Cheer Pet Peeves?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

DaniV said:
As a coach my biggest pet peeve at practice is when I give a correction and the athlete responds with "I know" or when athletes sass/talk back to me.

Yes! I always reply "if you know then why do I have to tell you?".
And if they sass me I will embarrass them and make them sit the bench until they can apologize. #dontmistakemykindnessforweakness

i can't stand when peoples run half the floor looking like they are going for a double and they do the ugliest cartwheel that you have ever seen. Im like way to get my hopes up....cheerfail!!!

-When team members constantly moan. Yes it's hard work but we are here to step up not take it easy.
-Broken wrists and sloppy dance motions.
-When a teams potential isn't maximised due to poor choreography that doesn't max out the scoresheet
-Placing blame on other team members, it's a TEAM you work together.
-Half energy/effort
-Letting make up and hair take priority
-people who moan about being banned from practice because they have a piercing they can't remove when they know the insurance and rules say no piercings
- having half the team missing when it's time to go to warm up

-Double Downs with crossed ankles.
-Dorito Scorpions
-Scales that look like a 4
-Flexed feet.
-Orange spray tans.
-When people do their toe touches with their chest down.
-When people don't work it in the dance. (When they just do the motions and don't get into it)
-High socks.
-When people start screaming and jumping up and down when second place is called and they know they won. (As opposed to waiting for them to call your name)

What does this mean exactly? If you go and applaud, we travel, we rent hotels, we leave work early to get them to practice on time. We take them to practice sometimes four or five times a week for two or three hours? Themed practice? She's dressed up. Need privates? I make it work. I care about her performance, I care about her team. I am mindful of coaches and other team members, but since I am blinged out in team colors, have a Rockets tag on my car, am I living vicariously through my daughter? If you like a sports team, are you living through the players on that team? I mean, I hear you, but living vicariously thru your daughter is a super broad statement. What is that?

My pet peeve, girls who run out of practice dramatically saying so and so did this to me, so and so said this, then say, oh, it's mama drama when a CP has pushed all mama's buttons to get her into mama drama mode . And you know, I've had no cheer mama drama truly, and the ones I see get hyped out and wiggy, I politely take their personalities into consideration and try to stay out of their paths. But in my observation the overdramatic mamas tend to have overdramatic daughters. My 2 cents.

I think what "Living vicariously through their children" means is that the child doesn't even want to cheer and the mom is just making her to relive her days as an all star cheerleader. You are definitely not doing so. I think you're just a mom who cares about her child's success and has team spirit.

Back