Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I hate it when
- girls/guys go crooked in tumbling passes
-flyers aren't tight at all
-when no one has attitude on the mat
-everyone just smiles no facials
-when one person is off a count or 2

Moms who are trying to live vicariously through their children.
What does this mean exactly? If you go and applaud, we travel, we rent hotels, we leave work early to get them to practice on time. We take them to practice sometimes four or five times a week for two or three hours? Themed practice? She's dressed up. Need privates? I make it work. I care about her performance, I care about her team. I am mindful of coaches and other team members, but since I am blinged out in team colors, have a Rockets tag on my car, am I living vicariously through my daughter? If you like a sports team, are you living through the players on that team? I mean, I hear you, but living vicariously thru your daughter is a super broad statement. What is that?

My pet peeve, girls who run out of practice dramatically saying so and so did this to me, so and so said this, then say, oh, it's mama drama when a CP has pushed all mama's buttons to get her into mama drama mode . And you know, I've had no cheer mama drama truly, and the ones I see get hyped out and wiggy, I politely take their personalities into consideration and try to stay out of their paths. But in my observation the overdramatic mamas tend to have overdramatic daughters. My 2 cents.

What does this mean exactly? If you go and applaud, we travel, we rent hotels, we leave work early to get them to practice on time. We take them to practice sometimes four or five times a week for two or three hours? Themed practice? She's dressed up. Need privates? I make it work. I care about her performance, I care about her team. I am mindful of coaches and other team members, but since I am blinged out in team colors, have a Rockets tag on my car, am I living vicariously through my daughter? If you like a sports team, are you living through the players on that team? I mean, I hear you, but living vicariously thru your daughter is a super broad statement. What is that?

My pet peeve, girls who run out of practice dramatically saying so and so did this to me, so and so said this, then say, oh, it's mama drama when a CP has pushed all mama's buttons to get her into mama drama mode . And you know, I've had no cheer mama drama truly, and the ones I see get hyped out and wiggy, I politely take their personalities into consideration and try to stay out of their paths. But in my observation the overdramatic mamas tend to have overdramatic daughters. My 2 cents.

Ok, what that means, is Mothers who are consumed with their child being the best, and pushing their child to do things that they are clearly not ready to do. The mothers who talk about other cheerleaders in a negative way, to make their child look better. The mothers that forget that this sport is about teamwork, and not one "star". The moms who act like they're teenagers, not parents.
I'm so grateful that we don't have a parent like this at my cp's gym, but I know of a few from other gyms, and it really bothers me.
I also wear the bling, and totally support my daughter, drive an hour to practice and do whatever is necessary, that's being proud and supportive.
I hope this explains my statement a little better :)

-when my bases don't let go of my foot to cradle down from lib
-when tops talk about how good someone's body positions are and how jealous they are of them but don't actually stretch to get them
-when someone can't tell what is going wrong in a stunt so they just tell the flyer to be tighter
-when fake curls fall out of the competition floor (jk I secret find that hilarious!)

Back