All-Star "cheer" On Cmt Offical Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My daughter was in warm ups with them at NCA. She said there were camera's back there with them. I don't know what that means exactly - but she said there were cameras. She was injured so she was not warming up - so she saw the cameras and walked by them. Maybe they couldn't film the actual NCA performance?

I understand what you are saying. I hope you can find a way to enjoy the rest of the series.
It wasn't a bad show by any means. Interesting enough to keep me watching? I don't know. At least good enough to record and decide later.

Hopefully they maintain the same type of status quo. They did a good job of keeping the silliness and dramatics under control. The more a show focuses on the drama and antics, the less it matters what the subject matter even is, and becomes like every other show.

That sounds fair. Good that you will give it a chance. Not expecting it to win a Peabody, but definitely not gonna be Jersey Shore either. I love all star cheer. I am the one who watches all the teams from tinys all the way up. I play other teans cheer mixes in my car and watch there videos on youtube!! I know I would watch even if it wasn't my gym. So I'm all in. We are all so giddy and ecited., but as an outsider, I'm definitely interested in your opinion. Thanks for being honest and not cruel!

No I am not saying that. I don't think they were able to film at the actual event at NCA. Someone said something similar to the World Cup documentary. Just like the music, they are only using the voice overs and not the actual cheer mix. I have no idea how or what they are going to show. I just was making the point that they do go to NCA, not just the other comp and I was told it was because of footage. But as far as how it goes, I am completely clueless. When you see it, I see it.

The mom they showed is a sweet, bubbly lady and she is ALWAYS like that. She always has a smile on her face and she is hilarious! I thought it was a cute way to show the rules, they could have easily read the rules and left it as that, but we all liked it. I'm just glad if that is the sum of cheer mama drama they can show at CJA, then it's all good.

What state are you in? Maybe we can to a meet up this season!! I met some really great parents from other gyms this year! Looking forward to meeting more!!
NY and I'd love to meet some parents from here at comps. A couple of the moms from my old gym jumped into your gym's spontaneous Electric Slide dance party while we were waiting for awards at Return to Atlantis last season, it was fun to watch.
And amen to that, if that's the most drama they can muster up with your parents, more power to CJA.

NY and I'd love to meet some parents from here at comps. A couple of the moms from my old gym jumped into your gym's spontaneous Electric Slide dance party while we were waiting for awards at Return to Atlantis last season, it was fun to watch.
And amen to that, if that's the most drama they can muster up with your parents, more power to CJA.
Ha!! Return to Atlantis was soooo much fun. We did the electric slide, cha cha slide, macarena and our version of YMCA that we turn to CJA - they always play that at comps for us. We are a zany bunch! Last year was my first year at CJA and the fun was unbelievable!! I can't wait for the season to start!!

Only thing at the meetup, you have to join in on any dancing!!! It's mandatiry!!! Patty Ann will be taking notes!!!!!

Ha!! Return to Atlantis was soooo much fun. We did the electric slide, cha cha slide, macarena and our version of YMCA that we turn to CJA - they always play that at comps for us. We are a zany bunch! Last year was my first year at CJA and the fun was unbelievable!! I can't wait for the season to start!!

Only thing at the meetup, you have to join in on any dancing!!! It's mandatiry!!! Patty Ann will be taking notes!!!!!

Loved the show. With shows like Cheer Prefection coming out, Cheer will balance the crazy out.
I do have one nitpick thing..Why do some of the girls wear ponytails and others do half-up/half-down? Is it all the flyers wear half-up and the base wear ponytails or is it just pick your own hair style? Just wondering!

I'm guessing, particularly since they show NCA and such on TV, that their might be an issue with getting the rights to film. That's why they only show the regular Varsity-video versions and not their own footage. Their only footage being behind-the-scenes, glimpses of coaches, warm ups, etc

I'm guessing, particularly since they show NCA and such on TV, that their might be an issue with getting the rights to film. That's why they only show the regular Varsity-video versions and not their own footage. Their only footage being behind-the-scenes, glimpses of coaches, warm ups, etc

I'm guessing you're right. In the Twinkles doc, they showed back stage, awards, inside the arena, and warm ups (when the girl decided not to tictock) they just used varsity's footage of the actual performance.

Back