All-Star Cheer Night Out - Champions Leauge

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

does anyone know if they athletes or gyms were given a copy of the movie?

i think so... or they might have rented out a small theatre, because the pics that i saw of selfies looked to be in theatre seats.

Bk5CVSdIAAAG-cC.jpg

I did not see the movie but from what i've seen on social media, I'm happy that the people who didn't know what this sport was about, who saw it, were impressed. I'm happy that it made the athletes feel special and kids really seemed to love it. I could do without the extreme reactions some of these kids and even up to and over 18yrolds had like flailing, crying, screaming, and some even continuing to react at this point in the night. I don't like that some are even more obsessed with these athletes now then they were before but I understand these are mostly kids and that was going to happen. I like that it made the coaches involved(and maybe other coaches as well) feel like all their hard work was finally showed and that no matter what other people thought of it, they feel rewarded. I haven't coached in a few years but I kind of feel like maybe, just maybe, someone out there changed how they looked at our sport by seeing that it's not pom pons and stamping and clapping.
Definitely agree with what you said about people still reacting now. I went and saw it at a smaller theater and ended up sitting in front of a whole senior aged team who screamed and cried over athletes the entire movie, then complained about the interviews loudly. After my friend (non-cheerleader) and I left, we went to the lobby to wait for our cab... there were not one, but THREE girls still weeping uncontrollably because they saw certain athletes close up, but they wanted to be there to "touch them to get their fierceness through osmosis." I kid you not. The most embarrassing part about it was that my friend's sister is an athlete on one of the teams participating, and they wept over her! She was definitely shocked to see her younger sister had a cult like following halfway across the country just because she's on a big name team. I definitely didn't have a good experience in the theater, and don't know if this will happen again, but I think the EP would be better safe than sorry doing a lifestream or putting it on Lifetime or something so people could watch in the privacy of their own homes.

Now that I've gotten home and had plenty of time to think about it, here's how I think the movie could've been better:

Begin with footage from the prom and talk about what they're all there for (prestigious competition) and segue into introduction of what all star cheer is.

One by one, introduce each team competing at CL. Give history, interview coaches, kids, get inside practices. And then show highlights from the teams CL performance--everything that was scored including the practice rounds (still have no idea how that worked). No need for the full length routines--we can get those on YouTube. Throw in some extra stuff (like Eric "the Fixer" Little--bahaha loved that) and tease it all out with some tension about what's at stake for the winners.

Wrap it all up with speculation by the coaches and maybe even some fans about who's gonna win and how the winners would be selected and show the teams announced at awards and BOOM, instant classic that I would watch again and again.

They should've taken one more week to put this together. I honestly feel like I could've done a better job with this in my advanced video class in college back in 1999. They really missed a golden opportunity to make this something amazing.

Definitely agree with what you said about people still reacting now. I went and saw it at a smaller theater and ended up sitting in front of a whole senior aged team who screamed and cried over athletes the entire movie, then complained about the interviews loudly. After my friend (non-cheerleader) and I left, we went to the lobby to wait for our cab... there were not one, but THREE girls still weeping uncontrollably because they saw certain athletes close up, but they wanted to be there to "touch them to get their fierceness through osmosis." I kid you not. The most embarrassing part about it was that my friend's sister is an athlete on one of the teams participating, and they wept over her! She was definitely shocked to see her younger sister had a cult like following halfway across the country just because she's on a big name team. I definitely didn't have a good experience in the theater, and don't know if this will happen again, but I think the EP would be better safe than sorry doing a lifestream or putting it on Lifetime or something so people could watch in the privacy of their own homes.

Right! I totally understand that these are very passionate kids but that level of obsession is never good. I try to understand but I have just never been that way so I can't. Sure I have adored certain people and have loved watching or meeting them but some of these "fans" are just unhealthy.

Good grief, it's as if we just spent two hours watching youtube cheer competition videos filmed in a CAVE. I loved the behind-the-scenes portions. Loved Top Gun and thought ACE photographed really well. Disliked the film's low production value, narration, lack of story line/focus, and did I mention the poor LIGHTING? Weird, awkward pauses, odd edits. It felt amateur. I was so distracted by the rings of white light in all the interviewees irises. That and the fact that half of them looked like they'd just dragged out of bed after an all-night bender. What's up with the bloodshot eyes, people? Lack of sleep? Elaine looked fresh, though. Loved that it did portray the athleticism and strong team bonds. Also liked what Courtney Pope had to say about life-long friends/bridesmaids. Mostly a miss for me--I was expecting something really different.

Last edited:
I was also expecting more background info. The only athletes highlighted were the tglc guy and the girls from SE. I didn't see much info on any other team. A look at warm ups or practices or just things we so t normally see would have been great. I also agree with the statements on the camera angles. It was confusing at times and you couldn't see the pyramids. I don't think I would pay for this again next year unless the format was changed a bit.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I love Wc & I loved finally seeing baby Harlow!

I love the way BSB coaches coach. It's nice to know that another gym always talks about being mentally tough.
Oh and Cali black ops is the tea.

It drives me crazy when people make any noises during or clap at the end of movies, even if it was a cheer movie, I know I'm a party pooper. Id let it pass for just clapping in this case, but if someone had started screaming or crying I would have got up and left, looks like the crowd deserved the best emotions award from the stories you guys are telling.

I thought it was fun. The kids in the theater clapped to the dances and cheered for the routines. I do wish the camera was further back and the movement of it made me feel a little sick. I'm usually just a fan of my own kid's team, but Top Gun took my breath away.

Like many others that posted, I felt it was a little difficult to get a feel for how the routine really looked due to odd camera angles. And like others, I would have enjoyed more behind the scenes. You saw a lot about a few gyms and then nothing about others. There was no insight into the scoring of the teams or even the fact that this was a "competition unlike any other". Some editing issues showed up but under the circumstances I'm not surprised. I'm amazed they had anything in the theaters with the time they had.

It was entertaining to watch the talent of the teams and well worth the money spent to see it. There were plenty of seats available in the theater. But to be honest we went to a theater in an area where there are no All Star Gyms in the vicinity so that's not too surprising.

The voice over narrator was Ron Pearlman...
Nfinity Champions League Cheerleading Event (2014) - IMDb
Ron Perlman - IMDb
You may know him from Hellboy, Sons of Anarchy, Percy Jackson....
I was actually more impressed they got a big name actor to do the voiceover work then anything else. I have also heard from a parent whose child competed that the movie will be available on Itunes as well.

Back