All-Star Cheer Perfection 12/19/12

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Very true. Also while the routine is mostly the same, this isn't the same team as the regular season team, this was just a fun team put together for south padre (and we got beat by tribe . Big so to Ja-Mez )
While I'm still on the team, it is my only official association with the gym I do occasionally help them and several other arkansas gym with legalities as I'm the only local safety judge. I also have numerous friends that cheer and coach for them.

While everyone is entitled to their opinion, I would say is take a step back and realize where the entire industry was not too long ago. While I'm not defending them, they are making great strides improving the gym. I do not agree 100% with how they teach or run their program, but I could say the same about a bunch of big programs that I look up too, just have differing opinions with. I'm not saying not to criticize or critique, because when RD and Alisha made this decision they opened themselves up to it. Just keep things in perspective while you do.

And I also want to know that while cheer is small in arkansas, there are two big gyms (cheer force and cheer city united) and more smaller gyms (TNT, PCA, gym stars, CU and more that come to mind) who do not operate like this and who things in a much different manner. Do not judge the entire state of an ill conceived tv show
To your comment to take a look at where cheer was not too long ago...........most of us involved in cheer ARE trying to make it better and shame on Alisha, RD, and all the parents involved for signing up for this show and putting their children on it. This show is definately not helping to improve the opinions of the sport of cheer to those who do not know how great the sport really is.

I actually enjoy the show for the most part. I think Alisha is a good person but doesnt seem to drill them on the small things (spacing,timing, formations, feet together etc..). You can tell she loves it but she needs to put those moms in check. I think with time her teams will become successful because there are talented girls there.

Speculating that there is any "reality" in this show, I think Alisha purposely didn't make a CD of the music so she could have an excuse when they bombed. And the mom that berated her kid on her tumbling after that performance, Hello, they were on ground, not a spring floor. What did she really expect?

Speculating that there is any "reality" in this show, I think Alisha purposely didn't make a CD of the music so she could have an excuse when they bombed. And the mom that berated her kid on her tumbling after that performance, Hello, they were on ground, not a spring floor. What did she really expect?
I just watched it online and that was my exact thought.

"She had crazy backyard tumbling"

Um, hello but correct me if I'm wrong....she was outside....on grass.

I watched it online (I have ADD at times myself and could not sit through all of that). That was a hot mess of something.

• Put the parents behind glass away from the gym floor away from the team while they practice.
  • I heard "adult movie" music a lot in the background of some of the show
  • If your cp does their routine for a crowd, as their parent, you praise them. Period. I don't care how much they mess up. You still tell them they did great. If they are that upset, you tell them to try hard and better luck next time. You tell them you are proud of them. You are their parent. It is your job to build them up and encourage them. Leave the coaching stuff to the coaches. Performing infront of a crowd is hard on the nerves.
  • If you cannot be nice to those around you, do not watch your cp at the gym. Go get some coffee or go shopping or something else.
  • Parents should just be parents and let the coaches be coaches. Sheesh.

I watched it online (I have ADD at times myself and could not sit through all of that). That was a hot mess of something.

• Put the parents behind glass away from the gym floor away from the team while they practice.
  • I heard "adult movie" music a lot in the background of some of the show
  • If your cp does their routine for a crowd, as their parent, you praise them. Period. I don't care how much they mess up. You still tell them they did great. If they are that upset, you tell them to try hard and better luck next time. You tell them you are proud of them. You are their parent. It is your job to build them up and encourage them. Leave the coaching stuff to the coaches. Performing infront of a crowd is hard on the nerves.
  • If you cannot be nice to those around you, do not watch your cp at the gym. Go get some coffee or go shopping or something else.
  • Parents should just be parents and let the coaches be coaches. Sheesh.
What fun would a reality show like that be?

This show is Insane!!!!! I watched for about 3-5 mins, and that was minutes that I wasted!!!!!!...........parents on the floor??? Many altercations in the gym, and in front of the kids!!!?? This show is a JOKE!!!!!! never again will it get my attention!!!.......:fro:

I would never throw a routine full out on a BASEBALL FIELD!

That's just asking for an injury... especially duing the running tumbling.

I have video of my daughter's mini team from last season doing their routine at halftime of a basketball game - on a gym floor, no mat. Most of the kids did their tumbling and all the stunts went up.

I think Cheer Perfection is what TLC wanted and was interested in, girls going against girls, mom drama and all. While, CMT wanted to keep to family values and telling the inspirational stories of the relationship a coach has with her girls.

Right. This is not supposed to be about an elite team trying to win a major competition. This is a show by the makers of toddlers and tiaras who met a pageant mom/cheer gym owner and thought that could be another avenue to follow their mama drama. This is toddlers and tiaras with Nfinitys and bows.

Back