Cheer Pet Peeves?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

"Flyers" who act like the world is ending when they become bases in the new seasons routine. (Ummmm 80% of cheerleaders NEVER get a chance to fly and still love to cheer! Stop being such a princess!)

Also crazy cheer moms who try to pull strings to get their kids in the air when
a. The child doesn't even want to be a flyer, and/or
b. The child CLEARLY doesn't have the body type/flexibility to be a flyer
SO many moms are obsessed with their daughter flying!! I just don't understand what the big deal is??

i HATE IT WHEN flyers cross their legs in any twisting dismount from a stunt.. and i CANNOT STAND when flyers give me these helicopter propellors and dont squeeze in twist. OH MY GAWWWDDDDDD it drives me insane!

Mine are a tad bit more specific pet peeves...
  • When "little" Suzie's mom whines and gripes to coaches constantly about how "if Suzie doesn't fly, we'll leave." Too bad Suzie is a head taller than her bases and can't squeeze to save her life. Guess who always gets stuck basing that nice bundle joy? Me, of course. :banghead:
  • When flyers bail in the air.
  • That small group of girls on the team that practically refuse to wear makeup to competitions and have everyone else do it for them at the very last minute. You want to be a part of a sport that doesn't wear makeup? Go play softball.
  • When there isn't perfect opposites in a routine. Ex.- A tall blonde girl is opposites with a really short brunette.
  • When teams just walk off of the competition floor like "okay, that's over." You just performed a perfect routine atleast have some bit of excitment.
  • Unorganized competitions.
  • Athletes that are extremely talented but completely lack confidence. Please just realize how amazing you are.
  • When flyers swear that they stretch at home, they refuse to let you help them stretch, and their scorp looks like this...
:dorito:
  • When level 5 athletes, or any level of athletes, are rude or talk down to anyone below their level. You had to start from the same place that they're at now. Keep that in mind the next time that you tell someone that they suck because they only have a backhandspring or when you laugh at them because they're actually performing and are more entertaining than you have ever been thus far.
*Finally takes a sigh of relief and hops off the soap box.* Rant it over.

Mine are a tad bit more specific pet peeves...
  • . Keep that in mind the next time that you tell someone that they suck because they only have a backhandspring or when you laugh at them because they're actually performing and are more entertaining than you have ever been thus far.
*Finally takes a sigh of relief and hops off the soap box.* Rant it over.

THIS TIMES A BILLION. I'm forever being made fun of for actually performing my routine in practice. Seriously, "practice like you perform" is a thing for a reason. If you think you can slop your way through your routine in practice and then look good on stage, you're dead wrong, and you'll end up looking more ridiculous than the girls that actually sell it.

I hate this.

THIS TIMES A BILLION. I'm forever being made fun of for actually performing my routine in practice. Seriously, "practice like you perform" is a thing for a reason. If you think you can slop your way through your routine in practice and then look good on stage, you're dead wrong, and you'll end up looking more ridiculous than the girls that actually sell it.

I hate this.
Oh my goodness. Yes! You pretty much said it all. The easiest way that I can explain it is if you don't need botox after you age out from the wrinkles in your forehead or smile lines, you didn't perform enough.

- Flyers who have their foot behind their neck in their scorp (especially for upper levels who should be beyond that)
- tumblers who do whips or pikes and try to call them layouts
- the fact that no one seems to get marked down for doing the "dorito" scorps or pikes/whips in competition.

When athletes who aren't cheerleaders say cheerleading isn't a sport. They say it's so easy to do and hard to get injured. All you do is chant cute little sayings, do a couple flips here and there, and toss 100-pound girls into the air. WRONG.

When athletes who aren't cheerleaders say cheerleading isn't a sport. They say it's so easy to do and hard to get injured. All you do is chant cute little sayings, do a couple flips here and there, and toss 100-pound girls into the air. WRONG.

OMG YES....

What are some of your cheer pet peeves?
Here are mine...

-When flyers aren't felxible enough to hold the bottom of their foot on a heelstretch, but instead hold their ankle.
-Jumps that have flexed feet and land their legs a mile wide apart.
-Slow tumblers.
-Walking into a competition arena and teams are walking around in their spankys and sports bra.
-Slow award ceremonies.
-Sloppy hair and makeup looks like its been thrown on at the last second.
-When flyers stick their elbows out on full downs/double downs.
-Bad and slow music.
-Not being ready (hair down, makeup not on, uniform off) when you get to the arena.
-Cowboyed out back tucks.
-Girls walking around with their uniform unzipped and skirts unbuttoned after the routine.
-Inconsiderate teams that walk infront of you in the middle of watching someones routine.
-Teams that take forever to get off the warm up mat.

Anyone else have pet peeves that are cheer related? :)
This is about all mine hahah

Back