Cheer Perfection, Wrap Up Of First Season And New Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Actually I think it is becoming more common especially given the age of this team and the chance that this could have been a broken nose or serious injury. I have been to multiple comps where an injury occurs and that coach is on the mat to take care of an athlete. I applaud the coach putting athletes first comp second. I don't think it would be a deduction as it was the coaches way of stopping the routine which falls into the USASF rules for Routine Stoppage.

Routine Interuption | USASF Rules Site

Thanks for the info. :) It was my impression that competition staff and medical personnel are there for the very reason that the possibility for serious injury is inherent to the sport. Isn't that why there are safety judges posted around the performance floor and medics behind the curtain?

Sent from my HTCONE using Fierce Board mobile app

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!
We went onto a mat a couple years ago. Now mind you it was right in front of us, did not disturb anything and our girls finished the routine the best they could. Our girl was having problems with her heart beating too fast so she blacked out. We got her off while the giving the medic that was there a heart attack. She thought she had tumbled and hit her head so she was freaking we loved her. But everything ended well for the girl she learned some exercises to get her heart healthy again.
I'm glad she was okay and in that scenario, it is understandable. However, it is kind of scary that the medic was panicky. They are supposed to be trained to handle emergencies.

Thanks for the info. :) It was my impression that competition staff and medical personnel are there for the very reason that the possibility for serious injury is inherent to the sport. Isn't that why there are safety judges posted around the performance floor and medics behind the curtain?

sometimes there are no trained medical personnel at competitions.

Cheer Dad = broke dad

I have found that there is a medic corner but not necessarily right behind the curtain - usually much further away. Also as the coach who cares and knows theses kids I would expect a coach to be able to better ascertain if a child is in a crisis or immediate medical care situation versus someone who does not know these kids and is looking at the team as a whole. Meaning a coach knows this routine and team backwards and forwards - something minor might stand out to them so much faster than a safety judge who has never seen this routine or team.

I guess I have been blessed to have coaches who consider my kids their kids as well and I have no doubt they would jump on the stage if they felt a child was in danger or needed medical care regardless of anything else. I know coaches at other gyms who I know would do the same.

Went searching for details on safety judge. Does not look as if their primary focus is to stop the routine for injury. I am sure they would do that as well if the situation occurs - I would hope.
  • A safety judge will be responsible to detect, record, and report rules violations committed during a team’s performance

Cheer Dad = broke dad

I have never been to a comp where there was no medical personnel...wow. Don't think I would want our kids competing there either!!

We will be at the Reliant this weekend for NCA Lonestar Classic. Their medical personnel will be located in a room near the lobby, not directly behind the curtain. Just have to ask around if not sure.

Cheer Dad = broke dad
Now that is a competition I would not want to be part of. That's just downright scary.
*off to research sanctioning regs* One would think that would be a requirement for a sanctioned event.

I am glad this discussion came about. Definitely some food for thought.

Now that is a competition I would not want to be part of. That's just downright scary.
*off to research sanctioning regs* One would think that would be a requirement for a sanctioned event.

I am glad this discussion came about. Definitely some food for thought.

Let us know if you find anything.

Cheer Dad = broke dad

I think looking back at the rules for pulling an athlete that at a USASF sanctioned event you would have to have medical personnel. See below all 3 must give clearance so then there must be event medical personnel present.

I tried to find more specific details but could not off hand in a fairly quick search medical safety requirements at a sanctioned event. Funny because the rules on specifics for appearance are more detailed and easy to find then details as to what EP of a sanctioned USASF event must have in the way of medical care. But general safety rules were pretty well explained regarding coaches and athletes. BUT I would like to know if they have EMS trained, basic, or advanced or head injury trained (the rules does explain with head injury that athlete must be cleared by someone trained in head injury but it does not say that such a person must be present). It feels like details for us and gyms very much present but EPs not so much. I would like to see some more requirements there. Anyways this is what I did see:
  1. An Injured Participant may not return to the competition floor unless the competition officials receive clearance from all of the representatives listed below:
    1. Event Medical Personnel attending to that participant
    2. Parent/Guardian (if present)
    3. Head Coach/Gym Owner of competing team

I think looking back at the rules for pulling an athlete that at a USASF sanctioned event you would have to have medical personnel. See below all 3 must give clearance so then there must be event medical personnel present.

I tried to find more specific details but could not off hand in a fairly quick search medical safety requirements at a sanctioned event. Funny because the rules on specifics for appearance are more detailed and easy to find then details as to what EP of a sanctioned USASF event must have in the way of medical care. But general safety rules were pretty well explained regarding coaches and athletes. BUT I would like to know if they have EMS trained, basic, or advanced or head injury trained (the rules does explain with head injury that athlete must be cleared by someone trained in head injury but it does not say that such a person must be present). It feels like details for us and gyms very much present but EPs not so much. I would like to see some more requirements there. Anyways this is what I did see:
  1. An Injured Participant may not return to the competition floor unless the competition officials receive clearance from all of the representatives listed below:
    1. Event Medical Personnel attending to that participant
    2. Parent/Guardian (if present)
    3. Head Coach/Gym Owner of competing team

Thank you for sharing. My laptop is out of commission and searching USASF on my phone is cumbersome.

Too bad you won't focus more on the kids and less on the made for TV momma drama crud. That takes away more credibility from the show and the gym than does claiming everyone, including those with solid upper level skills, dream and strive to cross down to a made for tv Youth 2 team. Unfortunately your show will get viewers because it is unbelievable how funny it is.

Why not focus on a real team in the gym, do more realistic editing so it doesn't look like stunt groups are purposely dropping for the camera and leave the moms to an extreme minimum. Just might help the credibility within the cheer world. After all it worked for CJA and their show, right?Read the boards and see which show is more sought after.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!
I wish they did another show like following CJA...it was so much better to watch :)

I wish they did another show like following CJA...it was so much better to watch :)
Sadly though, the momma drama is what helps sell the show over something like Cheer witH CJA and keeps the people talking. if they didn't have the momma drama they couldn't be on TLC (The learning channel) and educate everyone on how AS cheer is. :eyeroll:

Cheer Dad = broke dad

Sadly though, the momma drama is what helps sell the show over something like Cheer witH CJA and keeps the people talking. if they didn't have the momma drama they couldn't be on TLC (The learning channel) and educate everyone on how AS cheer is. :eyeroll:

Cheer Dad = broke dad
or how pee can take the sting out of a flat iron burn :eek:

HI!!! USA Passion mom :) First I'd like to say...the kids and coach were soooo INVITED into that room!!! :p They even had to do like a "take two" for missing a certain door to go into..haha...it was shocking to see how they made us look but.....what do you do...it is for sure TV!!! Those two teams spent more than an hour hanging out...stunting talking socializing.... they took how many few mins? *sighs*

Back