Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

crossed legs in double downs
Flexed feet from flyers
Incomplete rotations in tumbling and stunting
Poor quality cheer mixes
HUGEEE bumps/ poofs
Crowd Counting in the pyramid
And when the audience is off beat clapping in the dance !!!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Why do so many people hate crowd counting? I love it!

When little kids tumble unsupervised at comps in the hall ways. Idk about others but I've been hit a few times walk to our change room or to the warm up room. I've even had to tell kids to stop and go back to their parents and these aren't even girls from our own club these are girls from other clubs and there's no parent or coach to be seen! I'm sure the kids go back to the parents all like "this older girl told us off for walking around with no parent!"

No. It makes sense. Everything has a count, but also has words (if it's a cheer.) If you're not used to doing both, it takes some getting used to.

Cheering while stunting is hard for some girls, too. Ex: They are loud and clear on the ground, but when the cheer transitions to a full up lib, everyone starts sounding winded.
Thank you for putting into words. My cp is doing great, but again there are many people that don't think that what they do is challenging. High fives to all the HS CP's! My schedule will be quite challenging with a HS cp and 1for sure all star and another potential all star next season. Lol. It's going to be extremely interesting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When showing them their new routine they complain about how hard it is and how they won't be able to do it etc. Drives me crazy especially because in their heads they think they will have the entire thing perfect after the first practice so I constantly have to remind them how far they have come since day 1. Also I hate broken wrists, especially when flyers are front and center with them.

When showing them their new routine they complain about how hard it is and how they won't be able to do it etc.

This.

My favorite is when girls come in for school cheer tryouts, where the girls learn a cheer that first day (so they have Tuesday-Friday to work on it.) It goes a little something like this:

*learns cheer*
*practices it for the first time*
*starts off on the wrong foot*
*hyperventilates like "OMG I AM GONNA BE ON JV FOREVER! GOODBYE CRUEL WORLD!"*
*has to take a break*

You just learned it TWENTY MINUTES AGO.

You've cheered before. You should know that you're GOING to mess up.

This.

My favorite is when girls come in for school cheer tryouts, where the girls learn a cheer that first day (so they have Tuesday-Friday to work on it.) It goes a little something like this:

*learns cheer*
*practices it for the first time*
*starts off on the wrong foot*
*hyperventilates like "OMG I AM GONNA BE ON JV FOREVER! GOODBYE CRUEL WORLD!"*
*has to take a break*

You just learned it TWENTY MINUTES AGO.

You've cheered before. You should know that you're GOING to mess up.

OMG I know it just drives me absolutely nuts! And then you have your girls that are amazing and know and go around saying "I suck", "I'm so bad", "I'm not going to make it" just to get their teammates to tell them how great they are. I do not buy into those poor me routines at all makes me batty!

OMG I know it just drives me absolutely nuts! And then you have your girls that are amazing and know and go around saying "I suck", "I'm so bad", "I'm not going to make it" just to get their teammates to tell them how great they are. I do not buy into those poor me routines at all makes me batty!

Those are my fave.

*is center flyer*
*has textbook full*

Posts emo looking photo to Instagram: "omg you guys. my tryout was awful. so i might like, totally be doing JV tryouts. seriously" #fml #cheerprobz

Comments:

STOP. You're so perf. xoxo!
OMG love you so much!

See also:

Posts perfect tuck to Instagram.
Caption: God my tuck is a hot mess!

Comments:

WERK.
DO WERK.
SO AMAZING.
Ahhhh! Stop. So perfect. Love you!

Those are my fave.

*is center flyer*
*has textbook full*

Posts emo looking photo to Instagram: "omg you guys. my tryout was awful. so i might like, totally be doing JV tryouts. seriously" #fml #cheerprobz

Comments:

OMG love you so much!

See also:

Comments:

WERK.
DO WERK.
SO AMAZING.

That's exactly how it goes too! So funny to see that the problems we have are not just confined to our girls in particular :)

Those are my fave.

*is center flyer*
*has textbook full*

Comments:

OMG love you so much!

See also:

Comments:

WERK.
DO WERK.
SO AMAZING.
*is having a rough tumbling day and their full isn't as perf as usual*
"OMG Like this mental block is killing me I hate mental blocks"
Responses:
"OMG you're a perfect tumbler don't worry about it"
" no that was perf you're soooooo amazing and pretty"
Me: "girl bye. You wanna bring up mental blocks with me you better actually have one" :rolleyes:

It's just funny because while the varsity tryout is competitive, and I have cut veterans before, by and large the girls freaking out the most are the ones who have no reason to be.

I also can't believe I typed WERK. But the girls spell it like that on social media.

It's just funny because while the varsity tryout is competitive, and I have cut veterans before, by and large the girls freaking out the most are the ones who have no reason to be.

I also can't believe I typed WERK. But the girls spell it like that on social media.
exactly. This year I know a girl who transferred to another high school in town for next year. She barely missed varsity at our school last year (which is known to be more competitive skill wise) and was walking around telling people how she "isn't even worried at all" about it and "it's ***** I could throw a handstand and make it"

.... She made JV.

Never be cocky, but don't be an attention seeker either! I feel like I can look around at tryouts and see who will make what, the only thing I generally am unsure on is alternate vs actual comp team member. We always have a pretty clear split. Here's a hint, if you based the hardest stunt anyone did, threw the hardest tumbling, had the best jumps and have good motions, you're probably fine! :rolleyes:

There are so many "misconceptions" about HS cheer. My CP's coach has now been at her school now for 2 years. One of the things she eliminated was "captains". I never thought about it until we had a conversation about it. I truly like her "ideas and morales" with team building/bonding. My CP will be a senior next yr and is also pre-med. There are some extremely "great role" models on the team. She leaves it up to the "upper class men" to set the example for not just the Varsity team, but also the JV team! Instead of singling out 1-2 girls, it's an effort amongst the team.

Back