Cheer Pet Peeves?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

-people who think its ok to stand in front of you talking while your trying to watch the team on the floor .
-when you say good routine to a team and they look at you like you have 5 heads
-flyers that blame bases , bases that blame flyers
-bad music
-coaches showing that there team just screwed up on the floor
-gyms that think they are all that but are not that at all.
-and my #1 pet peeve -CHEER MAMA DRAMA

OK Cheer Mama Drama should definately be a show!!! Move over Dance moms, I'm watching Cheer Mama Drama!!

-when people think cheer is just about the sidelines, poms, and pleated skirts.... (come on, its the 21st century! havent people heard of allstar cheer??) or assosiate allstar cheer with school cheer... totally different
-backwards bows!
- stereotypes
-mean, rude teams that show inconsideration to their competitiors
-jump timing off
-when people arnt ready to throw tumbling, and then they fall at competition...
- scary fulls
-loose flyers
-ripped off choreo or music... I saw this a couple of times, where a team took almost all of cheer athletics music and used it as their own. seriously??
-when teammates yell at eachother on stage becasue of a stunt fall or something
-when people call a team a "squad" (ICK!)

What are some of your cheer pet peeves?
Here are mine...

-When flyers aren't felxible enough to hold the bottom of their foot on a heelstretch, but instead hold their ankle.
-Jumps that have flexed feet and land their legs a mile wide apart.
-Slow tumblers.
-Walking into a competition arena and teams are walking around in their spankys and sports bra.
-Slow award ceremonies.
-Sloppy hair and makeup looks like its been thrown on at the last second.
-When flyers stick their elbows out on full downs/double downs.
-Bad and slow music.
-Not being ready (hair down, makeup not on, uniform off) when you get to the arena.
-Cowboyed out back tucks.
-Girls walking around with their uniform unzipped and skirts unbuttoned after the routine.
-Inconsiderate teams that walk infront of you in the middle of watching someones routine.
-Teams that take forever to get off the warm up mat.

Anyone else have pet peeves that are cheer related? :)
basicallly all mine

My daughter is on a level 2 team. My biggest pet peeve is that Cheerleading gyms treat the lower levels like they are not as important as the higher level teams even though one day they will be
Come to my gym where everyone is equal and level 1-5 cheers on level 1-5:)

Cheer moms.
Seat Saving.
Cowboying back tucks.
Jammy. Plain and simple.
and lastly:

Under-rotating double fulls. Please don't risk injury, and do a simple single full. Under-rotated doubles are scary, and aren't cute.

When a girl decides not to land a TUCK JUMP!!!!!!!!!!! and costs u cheersport atlanta then acts like its no biggy and doesnt bother her

-when bases/back-spot doesn't catch the flyer!
-when people have no facial expressions!
-sloppy routines!
-teams that have no energy in their routine
-back-spots that don't pull up or look up
-when people on my team are negative before we compete, and saying we're going to lose
-when my team complains about how bad we are, the person complaining is not giving 100%.
-when the people we are going again have the same first few words in the name of their gym, ex. Top dog all-stars and top gun all-stars. because then at the awards ceremony when people are announcing, and those teams are in the top 2, you can't really cheer until your 100% sure the announcer said your name.

Back