All-Star "cheer" On Cmt Offical Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

You're absolutely right. I guess this is where the reality show scripting/editing rears it's little head. They did still win Grand Champs though.
http://n1media1.files1.jamspiritsites.com/49487/21197064654f67426e8f4bd.pdf
It is certainly no reflection on CJAs performance, but reflects badly on CMT that they are stooping to that level, up to now I have been impressed with how they have given what appears to be an honest portrayal, hopefully we won't see any more of that kind of editing, so unnecessary!

It is certainly no reflection on CJAs performance, but reflects badly on CMT that they are stooping to that level, up to now I have been impressed with how they have given what appears to be an honest portrayal, hopefully we won't see any more of that kind of editing, so unnecessary!
Haha you obviously don't know how reality television works. ;)

Yeah, but how good would it be for TV to have a team that doesn't really compete against anyone except at 2 or 3 competitions?

Yeah, but how good would it be for TV to have a team that doesn't really compete against anyone except at 2 or 3 competitions?
It wouldn't be good for tv drama or for cheer in general to show that on tv, but we in cheer world know its not uncommon (although I was surprised to hear there was not one other SSAG at the Trenton comp). If they had made a big deal about them not having any competition I can see lay people who were watching asking "what do you mean they got first place at a competition when they weren't competing against anyone?" Even DH asked why they would bother going if they knew they weren't competing against anyone, and I had to explain that every comp they go to provides another chance to perfect that routine in front of an audience so that they're that much more ready for the next big comp. Also comps are usually planned and paid for so far in advance you usually don't even know until that week who else your team is competing against.

Loving this show so much! I love that we're getting to see not only PA's personality and style of leadership, but also that of the girls on the team! Lexi, her fellow captains, and the entire team have such great qualities and team chemistry, and it's great to see how close they are. Can't wait for next weeks episode, I really wanna know what the surprise is for PA!

I bet if you asked PA, the story behind Trenton wasn't the competition (or lack there of) but the added difficulty and getting ready for the next big comp (Atlantis?). I think CMT could have done a quality show without the fictional competition against 2 other SSAG teams that don't exist. Just tells me that CMT doesn't really get it, oh well. Still enjoying the show.

I bet if you asked PA, the story behind Trenton wasn't the competition (or lack there of) but the added difficulty and getting ready for the next big comp (Atlantis?). I think CMT could have done a quality show without the fictional competition against 2 other SSAG teams that don't exist. Just tells me that CMT doesn't really get it, oh well. Still enjoying the show.
Especially since they just increased the difficulty level of the pyramid - Baltimore would not be the place where they wanted to first try it out. But exactly, CMT doesn't get it. But really who does outside of cheer world?

All of the parts for the first episode play perfect for me, so hopefully cutting episode 3 into separate parts will make it play better. Thank you :)
Thanks for checking. I re-did them and they still had lag. Really seems to be hit or miss with Vimeo based on other user comments there. I did try a different encoding, and they appear fine for me. So see if these work for you.

If the only complaint is making it seem like there is competition when there isn't, I am perfectly OK with it. That is just one of those things that makes a good story for the non-cheer folk. With the quality of the rest of the show, I don't mind throwing that bit of truth under the bus.

I think CMT has figured out the formula for creating a reality show that caters to both the cheer and non-cheer people.

Back