Cheer Pet Peeves?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I am a cheer mom, but agree that cheer mom's who think they know it all, make me crazy. I also hate when level 5 Worlds teams and parents look down on or put down an open level 5 team. Everything that they do on an open level 5 team is just as hard as any World's team routine except tumbling. Our open level 5 team scores just as well sometimes better in stunting than some World's teams, so stop thinking that you are better than us just because you get to go to Worlds. As is usually the case, the parents are the biggest problems in this issue as well. I'm guessing the CP's that act like that have learned it from their parents.

Peeve of my HS team (feel this is relevant to allstars): Parents that push their kids to hate the sport by constantly nagging about why they don't have a skill, what their coach is doing wrong, etc. And seeing those kids grumpily on the mat over several alternates who sit through practice knowing they'll never see an ounce of competition time but have the heart to be there.

i had a group of girls over the summer i coached called a half the first floor and a full the second floor...for some reason this really bugged me. i also can't stand when during transitions teams run around looking like they're clueless pushing each other out of the way, walk with your arms at your sides!!!

i absolutely cannot stand when flyers don't square their hips to the front on one legged doubles/singles and end up facing the side

I HATE...
  • cheer parents that are a little too involved. cheer for your childs team all you want! but dont interfere with the coaching. you may think u know wats best for your child... but a COACH knows wats best for a TEAM.
  • ACCESSIVE SPIRTING right after tumbling! there is no need to "make it rain" or spank ur butt cause u landed a skill that is expected from your level.
  • glittery make-up that isnt properly applied. i think nautral eyes and a jucy lip color are the way to go..but if ur gonna do glitter make sure its not the kind that clumps! and glitter lips... just plain distracting... is it worth gross feeling?

when mom's think their child belongs on a higher level team even though they do not have the skills that qualify them to be on that team and they go running to the coaches and the gym owners calling meetings so they can get their child moved up!

when people don't clean up to the crowd after tumbling passes. Or after they land they fix their spankies/skirts while their butts are still towards the crowd.
you know some gyms or coaches dont even allow their cheerleaders to do that, some consider it showboating. rediculous as it sounds, I know. And personally, I'd rather they fix their spankies/skirts while their butts are still towards the crowd. I hate to see wedgies/spankies any longer than I have to during a routine.

I hate when you get injured 3 days b4 the first comp of the season.
I hate when people are rude and snobbie when they arent even that good
Ex: why this why that, they should do this and do that!
Its always the people that are flower pots or ppl. that dont even cheer
I hate when u hit stunts or tumbling durring all your practices and then wanna get to comp and fall all oveer the place .lol.
OMG i deff hate this one .lol.( When you have friends on a diff team, and they want u to watch and support them like they did for you, and like the ppl from that gym say excuse me but this is our gym going on next not world cup, so can you please)...... yes that happend 2 weeks ago at athletic championship bahaahhah
Oh, you must be talking about some people at my daughters cheer gym...LOL! I would apologize for them but it's sad to say, you know we all have them at every gym. Hopefully, it wont happen in Rhode Island.

Back