Cheer Pet Peeves?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This has most likely been said already, but one of my biggest pet peeves is when the bases don't catch their flyer when they fall. They don't realize that they have someone's life in their hands and it's THEIR responsibility to make sure they're safe. i never let my flyers hit the ground.

- when someone blames a stunt falling on one person and clearly it's their own/the whole group's fault.
- when people do their hair differently than everyone else (because we had a certain hair for each team for comps) and stick out.
- people who think they can keep their piercings in for practice and/or comps.

there's a thing for the hair .if one person in the teams have diffrent hair its weird.But girl with short hair or black girl with kinky or braids or extension sometime as to be a lil different because some hairstyles just dosent work.Theres a limited to be identical. But hair have to be clean and look good on everyone on the teams and be as similar as possible.

girls walking around in sports bras, unzipped skirts/tops, pants under skirts, KNEE HIGH SOCKS (barf), bad technique, tramp stamps that show during a routine (or are showcased), music that is all sound effects and one that is starting to get on my nerves- broadway style dances--be original ladies!

When one girl has on a pair of briefs from last season (zebra/white), rest of the team has on red, wow, you notice almost every jump. Distracting.

When any one person in the stunt group decides that they're more important than the other members of a stunt group... try doing your stunt sequence without one of the people in your group... no flyer, doesn't quite cut it... take your base out... not quite cutting it... take your back spot out... nope, not quite cutting it. It's a TEAM sport... get over yourself and support each other!

Back