Cheer Pet Peeves?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What are some of your cheer pet peeves?
Here are mine...

-When flyers aren't felxible enough to hold the bottom of their foot on a heelstretch, but instead hold their ankle.
-Jumps that have flexed feet and land their legs a mile wide apart.
-Slow tumblers.
-Walking into a competition arena and teams are walking around in their spankys and sports bra.
-Slow award ceremonies.
-Sloppy hair and makeup looks like its been thrown on at the last second.
-When flyers stick their elbows out on full downs/double downs.
-Bad and slow music.
-Not being ready (hair down, makeup not on, uniform off) when you get to the arena.
-Cowboyed out back tucks.
-Girls walking around with their uniform unzipped and skirts unbuttoned after the routine.
-Inconsiderate teams that walk infront of you in the middle of watching someones routine.
-Teams that take forever to get off the warm up mat.

Anyone else have pet peeves that are cheer related? :)
^ all of the above.
OH, and those days after a competition, when you have glitter stuck in your hair, and all over your face, but it just WONT. COME. OFF. oh that sucks.

When the (middle school) Principal calls to ask you if your child is sneaking around to put make-up on at school because she's never worn it before...but it is actually just the stained pink cheer eye make-up from the competition the day before. That actually happened a few years ago!

• Rude parents - these are kids and it's a sport but we can be nice to eachother!
  • Athletes that are NOT ready for competition OR late to arrive
  • Teams that get upset at eachother or pass blame
  • Parents that support the athletes that blame one another
  • Bases who want to be flyers and don't always do their part
  • Flyers who think they are better than anyone else on the team
After 5 years, I am sure that there are a ton of others but these are some of the big ones.

What are some of your cheer pet peeves?
Here are mine...

-When flyers aren't felxible enough to hold the bottom of their foot on a heelstretch, but instead hold their ankle.
-Jumps that have flexed feet and land their legs a mile wide apart.
-Slow tumblers.
-Walking into a competition arena and teams are walking around in their spankys and sports bra.
-Slow award ceremonies.
-Sloppy hair and makeup looks like its been thrown on at the last second.
-When flyers stick their elbows out on full downs/double downs.
-Bad and slow music.
-Not being ready (hair down, makeup not on, uniform off) when you get to the arena.
-Cowboyed out back tucks.
-Girls walking around with their uniform unzipped and skirts unbuttoned after the routine.
-Inconsiderate teams that walk infront of you in the middle of watching someones routine.
-Teams that take forever to get off the warm up mat.

Anyone else have pet peeves that are cheer related? :)
u basically summed up mine

Back