Cheer Pet Peeves?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It's not who is first or second...if a hs team doesn't compete, how could you classify it as a sport? Competition is one if the main tenets of sports. Can you think of a sport that is non-competitive?
You do have a point, but high school teams work just as hard as all stars teams, even if they don't compete. We have to follow the same safety rules when it comes to stunting and tumbling.

You do have a point, but high school teams work just as hard as all stars teams, even if they don't compete. We have to follow the same safety rules when it comes to stunting and tumbling.
mhm. but it's still not a sport. you have to be competing to be classified as a sport. Doesnt mean its not challenging or just as hard as allstars.

Flyers that don't stand, like at all.
The girls that are just doing competitive cheer to be called a cheerleader.
Drama starters.
The girls that change into their uniform when their in the stands.
I HATE seeing people changing in the stands! One time I saw this girl changing in the middle of the area with her mom holding a towel around her. It's just not classy.

Sorry, I got so preoccupied with replying to another comment that I didn't answer the actual thread, lol.

Pet Peeves:

1) Wearing Uggz while wearing your uniform........that irks me to my core!

Love your entire comment, plus I LOVE that you spell your name correctly!!!

2) Unzipped/unbuttoned uniforms. You're in public, please dress as such.

3) Athletes that talk to their parents like they are children or incompetent........I see this too often at competitions....NO RESPECT!

4) BAD SPORTMANSHIP: "If we didn't drop that stunt we would have won"............... oh get over it. You dropped it and you lost, don't try to minimize or belittle the other teams win. They hit and you didn't, better luck next time.

5) ILLEGAL PLAYERS: Gyms using illegal athletes on teams. It's not that serious........In the end, cheaters never prosper.

6) Rude Fans/Cheer Moms/Cheer Dads: No matter what the situation, there's no need to yell obscenities in a arena full of young athletes. There's no need to bash another gym in the stands. And there's def no reason to discuss the inner workings of your gym. Let in house issues remain in house........this is how rumors are started.

7) The "FAKE" Injury: The girl/guy that messes up in the routine (falls from a stunt, touch down on tumbling, etc) and in order to soften the blow, they fake an injury the moment the music ends, or they can't breathe all of a sudden. Why be so dramatic?? You messed up, try harder next time.

8) People that don't like F5 Jason! How can you NOT like him? He's amazing.......

9) Popcorn People: I can't stand when girls/guys are bouncing all over the floor. Just bouncing for no reason. Walking to their spot....they're bouncing. Coming out of a cradle......they're bouncing. Doing an approach for a jump....oh yes....you guessed it.....they're bouncing. STOP BOUNCING. You look like a Jumping Bean sheesh!

10) Mad Bumpers: LOL. I hate the people that get mad when you bump them while walking in the hallway of a national competition. Mind you, there's like 20,000 people here, and about half of them are walking in the hall right now. If you get bumped, just keep moving. You're not going to die because someone touched your uniform. I promise you still have your magical powers.

I'm going to stop at 10 but I could go on forever, lol.

Small teams who don't get equally cheared for because they aren't known!

Leveling down to win!
lol when i went to Dallas in 2009, i was on a small senior 4 team from a small gym from northern california, and we only brought one team to Dallas. the arena was SILENT. even watching videos, im like, wow it was quiet in there....

I actually like seeing people who don't fly pulling body positions at practice. It keeps the complacent fliers on their toes. Last year I replaced 2 fliers with previous bases because they were more flexible and worked for it more:)

We have had a couple of bases move to top positions this year because they are very flexible and even though they are bigger they are strong and do a good job holding their weight. My daughter was a backspot last season, started out this season a base and now she is flying.

Oh jeeez , here we go :
1. when people hate on other gyms because of one person
2. bad music/voiceovers or if the music is pretty much one song
3. when a stunt falls and it gets blamed on someone
4. when a stunt hits the floor WITH spotters
5. when a stunt starts to fall and instead of fighting the top bails
6. when people refuse to take out piercings on the competition floor
7. when a flyer is clearly not a flyer
8. when flyers aren't flexible with scorpions or scales and they legit look like dorito chips
9. when wrists are cocked in motions or flyers in stunts. ohmygod.
10. feet apart in sponges
11. reallllllllllllly sloopy doubles
12. when a team goes a certain level even when they're obviously not good enough
13. when team members dont show up for practice or are late
14.when coaches bash the team
15. having favourites on a team, especially when you dont deserve it
16. FLEXED FEET IN JUMPS AND TUMBLING

aaaaah. kai im done.

-When someone tries to tell you they "think" they know how to do something better than you, and, even though they've only been cheering for a year, and you've been cheering your whole life, they still feel the need to tell you how you're doing it all completely wrong...even though you're not...
-when people call BHS's "backflips"
-GIANT, UNPROFESSIONAL, OVERDONE, FLOPPY & UGLY BOWS.
^that one especially kills me because me and my mom have a professional bow company.

Back