Cheer Pet Peeves?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

rivalries that turn nasty because of immature little girls that think theyre the next maddie gardner.

even though they dont even know who she is.

What are some of your cheer pet peeves?
Here are mine...

-When flyers aren't felxible enough to hold the bottom of their foot on a heelstretch, but instead hold their ankle.
-Jumps that have flexed feet and land their legs a mile wide apart.
-Slow tumblers.
-Walking into a competition arena and teams are walking around in their spankys and sports bra.
-Slow award ceremonies.
-Sloppy hair and makeup looks like its been thrown on at the last second.
-When flyers stick their elbows out on full downs/double downs.
-Bad and slow music.
-Not being ready (hair down, makeup not on, uniform off) when you get to the arena.
-Cowboyed out back tucks.
-Girls walking around with their uniform unzipped and skirts unbuttoned after the routine.
-Inconsiderate teams that walk infront of you in the middle of watching someones routine.
-Teams that take forever to get off the warm up mat.

Anyone else have pet peeves that are cheer related? :)

Yes, My number one pet peeve is when the 1st place team has no etiquette and they jump up and down when the 2nd place team is called because they know they have 1st....it's just rude! Let the 2nd place team have their glory!

My number one pet peeve is when the 1st place team has no etiquette and they jump up and down when the 2nd place team is called because they know they have 1st....it's just rude! Let the 2nd place team have their glory!

when people think standing clean is putting their hands under their but instead of on their seams. it looks like they are grabbing their but!!!!

Backs and bases who don't catch their flyers properly. If you don't catch her, who will? I let a flyer fall one time when I first tried cheerleading and the thought of doing it again scares the frig out of me, that's why I always do everything I can to keep my flyer as safe as possible and I taught that to my bases. It makes me mad when I see other sets almost drop their flyers, come on, be careful!

non flexible flyers and teams having amaizng stunts and tumbling then looking like a hot mess because they are not tight and when they flail their arms everywhere while transitioning.

1. Girls arriving with rollers in their hair.
2. Going to another gym to advance your tumbling .
3. People walking in front of the stage when a team is performing.
4. Saving more than 1 seat in the parent viewing area.

- Bases who spear DURING stunts (usually about boyfriends and/or other gossip)
- Stunts that fall for stupid reasons (see above)

Back