his ears...I avoid it. Now that he's 16 (and I'm 21) it's not as bad. But when I was 16 and Danny-boy was 11..we WERE on two different emotional levels. And that was only 5 years apart. Yeah, he's family. Yeah, I like spending time with him. Spending extra time with him and having to censor myself because of it, nooot as much fun. I'm sure my dance-mates loved me as a sister..but we're 'little sisters'- the same ones who wear all your clothes and steal your favorite lip gloss and imitate you because we're insecure aka we're annoying sometimes ;)

@cheermrt I'm an old man, so I have a hard time reading posts without punctuation. :) Is there a reason why you don't use periods?
forgive me for typing fast. i wasn't really thinking of punctuation, as i've been writing from airplanes. [i'm trying out for hpu] sitting on an airplane for 5 hours, kind of messes with my mind.

We are discussing the show, it was part of the show that has people scratching their heads. It had to have been known when signing the waiver to film at the gym that things would be seen that some do not agree with. The only reason it seems like people are coming at Midwest Magic is because they put their gym on TV for the world to see. There have been several threads on this board talking about the subject of younger athletes on senior teams. It has been discussed many times that people do not agree with it. Now that there is a gym on TV that has an 8 year old on a mini team and now come to find out a senior team, you bet there are going to be people bringing the topic back up. Just like with Jersey Cheer, cursing at athletes was a topic brought back up. This is just something that the entire gym is now going to deal with because they have aired their gym to the world.

You are taking things a lot better then others would and I give you kudos for that. But with the show on TV there is no stopping the opinions that are going to be based off of what Lifetime showed.

I have to agree with RJsExtremeMom that something that didn't make sense is why the show did not cover anything that will show the sport in a positive light and help those on the outside understand. It is just like Toddlers and Tiaras. That show doesn't really give you insight into the pagent world it makes a mockery of it. There is no reason for a show to be on TV exploiting children and the sport when it is in no way aiding them in anything positive. How are those kids going to feel knowning they were sorta made fun of by someone like Chelsea Lately on national TV? I would assume they won't feel too good. If this show actually showed what all star cheerleading is about instead of the crazy mom's in a gym then people may have a lot better of an opinion of the show.

thank you and yes i do agree with everything you just said 100% and yes CHARM the mini level 1 team did sign waivers to have THIER TEAM put on the show but ive watched it over and over again and they never mentioned the senior 3 team or any other team from magic and they didnt even show any clips from any other teams from midwest magic so no it did not air that kenzie was on a senior team so thats why im lost that people are coming at midwest magic it should be all gyms not just magic we and would understand if that was part of the show and people pointed the finger at us but since it wasnt i just feel like the finger should be pointed at cheerleading in genral or usasf or in the other threads u mentioned thats all im saying but thank you and once again i agree with you

It is to my understanding that it is a fairly new policy but there is a loop hole somewhere (and I honestly don't remember what it is this early in the morning). Most coaches are looking the other way and not following it, but there is a policy stating that now unfortunately.

yeah its a truce but i just have 1 question and i just wanna clear two things up ok my question is so would your allow your 16 y/o daughter be around your 8 year old daughter b/c thats how we see kenzie if you do have a tight knit family than you would understand another thing is if a girl has a broken arm and it takes a little over two months to heal and two of the 4 comps are in the same month then i would still consider that filling in im sorry and yes we did invite everyone in to look at our mini team not our senior 3 team or our junior 2 team that was never even mentioned on the show someones been doing some research but your right we will just have to agree to disagree and it wasnt your opinion that upset me its when your label your opinion its one thing to say i dont think 8 y/o should be on a mini team and its another to say i dont think kenzie should be on a senior team then that takes your opinion to a personal level or when you say comments like if the owner cant fill one senior team she should reconsider her career path thats my coach your talking about and i love and look up to my coach and she has to be doing something right she has a very sucessful mini and junior program and has 2 senior teams going to worlds so why should she reconsider her path she has help so many kids acheive goals and dreams why would you take that away from society we need more people like her that will pull strings to put a team together so she doesnt have to tell 5 people i dont have a spot for you and thats 5 more people doing something positive in their life i love my coach for that and i respect her for that :)

LOL...not if I could avoid it. I don't want my 8 year old hanging out with teenagers. Period. I'm sure the answer you were hoping for was "Well, of course...she's her sister!" But no, sister or not, she is 16. Does she babysit for me? Yes. If I could afford an alternative I would.

As for the other, I was actually talking to the person i actually QUOTED in that post. So no, I'm not talking about your coach personally.

And lastly, whether they mentioned the senior team on the show or not is irrelevant. Anytime you agree to do a reality show you agree to have your business picked apart. Watch American Idol--on the show they cover a little family life (usually to make the contestants look good) and a little singing. Now go online and "discuss" the show. You'll see people talking about everything about them--from their singing to what they wore to the prom. It goes with the territory of reality tv. And your gym's owner decided it was worth the risk to get on TV. I'm sure she hoped to get her name out there and show allstar cheer for what it is--but that's the risk you take when you allow strangers access to your personal life. We can't help it if what we saw made us talk--and the talking led to more talking from people who happen to know more than the show showed (eg. that she is on the senior team)...and that led to this discussion.

yeah its a truce but i just have 1 question and i just wanna clear two things up ok my question is so would your allow your 16 y/o daughter be around your 8 year old daughter b/c thats how we see kenzie if you do have a tight knit family than you would understand another thing is if a girl has a broken arm and it takes a little over two months to heal and two of the 4 comps are in the same month then i would still consider that filling in im sorry and yes we did invite everyone in to look at our mini team not our senior 3 team or our junior 2 team that was never even mentioned on the show someones been doing some research but your right we will just have to agree to disagree and it wasnt your opinion that upset me its when your label your opinion its one thing to say i dont think 8 y/o should be on a mini team and its another to say i dont think kenzie should be on a senior team then that takes your opinion to a personal level or when you say comments like if the owner cant fill one senior team she should reconsider her career path thats my coach your talking about and i love and look up to my coach and she has to be doing something right she has a very sucessful mini and junior program and has 2 senior teams going to worlds so why should she reconsider her path she has help so many kids acheive goals and dreams why would you take that away from society we need more people like her that will pull strings to put a team together so she doesnt have to tell 5 people i dont have a spot for you and thats 5 more people doing something positive in their life i love my coach for that and i respect her for that :)

@cheermrt....wow, can you use some commas and periods in your post, something to slow this train down? ;)

Back