Cheer Perfection, Wrap Up Of First Season And New Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have not watched this season. Gave up last season when that mean mom said 'Yo momma' two episodes in a row. That is when I drew the line. :) But if you made the cut, I may break down and watch it!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Wow just finished watching this finale. I cannot believe those youth silver parents...there is no crying in cheerleading:confused:;)

I could not get over their reactions. Talk about setting examples for their kids. Really? You're going to sob like a baby like that? Every single athlete in that arena worked hard all season and wanted to do well. I felt like I was watching a town league competition what with the CTR parents' tears and the coach jumping up on the stage.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if they came to US Finals on a full-paid bid? I was wondering that as I was watching the ep.

Aisha needs to step up her competition game. Those parents and kids are so misguided to think that performance was 1st place quality...SMH! This is what happens when you compete at the same comps/teams. When you go outside of your comfort zone reality smacks you in the face every time!

The whole deduction drama is just part of our sport!

I simply watch this show as a guilty-pleasure (kind of like a trainwreck). It makes me feel better on how I handle my CP and how the gym handles my CP. One of the reasons that I took my daughter out of her old gym was because of all of the yelling that the coaches did to the kids. I don't understand how these parents can just sit and watch the coaches talk to their CPs the way they do.

I also think that these coaches put too much emphasis on winning. Yes, a win is wonderful. But IMO, these CPs are there to do their best and have fun on stage. Awards are just icing on the cake.

CTR needs to teach their kids on how to lose gracefully. The parents definitely need some help on that as well.

I simply watch this show as a guilty-pleasure (kind of like a trainwreck). It makes me feel better on how I handle my CP and how the gym handles my CP. One of the reasons that I took my daughter out of her old gym was because of all of the yelling that the coaches did to the kids. I don't understand how these parents can just sit and watch the coaches talk to their CPs the way they do.

I also think that these coaches put too much emphasis on winning. Yes, a win is wonderful. But IMO, these CPs are there to do their best and have fun on stage. Awards are just icing on the cake.

CTR needs to teach their kids on how to lose gracefully. The parents definitely need some help on that as well.
again 10,000 shimmies - guilty pleasure - yes, hopefully better parent (most of the time) - yes.

I don't mind coaches yelling if it is in the right context - yell to give instruction, yell to be heard, yell to get their attention. what you yell - another story altogether - constructive points ok - Positive or negative. "Good timing on that pass" & "need to be quicker". "If you fall I will replace you" - NO!!!

BUT the out and out emphasis on only winning "first" and lack of sportsmanship - gracious in losing; humble in winning - very disappointing as a representative of this sport. And I am sorry to see that they are being made celebrities because of it.

They should have focused on the fact that those scores were the highest that they had ever received in every area even with the legality. Put a positive spin on it. Those coaches/parents should have been proud of those kids for that reason aline

Back