College Cheer Music Format In College

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The UCA cheer is supposed to be something you would do at a game / timeout. That is pretty ridiculous.

NCAs is more realistic in that sense but still a bit forced.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

why is that so ridiculous? the purpose of the cheer is to get the crowd involved.... I would think that doing things you do at games, where you get the crowd involved, would be the most effective means of doing so.

why is that so ridiculous? the purpose of the cheer is to get the crowd involved.... I would think that doing things you do at games, where you get the crowd involved, would be the most effective means of doing so.

It is ridiculous to postulate the skills done in this section are ones actually done when leading a crowd. Standing fulls, fullup 2 2 1's, intricate stunting while trying to cheer are not conducive to actual crowd leading. If there was extreme limits to what you could do (like basketball) on this section of the routine as far as competition goes I would understand it.

It is ridiculous to postulate the skills done in this section are ones actually done when leading a crowd. Standing fulls, fullup 2 2 1's, intricate stunting while trying to cheer are not conducive to actual crowd leading. If there was extreme limits to what you could do (like basketball) on this section of the routine as far as competition goes I would understand it.

okay I see what you're saying now, makes sense. thanks for clarifying. This I do actually agree with very much so, mostly for the simple fact that we are one of the schools that I feel get punished on the score sheet for it... We literally use the same cheer and stunts we use at games, and while we used to score very high on our cheer, and our all girl coach was even actually asked to judge D1A's cheer portion before, we now have been doing poorly on the cheer bc it isn't "flashy" enough... if its suppose to be game day stuff, there's a limit to how flashy you can get....

UCA college is the only competition that I know of that stops its music. Possibly some high schools still do?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
South Carolina high school you can only have 1:30 of actual music, so a full minute of cheer. It's the worsttttt. Some teams elect to do it at the beginning but most plug it in the middle.

South Carolina high school you can only have 1:30 of actual music, so a full minute of cheer. It's the worsttttt. Some teams elect to do it at the beginning but most plug it in the middle.

Pretty sure those days are over now.

Back