All-Star Cheer Night Out - Champions Leauge

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Agreed. That was a beautiful moment and I'm so glad it was captured. It gave me chills watching, almost like it was something so emotional/personal/intimate that I shouldn't see it. I wish that segment was in the movie. It spoke volumes. (And not just that clip, that whole 2 minute and some odd second video).

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

ugh it was beautiful. between the top gun coaches and the world cup coaches, that was just so awesome to watch and i'm sure the kids on those teams will cherish this clip, in particular, forever. there is no feeling like making your coaches that proud.

I noticed this as well. She doesn't actually tumble at all apart from jumps to back and it's pretty obvious since there is so much focus on her. But she does cheer on the team for the entire performance and seems to be a great motivator which can be a good thing. But the movie editing definitely highlighted her for no other reason than she is a cheerlebrity which is still the one thing that bugs me about the CL and these types of events, just giving more attention to certain athletes that already get plenty of attention, and not always for surperior athletic ability.
I'm surprised she doesn't fly more in their routine. I haven't seen a video of them recently but if I remember right doesn't she just do like a toss hands lib or stretch in the opening, a basket, and the middle in the pyramid? I always though she look great in the air, so graceful for being a tall flyer.

I personally enjoyed it overall. Not many at the theater, but a lot of cheer kids from local gyms. I brought my mom with me and since we aren't around cheer as much as we used to be it was awesome to go to a movie and see some of our favorite teams perform on the big screen. I would definitely go again if they did it next year, and maybe even try to get some friends to go who have heard me talk about all star basically my entire life but still have no idea what I am talking about lol. You can only explain so much to a non-cheer person!

some fairly unknown team named smoed performing at CL...

didn't go see it but can already tell from this 2 minute video there were some weird angles. i feel so awkward being forced to look at people's body and not being able to see their face..

I didn't like it. The creative camera shot made me dizzy and I really wanted to see the routine the way they are intended to be seen from the front. And the programs that weren't shown did not change there music and that really wasn't cool because I was over seeing 5 Cali Allstar teams

I didn't like it. The creative camera shot made me dizzy and I really wanted to see the routine the way they are intended to be seen from the front. And the programs that weren't shown did not change there music and that really wasn't cool because I was over seeing 5 Cali Allstar teams

Yeah... It gave me a headache. I didn't get to see some of my favorite parts from the routine because of the weird camera angles. It was kinda cool though to see the athletes up close while performing, and it really made me appreciate Britini Love. A lot of flyers were smiling in the air but had a look of fear in their eyes like "dear god keep me in the air!" But Love, dang, she's so solid and clean and confident with everything. The movie did make me love GT Rouge.
But I wouldn't see it in theaters again. Probably because I am just a cranky person and had a long day, but I was the first person in the theater and five minutes till it started a mom and daughter with huge hair and a cheerlebrity bow sat down DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF ME. With literally over 200 empty seats. Rude. And then an local all star team with youth/junior aged kids came in late and wanted to stunt and tumble in the aisles and were so loud behind me. Like hush. This is a movie theater. Not a live competition. There is no reason to cheer and yell because you saw a cheerlebrity. Soooo... I'll pass next year. I like the idea of it being in theaters and getting exposure, but let's be real here, how many people were in your theater who aren't involved with cheer? Someone who doesn't have a friend or a family member in cheer and went because they saw a preview and thought to go see it? Because I'm guessing none. So I really think this didn't do much but put these premier level 5 athletes on a bigger pedestal because now they're "movie stars." Good concept, but unfortunately I do not think it gained the non-cheer world cheer exposure everyone was hoping for.
And I'm not faulting the gyms or athletes, that's not what they did this for. But having experienced first hand with all the kids that screamed behind me, it definitely made them a bit more cheerlebrity, big gym crazed.

So many cut off heads!! Was the whole movie like this? So annoying! Pretty sure my grandma could have done a better job filming and fitting the whole picture into the screen.

didn't go see it but can already tell from this 2 minute video there were some weird angles. i feel so awkward being forced to look at people's body and not being able to see their face..

i highly doubt that's how the movie looked/will look.

pretty sure this was due to the phone camera used and because the person was sitting so close to the screen. even pro pirates who take in good cameras have trouble fitting in the entire screen.

So many cut off heads!! Was the whole movie like this? So annoying! Pretty sure my grandma could have done a better job filming and fitting the whole picture into the screen.

I will say that yes overall there were times where the movie did cut heads off in an attempt to get an "interesting shot" or they just clearly didn't know how to film baskets. There were also moments when they cut off most their bodies and they were just shoulders/heads and the CL logo in the back. For the most part though I think the person filming that video did lots of head cutting off. I can remember seeing more of the smoed video than that video showed (head cutting off wise!)

Back