Cheer Pet Peeves?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My biggest pet peeve is psycho cheer mom's who think their daughter is 'thebombdotcom' and insist that their child be put on front row of formation. We had one of those, luckily she left our team last night because her daughter wasn't being coddled by the coach.

People who think they are chocolate and better than everyone else... Even though they can't fly... can't tumble... or even base to a high standard!

omg something that has always drove me crazy is when events or people who sell cheer clothing put the silhouette of a scorpion or heel stretch and they are always terrible! seriously you couldn't get someone more flexible its just a silhouette!! and when flyers get lazy and feel like they dont have to do anything to keep themselves up or when tiny flyers think "oh im tiny i dont have to do anything" you do.

people at practice who start pulling scorps or scales or stretches during a PRACTICE & they know they will never fly..
Me and half of my team is guilty of this. hahahahah We call it the "Top girl club".. once you are caught pulling body positions at practice (or anywhere else for that matter..) you are initiated into the club. Me and a girl I cheer with on my allstar team spent 10 minutes at our last school squad practice trying to do 360 ball up tick tocks... we're ground bound unfortunately.

When girls dont think they have to try.
eek.png

I was actually both. My parents made me choose between the two this year. While all star is harder, school cheer is still cheer. On my school team we actually did more conditioning than my all star gym did. Yes, the stunts where easier and so was the tumbling, but it shouldnt matter. What all star does really isnt cheer anymore. School cheer, however, is.

Ohh well then our all star gyms are different. ha

Back