All-Star Cheer Night Out - Champions Leauge

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Felt like an extended marketing piece aimed at a non-cheer audience, like you could use it to sell cheer products. Noticed some interesting product placements like, TRAX on the Brandon All-Stars coaches/owners shirts. I find it hard to believe that anyone non cheer related would say hey let's go see that movie about cheerleading...
The camera angles etc were horrible. I wanted to actually SEE the routines.
The behind the scenes stuff was enjoyable.
As others have said some scoring info would have been nice.

Question...Did those gyms pay some sort of investment $$$ to be involved? That was the implication at the end when they were talking about the 18 having faith etc.

Last edited:
Felt like an extended marketing piece aimed at a non-cheer audience, like you could use it to sell cheer products. Noticed some interesting product placements like, TRAX on the Brandon All-Stars coaches/owners shirts. I find it hard to believe that anyone non cheer related would say hey let's go see that movie about cheerleading...
The camera angles etc were horrible. I wanted to actually SEE the routines.
The behind the scenes stuff was enjoyable.
As others have said some scoring info would have been nice.

Question...Did those gyms pay some sort of investment $$$ to be involved? That was the implication at the end when they were talking about the 18 having faith etc.

I noticed that too! "Wait - is he wearing a sponsor shirt? Illusive Apparel on one side and Extreme Traxx on the other - nothing about Brandon."

I actually don't think it was geared towards non-cheerleaders at all. There was no commentary of the performances, no explanation of scoring or divisions.

But after thinking about it some more, I just don't think this was the right format for a cheerleading competition. If you want to make a documentary, stick to following, at most, 4 teams. Otherwise film it like the broadcasts are on tv - with a commentator and mostly front on camera angles.

I don't know if the gyms paid anything to be involved, but IIRC there was some sort of profit-sharing going on, and I know the gyms themselves had a ton of involvement of the planning of the event.

I thought this was a great opportunity for younger children who look up to those F5ers, Orange Rays, Stars, etc. to see their favorites on the big screen. I've never seen my own cheerleaders so excited to finish a season and start on the next one because they "want to do that!"
If it lights a fire under their butts, then by all means, lets show it again! Every Susie in this gym will be tic-tocking and double fulling by May!

As most have said, I would've loved more behind the scenes of what it takes to be a champion (I don't mind a little sweat and tears), perhaps even practice mat and on decks with highlights of the actual performance. I liked footage of gym moments, and Eric's walk on the beach with his luggage gave me a giggle.
My husband asked how I liked it, and the best way I could quickly put it was it was the most comfortable competition seats I've ever sat in. Wasn't expecting so much of the routine since you get that all season, but whatever... It's fun for the kids.

Couple more thoughts- inside cheerleading magazine commercial at the beginning was SO awkward! Anyone?!
And, I feel bad for the people doing close up interviews... Camera crew should've told them to pluck their nose hairs.

Last edited:
Ok so here's my one "negative Nancy" comment.

All week everyone has been posting about how this event wasn't celebrating cheerlebrities and that I was wrong in saying that. They said "the whole team walked the red carpet." and "they weren't focusing on cheerlebrities - they were celebrating the whole team. It was a beautiful thing" etc etc etc

I go to the movie and what do I see? Big surprise...the longest montage ever on the Fab 5. And no one else at SE gets mentioned. I know that no one from that team would ever dare say anything other than unicorns and rainbows... but really? The Fab 5 again?

(The girl I took with me asked me at least 5 times what was so special about them and why they were trying to make a story out of nothing - she kept saying "But I don't get it... what's different about them?")

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

The voice over narrator was Ron Pearlman...
Nfinity Champions League Cheerleading Event (2014) - IMDb
Ron Perlman - IMDb
You may know him from Hellboy, Sons of Anarchy, Percy Jackson....
I was actually more impressed they got a big name actor to do the voiceover work then anything else. I have also heard from a parent whose child competed that the movie will be available on Itunes as well.

I saw Ron Perlman's name pop up as the narrator and I thought, was it THAT Ron Perlman? I'm a huge SOA fan and I didn't recognize his voice at all. lol

Ok so here's my one "negative Nancy" comment.
I go to the movie and what do I see? Big surprise...the longest montage ever on the Fab 5. And no one else at SE gets mentioned. I know that no one from that team would ever dare say anything other than unicorns and rainbows... but really? The Fab 5 again?

(The girl I took with me asked me at least 5 times what was so special about them and why they were trying to make a story out of nothing - she kept saying "But I don't get it... what's different about them?")

Shortened just to mention the part relevant to my question. So, who exactly is in this "Fab 5"? Not the actual names of the girls (I do not care about that at all), but what exactly qualifies them as this special group? Are they the only seniors? Have they been with the program the longest? I'm assuming they mentioned this in the movie, which I didn't see, so that's why I'm asking you. I've never really cared enough before to find out what made them the "Fab 5", but now I'm curious.

Shortened just to mention the part relevant to my question. So, who exactly is in this "Fab 5"? Not the actual names of the girls (I do not care about that at all), but what exactly qualifies them as this special group? Are they the only seniors? Have they been with the program the longest? I'm assuming they mentioned this in the movie, which I didn't see, so that's why I'm asking you. I've never really cared enough before to find out what made them the "Fab 5", but now I'm curious.
I don't even think they mentioned if they were seniors but they have been cheering together for years. That part didn't bother me really, but I don't follow the cheerlebrities as it is so I didn't know them anyway.

I don't even think they mentioned if they were seniors but they have been cheering together for years. That part didn't bother me really, but I don't follow the cheerlebrities as it is so I didn't know them anyway.

they're the 5 girls who have won all 3 worlds with senior elite

they're the 5 girls who have won all 3 worlds with senior elite

Ashley's right they are all Senior's and have been with the program for 13/14 and 15 year's. Obviously those in our camp enjoyed that part.......being a 13 year CEA family ourselves I feel their dedication to CEA warranted the focus. Perspective I guess. In addition to that they've been the leaders on the team the last 2 years and those of us that have watched them grow up really enjoyed the piece. I'll miss them!!!

adding this.....it's not just their longevity that warranted the focus, I don't want to imply that. Their skills do which showed that during the routine. These girls are amazing stunters, flyers tumblers and performers. (As are girls from other teams.......they're all amazing)

Last edited:
Back