All-Star Cheer Perfection 12/19/12

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Guys really? How much of this is real and how much is scripted? Didn't I read from someone that Extreme Moms did several retakes until it was crazy enough? Some ppl will do anything for money, even throw their kids under the bus. They consider this acting. It's a sad shame.

I agree with so many posters about the coach and her lack of proper coaching. What kills me even more is when the coach gives them crap to perform on the mat and just doesn't bother to care about getting their music for them. She comes down on these youth kids and the moms sit there like drone bobble head dolls nodding in agreement with the coach. What!?? I would be tearing that coach up the minute they lit into my kid after that performance. They need to come up north and see how that's done. lol!

Guys really? How much of this is real and how much is scripted? Didn't I read from someone that Extreme Moms did several retakes until it was crazy enough? Some ppl will do anything for money, even throw their kids under the bus. They consider this acting. It's a sad shame.

the sad part of it is there are so many strains of truth in these rehearsed scenes. I've seen much of this in the years I was in cheer. Mostly in one gym that I got out of after about 5 years. It was then that I learned that when you have good strong coaches that produce quality teams, the kids are happy and the parents are happy. once that happens the drama almost all goes away.

When my cp was on youth team, there was a group of moms we called "the full club". They sat over in the corner and u didn't go over until ur cp got a full. And if ur cp lost that full, ur were out. Those moms would openly talk about the kids and even openly question why some were on the team. No one said anything to them. A few of us stayed away when our cp's got their fulls but there were some that wanted to sit with them so badly. Not at that gym anymore but have heard the "club" is still going strong.

I thought this show was quite...hmmm how should I say interesting? personally I do think they have some talented girls on their team. What really blows my mind is the fact that Alisha (the coach) has her one daughter cambree who is 4 (maybe 5) on the team. That's a little young. Yes she is a very talent girl but the rest of the girls are at least 8-11.

Now as for her other daughter Cassadee, she actually has level 5 skills, so why is she on a level 2 team let alone at that gym...she would be amazing on another team based on her skills. I got curious after watching the show and youtubed some videos and found these:

the 2nd one was 3 years ago! so imagine her now!

I'm telling you, I saw them acting like this in Ohio, with no cameras on them, with my own eyes. There were a couple sitting by the bathroom charging their phones talking smack like it was their job.

The bottom line is it is a TV show and some of the show is scripted. If there was not drama it would not be watched. The sad truth is, there are teams today who have their level 5's compete level 2. This show just sends a bad name to everyone involved in cheer. All I can say- is I appreciate my cp's gym more than ever!

This is an embarrassment to the sport. Any EP that allows them to be filmed should have there head examined. Except for Cheertech. They will fit together nicely.
I was thinking the same thing about Xtreme Spirit. Oh wait, that episode is coming up...

CTR was at an Xtreme Spirit competition we were at. It was a tiny competition in Palatine, IL. There were cameras everywhere and they were having parents sign release forms. I had no idea what it was about at the time, so I signed it, thinking it was some sort of cheer documentary. Our girls competed directly against them (youth 2) - they were the only two teams in their division. It was a total cluster, train wreck and we were all wondering why a random team from AR would travel to IL for such a random, small competition. I guess I see now why they got level and grand champions :rolleyes:

ok, so i didn't watch this show last season because we had "cut the cord" with cable so without being able to watch it via hulu or netflix i was in the dark. we have cable again and recorded it last night in hopes that it might be a show that me and cp could watch together. i watched it by myself and was horrified.

WTH is wrong with these moms? telling her kid the team that SHE wants her on? hello!!! it is not up to you, this isn't your sport. and then other moms working together to get kids off of a team? what the he** is wrong with them. these women and their families should be embarassed at how they are acting.

youth silver being an elite team? i am all for showcasing a lower level team for once, but to call it the elite team in the gym? is it elite because she coaches it and her daughters are on the team? i guess whatever team her kids are on will be the elite team. it looked like her daughter was 11, i wonder what will happend when she turns 12 next year. will that team turn then turn into the elite team?

i really have no desire to watch this show again. i mean, if you guys watch it and talk about it then i probably will so i can share in the converstation but sweet jesus!

Back