Cheer Pet Peeves?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

- Roundoff & cartwheels at a high school leveled cheer competition.
- shaking while in a full.
- sloppy motions & dancing
- over dramatic facials & flopping around

i had a group of girls over the summer i coached called a half the first floor and a full the second floor...for some reason this really bugged me. i also can't stand when during transitions teams run around looking like they're clueless pushing each other out of the way, walk with your arms at your sides!!!

I'm guilty of that. In middle school my coach used to call those stunts "Half" & "Full". You in the Midwest?

~overweight girls in crop top uni's. i mean cmon coaches, plz think of all the team member b4 creating the uni's.
~girls flying just cuz they r young and small but not even good.
~girl that think they r so light but rlly r sooo heavy.
i mean i cld go on and on and on but most of mine have already been said. ;)

• when uniforms dont fit
  • when people have no idea what the are doing when something falls or touches
  • when the point stunt/tumbling doesnt hit
  • people walking in front of you when u are watching a team
  • when u see bra straps on uniforms
  • uniforms that are unsparkly when teams make up is wayyyyy to outragous

When a new season starts and all the new parents want to interrogate you about how much your cp flyer weighs. Really, it's none of your business, and this isn't going to turn into a "one-up" contest.

after this weekend i'm fed up of seeing flyers fall and then let it effect the rest of the routine! suck it up and work it harder if that happens!

1. Girls in uniform at comps with zippers undone, naval piercings or (yes I have seen this on more than one occasion) changing your top in the middle of the hallways. I know a sports bra covers more than most swimsuit tops, but it is still a bra.
2. In complete agreement about winning teams not giving the second place team their moment.
3. Saving seats - rude, rude, rude. I'm not talking about 1 or 2, I'm talking about the coats and jackets and bags laid out over 5 or more seats or even rows.
4. Not waiting until the team on the stage is done to find seats. The most they will have to wait is 2min, 30 secs. I think they can stand on the sides for that long.
5. Teams dropping a level to compete at the big comps. Frankly, I don't think it should be allowed. When I rule the world
biggrin.png
, if a team hasn't competed at the lower level for their last two comps, too bad, no dropping down.
6. Regarding the occasional comment about not all girls on a squad having the tumbling. Large gyms have the luxury of evening out the skill levels on their squads. Small gyms don't. You work with what you have and do your best to bring up the girls who aren't there yet.
7. Makeup that you would never wear on the street. Why do they want to make their girls look ridiculous? It doesn't show up on stage anyway - and if it does it must be really bad.
8. Another change when I rule the world: comps will no longer be weighted so heavily on the 2nd day. I personally like 50/50, but if it's 20/80 or 30/70, the higher percentage is used for the best score from either day. Why should the team that drops a stunt the first day and does well the second day get to beat the team that performs beautifully the first day and has a bobble on the second day and because of the weighting system loses.

-ULTIMATE PET PEEVE!!: The "Pity" awards... awards given to those who clearly didn't do well at all but got an award because they weren't going to get any other one... like the music award, best crowd, spirit etc. (these awards would be great if given to the right people)

Don't watch the CEA Small Senior routine

Hahaha! I literally laughed out loud when I read that ^^^^ and then even harder when I heard their music. =)

And for the record......there were only 3 fin flips!!!! CEA Small Sr...thumbs up in my book! Hahahaha! Thanks for the laugh, I needed that this morning!!

Back